Author Topic: my niece is talkin to recruiters....  (Read 1269 times)

Offline betty

• Gold Member
my niece is talkin to recruiters....
« on: July 16, 2008, 03:51:24 PM »
she had the army recruiter there today, she will be having the national guard ppl there tomorrow and other recruiters the rest of the week for USMC and Navy. now....i know we have alot of military ppl here..so i need your opinion to which would be a better pick for her. she is very much unsure of what or where she will go however she asked my opinion and i told her i needed to ask around. so can yall give me a opinion as well as a good reason that way i can tell her????

plz no slamming on this thread i'm serious that my niece needs this. she graduates from high school this year so she wants to make a decision. i know recruiters will talk up everything.....so i'm not trusting them all and she really needs help deciding. shes a great girl and has a good head on her shoulders. i'm proud of her and will stand by her no matter what she does.
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Re: my niece is talkin to recruiters....
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 03:54:40 PM »
Doesn't matter which she picks, they will all ship her off to the same place (Afghanistan).

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 03:56:42 PM »
Doesn't matter which she picks, they will all ship her off to the same place (Afghanistan).

Even the Coast Guard?

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 04:06:32 PM »
Hey Betty I would advise her to go Guard. She more then likely will get shipped over no matter what branch she chooses. I was able to get out 3 months before my unit got shipped. I would've went active army, but things in my life changed which sort of made up my mind on what I was gonna do with my military career. I do regret not making a career out of if. Anyways if she goes guard she can get a taste of military life, and can decide from there what she wants to do. Just let her know that there is always the possibility she could be sent over. Also what kind of MOS (job) does she want to do. That has alot to do with what branch she chooses. <S> to ur niece and to u I guess lol.
Ingame ID: Cajon

"SlapShot
There is no shame in putting up a good fight and dieing."
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 04:11:35 PM »
Hey Betty I would advise her to go Guard. She more then likely will get shipped over no matter what branch she chooses. I was able to get out 3 months before my unit got shipped. I would've went active army, but things in my life changed which sort of made up my mind on what I was gonna do with my military career. I do regret not making a career out of if. Anyways if she goes guard she can get a taste of military life, and can decide from there what she wants to do. Just let her know that there is always the possibility she could be sent over. Also what kind of MOS (job) does she want to do. That has alot to do with what branch she chooses. <S> to ur niece and to u I guess lol.

she doesn't mind the thought of being sent anywhere, she just wants to matter. she has 2 boyfriends, 1 is in the marines and one is in the national guard, shes knows there is a good chance of her being sent over to iraq or where ever but still she wants to make this a career. she's not wanting in it just to leave after a few years. she wants to be a lifer. she's more worried about what would be the best move for her as far as having a good future, job, income whatever. she wants to have a good life. so that is more of the help she needs on which would be the best choice as far as who offers a better future i guess.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:16:13 PM by betty »
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 04:20:23 PM »
Ok being that she wants to make it a carrer have her forget about the guard. Like I said I think alot of it has to do with what MOS she wants. My father in law is retired Air Force and being that he got bored after retiring he was able to be a contractor to the Air Force. I hear that they are pretty much the only ones who offer job's after u finish your carrer. Srry couldn't be much help <S>.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 04:22:02 PM by LCCajun »

"SlapShot
"You never know how strong you are til being strong is the only choice you have" Unknown author

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 04:23:05 PM »
Ok being that she wants to make it a carrer have her forget about the guard. Like I said I think alot of it has to do with what MOS she wants. My father in law is retired Air Force and being that he got bored after retiring he was able to be a contractor to the Air Force. I hear that they are pretty much the only ones who offer job's after u finish your carrer. Srry couldn't be much help <S>.

i told her cuz she's short to go for a fighter pilot...her mom of course didnt like that idea but hey! maybe she could give me a ride :)

she luvs to fly....it was just a thought ;)
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

Offline Whitten

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 04:45:06 PM »
If she wants to be a pilot but doesn't meet the height requirements, she should at least look into getting a waiver. It may not be possible, but it couldn't hurt to find out first. Also, the Air Force offers plenty of flying jobs if she really wants to fly. Such as Boom Operator, Load Master, Flight Engineer, and etc. for enlistees as well as Pilot, Navigator, and ABM for officers  :salute
Game ID: Jennifer
MA Squad: ~~~FATE~~~

Offline Angrist

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 04:49:45 PM »
Airforce....if I had it to do over again, it would be the direction I chose.

Offline LCCajun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 04:59:53 PM »
Well Betty I think most of us would like to see her go Air Force, but in the end it is her decision. I hope we have helped. <S> and tell ur niece ty.

"SlapShot

Offline angelsandair

• Gold Member
      • RT Website
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 05:03:47 PM »
she had the army recruiter there today, she will be having the national guard ppl there tomorrow and other recruiters the rest of the week for USMC and Navy. now....i know we have alot of military ppl here..so i need your opinion to which would be a better pick for her. she is very much unsure of what or where she will go however she asked my opinion and i told her i needed to ask around. so can yall give me a opinion as well as a good reason that way i can tell her????

plz no slamming on this thread i'm serious that my niece needs this. she graduates from high school this year so she wants to make a decision. i know recruiters will talk up everything.....so i'm not trusting them all and she really needs help deciding. shes a great girl and has a good head on her shoulders. i'm proud of her and will stand by her no matter what she does.

I'd suggest that she try to get a ROTC scholarship with any branch of service (I'd suggest Marine or Navy) so when she's actually in the service, she's an officer. I'd suggest the Marines and doing this because in the long run, it'll be better for her than just joining right now.

That's what I'm gonna do when I'm out of high-school.  :aok
Goto Google and type in "French military victories", then hit "I'm feeling lucky".
Here lie these men on this sun scoured atoll,
The wind for their watcher, the wave for their shroud,
Where palm and pandanus shall whisper forever,
A requiem fitting for heroes

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2008, 05:06:28 PM »
I was in the Navy. In most cases your not in direct contact, and or fighting, but your still helping out. I was on board the USS Eisenhower, a nuclear carrier out of Virginia. 3 years prowling the sea. Did two Med tours, and spent time off the coast of Iran (during the hostage stuff). Probably the safest from enemy attack, not that working on a ship is the safest thing in the world either, but I was pretty sure the only time I might get shot or blown up was while drinking in port. Schooling's great, and you get to see the world ( I did make it all the way around in one 4 month period :)  )

Offline NOT

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »
2 words......AIR FORCE :aok

NOT

AKNOT

VWE

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2008, 05:41:45 PM »
I started my military career in the Navy but switched to the Army back in 2002, I'm an electronics techy. What does your niece like to do? PM me if you would like and I'll give you my email or cell phone number if you'd like to bounce questions off of me.

Offline apcampbell

• Copper Member
      • http://
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2008, 05:44:27 PM »
Definately Navy or Air Force. However, even these two services are sending people to Iraq and Afghantistan. I've been in the Navy for 16 years now, and made 6 deployments to the Persian Gulf; one of those was in country guarding detainees for a full year. Working right along with us were Army National Guard MP Companies and Air Force Security Squadrons. Our Navy unit was a 400+ Battalion.

However the desision is ultimately up to her. The Air Force has a much better quality of life than the Navy, however, the Navy get more travel than any of the other services.
"Navy061"
http://www.slybirds.com
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. -Douglas Adams