Author Topic: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves  (Read 41085 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Planes flipping during agressive defensive moves
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:57 AM »
I thought they were cable pulling  :huh
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 08:10:37 AM »
So essentially the player stalled the aircraft out, it torque flips over to the left, and he keeps accelerated stalling it.  The issue really is with the coding....the Energy bleed of an aircraft no longer flying streamlined through the air is pretty damn high, not to mention the spike in induced drag as  he hangs in the stall regime.  So when an airplane with a big ole motor like that stalls, it should end up either nose low (gravity kicking in), or start spinning. Regardless the guy in the aircraft will be doing spin prevent or dive recovery vs BFM.

Cept he isnt intentionally accelerating it.

I've been getting the same type stalls while flying the D9 doing maneuvers that used to be so routine to me over the years they became second nature. Some of them arent even particularly aggressive.
I thought it was just part of the new version and something I was going to have to learn to adjust to.

It doesnt happen to me in all planes which is why folks have been seeing me in different planes. I'm seeing what planes do what at what speeds all over again. Some planes stalls are more prominent then others
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 08:12:56 AM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline katanaso

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 08:19:45 AM »
Would be nice to get this under control as it makes tracking the defender very difficult.  Another player who exhibited this behaviour was under full control of his plane and shot me as I went past even though my end was showing him do this sort of thing.

I've encountered a handful of players that can do this.  They've learned to work the flight/stall model. 

It's the AH3 version of AW's "Spin Turning" 190's. 
mir
80th FS "Headhunters"

The most terrifying words in the English language are: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 08:49:19 AM »
I've seen this as well in my case I thought I made hit, the plane was spinning in a 3/4 - 1/4 motion fast then slow.  I thought I took parts off but just didn't see the parts fly so I backed off.  The plane spun like this from about 5k down, when I didn't see the kill message I came back around.  It literally looked like he bounced off the deck came straight at me and face shot me.

Needless to say I logged for the night
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 08:51:58 AM »
One minute in this SAAB Safir does a nice snap roll:

In the OP's video it looks like a lag glitch at 21 seconds, due to there not being enough positional updates to accurately recreate the maneuver and the interpolation logic fails. This is the reason we get the "don't move your controls so fast" warning when stick-stirring. When spinning or snap rolling the "recording" that is transmitted via the internet and recreated on the other players' screens sometimes can't keep up with the rapid changes of pitch, roll and yaw, and funny things happen.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2016, 08:56:15 AM »
Was tracking a Spit that did defensive "maneuvers" that were nothing like I've ever seen in AH before -- changing attitude so fast it was almost a blur -- and he maintained perfect control afterward.  Didn't get a film.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Ratsy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2016, 09:25:45 AM »
Back in the Alpha I noticed, in the P51B for one example, that I could induce an accelerated stall/unrecoverable spin by tightening an already tight turn.  My attempts to recover (three turns - opposite rudder) resulted in a secondary spin at low altitude.  Crash.

This was observed by a squadron mate.

I went to work on my sticks and have been subtly tuning them for the last weeks.  Successfully.

The video is similar but not the same as my experience.  Not to feed the conspiracies, the Tiffie did some things that I don't recognize as a spin recovery, though he appeared to spin after the first 'snapping' event.   

Since a snap roll is a legitimate defensive maneuver in some instances, it needs to be controlled.  This looked like stick stirring to me.

Just my opinion.

:salute
George "Ratsy" Preddy
328th FS - 352nd FG
Died December 25th, 1944, Near Liege - Ardennes

Operating with the Arabian Knights - callsign AKRaider

Offline Rebel28

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
My, it would be nice if it was a planed Defensive Maneuver but sorry to say it is just bad flying. I have performed this 3 times so far, first was in a P-51, second was in a P-47, and the third was last night in a SpitIV. It happens by pulling a tight turn riding too long on the stall warning and going into an uncontrollable spin. Each time managed to pull out of spin by nose down opposite rudder only to be quickly shot down after.

I shall call it the ROCK MANEUVER……
4th Fighter Group
~ The Gunslingers ~

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2016, 11:57:47 AM »
Snapstalling was many times 190A's at high alt's only way of escaping lower wingloaded planes 1944 onwards.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »
Snapstalls are for kites, not airplanes.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2016, 12:26:16 PM »
Perfectly legitamate defensive manoeuvres with no more lag than with anything else. He's snap rolling to compensate for a poor roll rate is all.

Agreed, but I can also see the OPs point.  The visual representation is rather odd and jumpy, at least compared to some other sims I fly. 

I've also seen a few instances in AHIII where aircraft movement seemed odd.  These have been isolated and unfortunately occurred when I was not recording, so I have not yet reported a bug. Once I catch one I'll be sure to send it off.

I'm sure HTC will fix eventually.  AHIII is a new engine and I'm sure there are still plenty of rough edges left to iron out.   Patience is the key.  :)

FYI - I don't think I've ever tried to snap roll a Typhoon before.  I think I'll put that on my To Do list for the weekend.    :aok

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2016, 01:10:48 PM »
Agreed, but I can also see the OPs point.  The visual representation is rather odd and jumpy, at least compared to some other sims I fly. 

I've also seen a few instances in AHIII where aircraft movement seemed odd.

I can't comment about the AHIII flight modelling. My understanding was there were no changes. Perhaps accidental changes. Only HTC can investigate, but I've seen this sort of thing in AHII from time to time.

not being enough positional updates to accurately recreate the maneuver and the interpolation logic fails.

Probably the best explanation for the repeated flipping weirdness.

Snapstalls are for kites, not airplanes.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2016, 01:15:43 PM »
I can't comment about the AHIII flight modelling. My understanding was there were no changes. Perhaps accidental changes. Only HTC can investigate, but I've seen this sort of thing in AHII from time to time.

Probably the best explanation for the repeated flipping weirdness.

(Image removed from quote.)

Don't confuse what you see the other guys do with flight modeling. Net lag and intermittentcy can do strange things.

HiTech

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2016, 01:20:03 PM »
Don't confuse what you see the other guys do with flight modeling. Net lag and intermittentcy can do strange things.

Yup I know. The flight modelling didn't change in AHIII, just something to do with the engine?

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed freaks" - Zack1234

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2016, 01:24:16 PM »
Yup I know. The flight modelling didn't change in AHIII, just something to do with the engine?

The ONLY flight model change (THAT INCLUDES ENGINES)  in anything was the web bug fix. I.E. there was not supposed to be infinite # of wep cycles on all planes.

HiTech