Author Topic: factories  (Read 1384 times)

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
factories
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
as someone has brought this topic up before , i would like to suggest that it reconsidered , if factories are in the game for production then shouldnt the destruction effect eny , for example i see htc has brought up bot which advances factories forward or retreats them , if factories were destroyed and eny for that side  increases do you think that would be more fun , i understand eny has to be in place for player numbers in each side but i think that structure should be changed to skill and rank rather than numbers making it fair all round  :salute

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
Re: factories
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2012, 01:06:54 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:48:49 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline branch37

• Silver Member
      • VF-17 Jolly Rogers
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 01:13:46 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:48:59 PM by Skuzzy »

CMDR Branch37
VF-17 Jolly Rogers  C.O.

Offline 4Prop

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 01:14:47 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:49:13 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:49:58 PM by Skuzzy »
JG 52

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2012, 01:59:55 PM »
See Rules #2, #5
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 02:50:35 PM by Skuzzy »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2012, 02:52:29 PM »
You know the funny thing.  The people most likely to get suspended are the ones who are responding in a derogatory manner.

Nothing says you have to respond.  Consider that a heads up.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2012, 03:00:30 PM »
I've often thought that there should be more associated with the attack roll, convoys (both land and sea), train depots, all sorts of fun stuff.  I don't think ENY would be the way to go however.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2012, 03:05:08 PM »
I think ENY should remain a balancing tool, and not be able to be manipulated by other player's actions.

In fact, if someone raised ENY by bombing a factory, it would probably cause people to switch sides, lowering the player numbers for the afflicted country on top of the raised ENY, so it'd be a double-whammy.  In this case, the purpose of ENY would be completely ruined.
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline MAINER

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2012, 05:03:10 PM »
as someone has brought this topic up before , i would like to suggest that it reconsidered , if factories are in the game for production then shouldnt the destruction effect eny , for example i see htc has brought up bot which advances factories forward or retreats them , if factories were destroyed and eny for that side  increases do you think that would be more fun , i understand eny has to be in place for player numbers in each side but i think that structure should be changed to skill and rank rather than numbers making it fair all round  :salute

nope.
Are those our bombers?-famous last words

Member of the congregation of The church of David Wales

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2012, 05:53:26 PM »
i understand eny has to be in place for player numbers in each side but i think that structure should be changed to skill and rank rather than numbers making it fair all round  :salute

Skill is learned and has nothing to do with arena balance.

Rank is easily manipulated, has very little to do with skill, and thus should have no effect on ENY or arena balancing.

ENY is (and should be) based on overall arena numbers, to encourage people to either switch sides to even numbers or fly less capable planes to try to make up for superior numbers of people. In reality, ENY doesn't quite create the result it was intended to, but it's what seems the most fair way to accomplish it.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2012, 06:19:49 PM »
Skuzzy is on a roll!!!
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
When I first checked this topic, all I saw was...

See Rule #4
See Rule #4
See Rules #2, #4
See Rules #2, #4
See Rules #2, #5

"WTF!?"

Then I saw this...

You know the funny thing.  The people most likely to get suspended are the ones who are responding in a derogatory manner.

Nothing says you have to respond.  Consider that a heads up.

:rofl Oh man....I almost passed out laughing. :rofl

As for this idea, I will have to lean towards no. -1  ENY is brutal enough as is, no need to make it worse. :lol
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline davidwales

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2012, 06:39:02 AM »
my idea was to beef eny up so it is fair to everyone , htc have just stated eny doesnt have the desired effects it was designed for , if it was altered for aircraft manufacturing and skill , there could be a sliding scale and not just on numbers as some of these numbers could be persons staying logged to gain perks if there side wins and are afk , also new players on a 2 week trial surley akf and 2 week trialers should not be counted as eny increases , there must be away htc can crossreferance afk and trialers and build it into the eny bot .then it may stop people changing country as i think some pilots change country to avoid eny to fly there preffered aircraft  (personal view not proven ):salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2012, 08:34:06 AM »
htc have just stated eny doesnt have the desired effects it was designed for
If you're referring to my post, I'm not an employee of HTC, I'm just a volunteer member of the Campain Manager staff that helps run special events - namely the Friday Squad Ops events.

there must be away htc can crossreferance afk and trialers and build it into the eny
People who habitually log in and go AFK for hours irk me, but it is what it is. I think the investment of time and manpower to try to write code to address this far outweighs any potential benefit gained by it.

then it may stop people changing country as i think some pilots change country to avoid eny to fly there preffered aircraft  (personal view not proven ):salute
That's kind of the point of ENY in the first place.  ;)
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals