Author Topic: option to opt out of ranking system  (Read 1814 times)

Offline tarmack

• Zinc Member
option to opt out of ranking system
« on: November 25, 2010, 08:52:04 PM »
Just wondering who would favor an option to opt out of ranking system. Not talking about perks or score. At the beginning of each tour a player would be given an irreversible option to opt out for the entire tour. On the clipboard it would say something like NA.

Would this make for better fights?

I would like that option.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: option to opt out of ranking system
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 09:05:38 PM »
Don't look at it and it won't affect you.  :aok
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 09:17:16 PM »
sounds like a interesting idea just to see who would opt out.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 09:19:47 PM by flatiron1 »

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 09:29:12 PM »

^^^
This
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline BigKev03

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 10:08:30 PM »
Idea is noble but like a previous poster said if you dont look at it then it doesnt bother you.  Personally I dont care about ranking.  I fly on here just to occupy my time and have fun.  Just make the game fun for you and dont worry about ranking and other players taunting or their rankings.  Enjoy it!!!

BigKev

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 03:18:11 AM »

No, because one who does opt out doesn't care about rank anyway. and those who do care about it won't opt out.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 08:54:25 AM »
Just wondering who would favor an option to opt out of ranking system. Not talking about perks or score. At the beginning of each tour a player would be given an irreversible option to opt out for the entire tour. On the clipboard it would say something like NA.

I would like that option.

Well I guess Admiral Gilligan won't need to worry about retaining control of his CV  :D
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 12:35:05 PM »
Would be cool to have or maybe stop somebody from seeing your score that way you will avoid the my "score is better than yours".

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »

:aok
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline tarmack

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 12:51:23 PM »
Don't look at it and it won't affect you.  :aok

actually I was thinking it might affect how others fight there by improving fights. Besides the question was would you favor it or not. Yes or no will suffice but your comments are welcome also.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 12:53:55 PM by tarmack »

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 12:53:48 PM »
actually I was thinking it might affect how others fight there by improving fights.

True but the main purpose of this is to have fun, some people enjoy having the best score or competing for it.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 01:02:34 PM »
actually I was thinking it might affect how others fight there by improving fights.

Well you haven't really explained HOW you think this would improve flights, I don't see how it would.  If you opt out of your score, then you obviously don't care about your score, so if you don't care about it, then how would it effect your fights?

Other potential issues I see with this is channel 200 purse fights about a player's actions and if he did it just to protect his score. "You didn't opt out of the scoring option so every more you make is for your score."  Or, we'd hear all kinds of whines about, "I would be a better rank than you but I just choose not to do it it."  Finally, would those who opt out have to sacrifice their ability to take over a CV?  No complaining when a 4000 ranked player kicks you out of the CV to drive it to a PT spawn.

Folks, play nice.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 01:32:20 PM »
By opting out people would not even rank in game.  There would be a certain freedom come from it I guess.

Would also like to see everyone be required to run 25 sorties in EACH catagory before rank could be enabled for that catagory and no
global rank would be enabled without all four catagories being scored with 25 sorties each. 
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 01:37:08 PM »
By opting out people would not even rank in game.  There would be a certain freedom come from it I guess.

Would also like to see everyone be required to run 25 sorties in EACH catagory before rank could be enabled for that catagory and no
global rank would be enabled without all four categories being scored with 25 sorties each. 

If your "freedom" in the game is constrained by something you can easily ignore, you've got a problem.  The only time I see my score is when I choose to pull it up.  Are people addicted to their score?  Do they want to stop caring about score but they just can't, because it's always there? 

Sure, 25 sorties, I can probably launch and land 25 sorties in about 45 seconds at a rear base, wouldn't bother me. [sarcasm]

Sorry, I don't think either of these are problems.

Folks, play nice.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 01:40:53 PM »
obviously Jayahwk none of this applies to you  :neener:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns