Author Topic: X52 issue please help  (Read 1458 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: X52 issue please help
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 10:13:31 AM »
i installed the SST software tonight to see if the button was working there and it is the button shows it works in testing and in software but it still dont do anything in AH it still dont highlight all other buttons highlight other then just the pinky trigger it is so wierd i dont think a new stick will solve the issue and i unplugged everything from my computer other then mouse and keyboard and x52 still same thing so i dont think its a power issue. it just acts like AH will not pick up on that button for some reason

Ok.  Please just bear with me here.  With the SST software running, do you have a profile loaded with it?  If you're unsure, look at the icon for the X52 down by your clock.  It looks like the throttle and stick in black, if memory serves.  Does it have a yellow (or green?  Sorry, colorblind) around it, or is it just the icon in black on your taskbar background?

If it's got the yellow (or green) outline around it, that would indicate it's running a profile and the pinky by default initiates a shift state.  To get rid of the profile, right click on the icon and choose 'clear profile'.  Then try running the game and see what you get.

If that doesn't work, try this:

Open the profile editor and create a new one.  You will see it come up with a blank profile with three modes, mode1, mode2 and mode 3.  If you scroll to the right in the window, you'll also see it has 3 shift state modes.  Pinky-Mode1, Pinky-Mode2, Pinky-Mode3 (they might be something different, I'm doing this from memory).  At the top right of the columns, there's a blue x button you can use to delete the shift state columns.  Delete the ones that are pinky-mode# and save the profile as 'AH' or something along those lines.  Right click on the icon again, and the filename you created should be at the top of the list.  Click on it to load that profile, and try the button again in game.

If that doesn't work, I got nothing.  The only time I've seen it work like you're describing is if the SST thought pinky was a shift state trigger, which basically stops the game from treating it like a button.

Hope this helps, if you need further clarification I can try again.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 01:40:20 PM »
Wiley i will be home around 6pm eastern and will give that a try thank yolet lu for your time explaining i will let you know if it works
G3-MF

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 03:55:38 PM »
wiley i do see the mode 1,2 and 3 and mode 1,2 and 3 + pinky but i dont see how to delete the mode 1,2 and 3 + pinky also i noticed when i click the pinky trigger it selects mode 1 + pinky.... i wonder if i uninstall aces high and re install it if that would work
G3-MF

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2013, 04:00:46 PM »
wiley i do see the mode 1,2 and 3 and mode 1,2 and 3 + pinky but i dont see how to delete the mode 1,2 and 3 + pinky also i noticed when i click the pinky trigger it selects mode 1 + pinky.... i wonder if i uninstall aces high and re install it if that would work

Top right corner of the column that says mode 1 + pinky there should be an X button to remove that shift state, up by in the vicinity of where it says mode 1 + pinky.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2013, 04:08:48 PM »
there is a option at top that says view and then click grids and in there you can delete the mode 1,2 and 3 +pinkie i did that saved the profile and bam it works great Thank you so much sir. Thank you to everyone that had tryed to help me <<S>> gents.. must have been the shift state after all wiley.
G3-MF

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 04:13:44 PM »
Glad it helped.  I know on mine every time I reboot, I have to load my profile.  Not sure if it's a setting I used to make it that way, but just be aware it might be necessary.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 04:16:31 PM »
k do you know if there is a way to turn off the shift state without running a profile up until now i never needed one but if thats what it takes its not that big of a deal
G3-MF

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 04:26:03 PM »
Frankly I'm surprised it was doing that when you didn't have the SST loaded.  I can only guess it's the default setup in the driver for some reason.  I don't know of a way to do it without the profile unfortunately.

Personally I actually use the features of the profiler to set up shift states coming off the clutch button in the middle of the bottom rotary on the throttle to double the number of functions I can get from the buttons, but it's an unholy combination of SST settings and button mappings in AH that I wouldn't recommend to most people.  The upside is there's very few flight operations I need to use the keyboard for.  The downside is, I seriously doubt my profile would make any sense to anybody but me.

One other gotcha with the X52, if you want to use that button in the middle of the lower rotary, there's a setting in the windows joystick properties people mentioned earlier in the thread to disable clutch mode, which is what you need to do to use that button.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 04:40:22 PM »
yea it was already disabled and i am suprised with you because i have not used SST software in the passed and it worked fine also the drivers i downloaded from there site when i got this new PC around month and half 2 months ago and it worked fine up until friday i logged on and was practicing for FSO when it quit working in mid flight thats what had me scratching my head. if it takes a profile to run it that way from this point on its ok it only take 1 minute to make one. thanks again so much for helping me getting it working i was starting to get worried i may miss 2 FSOs ;)
G3-MF

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 04:47:01 PM »
That sounds weird.  I can't really see it being an AH issue although I can't say definitively.  If it were me, I'd just go with what works if there's no other ill effects.

If I were inclined to try to fix it, I'd probably just take the sledgehammer approach and reinstall windows and everything else, no SST software, and expect that to fix it.

Wiley.

JG11