Author Topic: Perk points to switch countrys?  (Read 1020 times)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Perk points to switch countrys?
« on: July 23, 2011, 08:14:01 AM »
I dunno I'm just throwing this out here as an idea, personally I don't really fly perk planes to often maybe get rid of them all in a few splurges on 262s, I know most of the guys who switch looking for a fight also do not really fly perked planes, for whatever reason people in the game place a strange value on them. Obviously there are guys are out there that know the ins and outs better than me regards perks and could explain the pros and cons of such a system?

Basically a set time to switch 45 mins to 1 hour were you absolutely cannot switch regardless of perks, after that if you switch within the 12 hour limit you have to have the perks to do it (I have no idea what would be a reasonable amount), after the 12 hour limit you switch perk free. Maybe its crazy tell me what you think.  :salute

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk points to switch countrys?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2011, 10:40:27 AM »
Well, another approach might be to reward players who switch to the lower side a few perkies to encourage switching that evens the sides out.  If you cant switch but every 12 hours it isn't like you could make a perkie point haul, but just a little something.

I prefer the carrot to the stick.  Reward positive behavior that improves gameplay instead of penalizing negative effect gameplay.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Silat

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 01:09:51 PM »
You mean those that see one side is overwhelmed and set their timer for 12 hours then switch?  :x
+Silat
"The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them." — Maya Angelou
"Conservatism offers no redress for the present, and makes no preparation for the future." B. Disraeli
"All that serves labor serves the nation. All that harms labor is treason."

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 02:34:37 PM »
how many of those who switch are the ones who make the game 1 sided.  then you want to reward them to switch to the low number that now will be the one with high numbers?  talking about a bad idea.

switching to look for a fight is just saying I am too lazy to start one.   i log in every night and there's always a good fight somewhere on my side of the map. I must be the exception.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 02:40:36 PM »
The exception to the 12 hour rule should be that you have unlimited switches to the low numbered side. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
how many of those who switch are the ones who make the game 1 sided.  then you want to reward them to switch to the low number that now will be the one with high numbers?  talking about a bad idea.

switching to look for a fight is just saying I am too lazy to start one.  i log in every night and there's always a good fight somewhere on my side of the map. I must be the exception.

semp

Or your idea of a fight leaves much to be desired. I will say it again-----------------------> cherryfesting the edge of an enemy base with all the advantages is not much of a fight IMHO  :aok

Perching above a furball in a pony picking scalps at 400 mph also lacks "fight"

Obviously the game is heading more towards your style of "fight" :huh not suprised that you are happy with the change!  good for you  :salute

Just saying

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2011, 02:56:51 PM »

Or your idea of a fight leaves much to be desired. I will say it again-----------------------> cherryfesting the edge of an enemy base with all the advantages is not much of a fight IMHO  :aok

Perching above a furball in a pony picking scalps at 400 mph also lacks "fight"

Obviously the game is heading more towards your style of "fight" :huh not suprised that you are happy with the change!  good for you  :salute

Just saying

JUGgler

juggler  you :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry so much.  stop it, it's breaking my heart.

semp

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2011, 03:05:19 PM »

switching to look for a fight is just saying I am too lazy to start one.   i log in every night and there's always a good fight somewhere on my side of the map. I must be the exception.

semp

What exactly are you trying to say?  "How many of those who switch are the ones who make the game 1 sided"  ?  When I switch, it is normally to the lower number team so I can up into the horde of skilless bananas and ruin their fun "fight".

Your idea of a "good fight" and what a good fight is...are two different things.  You talking about a fight is kinda like a football player telling the rocket scientist at NASA, how to do his job.  Just no buisness happening. 
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 03:13:57 PM »
Sorry, people try to make perk points the currency of Aces High, but I don't think that's what it's for.  Perks should stay the way they are, you shouldn't be able to trade perks, shouldn't be able to pay perks to get upgrades, etc. etc.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »
Whatever Pervert wants he should have.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2011, 03:27:33 PM »
What exactly are you trying to say?  "How many of those who switch are the ones who make the game 1 sided"  ?  When I switch, it is normally to the lower number team so I can up into the horde of skilless bananas and ruin their fun "fight".

Your idea of a "good fight" and what a good fight is...are two different things.  You talking about a fight is kinda like a football player telling the rocket scientist at NASA, how to do his job.  Just no buisness happening. 

so you are a rocket scientist who can tell everybody here what a good fight is or isnt?  a good fight for me is when I have fun, win or lose, get a kill or not.  so sorry if my idea of a good fight is different that yours.

having said that, now you can go to your launch control mission.  there's new shuttles being made, make sure everything is ready. sorry i wasted your precious time.

semp

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2011, 03:29:50 PM »

semp

Semp, that's the biggest load of BS yet  :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2011, 04:24:53 PM »
Semp, that's the biggest load of BS yet  :)

now what you fail to realize is this:   most people who switch do not do it to help the low side, some do, most dont.  they only switch when they see a country hording.  that is pure and simple.  I am not saying that some people do like to switch if another country is low on numbers.

semp

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2011, 04:34:23 PM »
now what you fail to realize is this:   most people who switch do not do it to help the low side, some do, most dont.  they only switch when they see a country hording.  that is pure and simple.  I am not saying that some people do like to switch if another country is low on numbers.

semp

So your belief is that most folks are so bent on points and being on the 'winning' team that they switch just for that?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »

semp

Only a horder would interpret switching in such a way. This is a classic case of removing the beam in your eye before you try to remove the splinter in your brother's.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla