Author Topic: Shhhh.... I'm Secretly Shelling the Base.  (Read 1301 times)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: Shhhh.... I'm Secretly Shelling the Base.
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2011, 06:36:34 AM »
In the real war, there were people who were tasked with spotting the enemy.

What!!!!! players would have to man radar......great idea  +1:aok :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2011, 08:31:22 AM »
"super secret invisible whack-a-mole mallot"<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< :rofl :rofl :rofl
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline alpini13

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2011, 12:51:09 PM »
kinda funny,i seem to remember a bunch of historical factual occurances in ww2 that this would match exactly. force A  just happens to attack where there are no defenders stationed by force B.if force B dosent find out about the attack,then force A captures town /base with little or no opposition,if force B finds out about the attack they then have to shift forces to defend,sometimes successfully sometimes not...lets see....few guys in a jeep drove to rome ..no one there,nobody believed them..anzio landings...one of the beaches on D-day....several places on russian front...ok ALL of france...well not ALL of france.  several instances in norway ops.....channel dash with german capital ships,  face it,in real world  armies are not everywhere that is their occupied territorry......CHEEZE is now served,lol

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2011, 06:02:28 PM »
kinda funny,i seem to remember a bunch of historical factual occurances in ww2 that this would match exactly. force A  just happens to attack where there are no defenders stationed by force B.if force B dosent find out about the attack,then force A captures town /base with little or no opposition,if force B finds out about the attack they then have to shift forces to defend,sometimes successfully sometimes not...lets see....few guys in a jeep drove to rome ..no one there,nobody believed them..anzio landings...one of the beaches on D-day....several places on russian front...ok ALL of france...well not ALL of france.  several instances in norway ops.....channel dash with german capital ships,  face it,in real world  armies are not everywhere that is their occupied territorry......CHEEZE is now served,lol

errrrrr how about, what was that island about 3 hour flight west from LA.....pearl.......pearl..... .help me here........
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2011, 07:10:44 PM »
Maybe no base should flash unless a player is manning the radar and yes I do check bases and have fun jumping a mission off a cv :salute
I move that HawkerMKII and icepac's accounts only be allowed to man radar stations from this point forward.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-