Author Topic: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS  (Read 9268 times)

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
Re: How about cutting HTC a break on the BBS
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 09:31:25 AM »
Statements like this always make me think of a Bill Cosby line from his old stand up routine "Let the beatings commence".

Go read this thread,

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,361494.0.html

And see how well a response to the OP worked out, he is still screaming just like he did before I gave him a response.

Now do you think a response to you is going to work out well?

The point is many time we are damned if we do damned if we don't, many times we choose to say nothing because it is the less of 2 evils

HiTech

Thanks for the clarification on this matter.

Will leave you in peace from my side of the screen

Thanks for all the hard work :salute
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2014, 09:32:10 AM »
well I know a little bit of cryptology. But this one is kinda weak. Sounds almost like....dare I say....blackmail? .

Too childish to be taken seriously. Too chickenchit to be straightforward. TCTBTS TCTBS   :D

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:54 AM »
Edited as comment quoted caught a rule4
That's cool if you don't accept it but spamming the issue all over the threads probably isn't the brightest of ideas at this time. I really find it hard to believe their was never a response to this topic that has been popping up for so long. Even if it was 'cuz its my game' or something like that  just deal with it. I have played late night and yes there can be dull periods but  I always , always managed to find a fight. DId I pick the guys that upped right over the end of the runway? Nope I let them get alt so we had a good fight which made them come back as they were also looking for a fight  not to get pick .024 nanoseconds after their gear was up.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 09:38:09 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 09:44:43 AM »
Too childish to be taken seriously. Too chickenchit to be straightforward. TCTBTS TCTBS   :D

Are you referring to me or the Muppets?
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 09:47:29 AM »
Statements like this always make me think of a Bill Cosby line from his old stand up routine "Let the beatings commence".

Go read this thread,

And see how well a response to the OP worked out, he is still screaming just like he did before I gave him a response.

The point is many time we are damned if we do damned if we don't, many times we choose to say nothing because it is the less of 2 evils

HiTech

With apologies to Mr. Geezer, that was a stupid topic to begin with.  I read a couple lines into it and just stopped.  I knew it wasn't worth reading.  

You don't have to respond to every retarded question people ask.  You don't have to say very much at all.  Most of your subscribers know you have better things to do, but ignoring a reoccurring subject simply because you don't feel like messing with it defeats the purpose of having this BBS in the first place.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2014, 09:50:06 AM »

Go read this thread,

HiTech
+1 HT

We need you to be focused on coading, not wack-a-mole on the forums.  How about players discuss real issues... like Bieber. Or ammo loadouts on the P-47 and Fw-190? :D

"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2014, 09:59:30 AM »
Are you referring to me or the Muppets?

Not at all. I consider some friends and respect yet more. I was referring to the 'super secret made up bs.'   ;)

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2014, 10:06:04 AM »

Go read this thread,

HiTech
Ty HT ,can you point me to your answer on the 12 hour rule also please?
Because in that threads case i have to agree with Triton.
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2014, 10:17:31 AM »
Ty HT ,can you point me to your answer on the 12 hour rule also please?
Because in that threads case i have to agree with Triton.

Seriously?  :old:

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2014, 10:23:13 AM »
Seriously?  :old:
No doubt. I'm beginning to think this is some organized effort put forth by a very vocal minority on these forums.

I like this one from Hitec :

« Reply #256 on: June 24, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »

The bbs is not for personal vendettas.

HiTech

Some should take heed. Why did I find that? I am taking MY time to look for a reply, and I don't eve think the 12 hour rule is that big of an issue with all the other things going on in the game. Others obviously don't agree with me but that's ok, but they are rally starting to take up waaayyy to much time of the guys at HTC, I think it's kinda selfish at this point to be taking so much time away when the guys could be working on updates and such that would please a much larger crowd that so far have remained silent.

HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2014, 10:27:11 AM »
Seriously?  :old:
Okay, can you point me to an answer then please?
Like them saying they will NOT change this rule and why?
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2014, 10:30:07 AM »
It's safe to say that HTC is aware of the side switch time demands/complaints/suggestions, which have overtaken the general discussion forum of late. Each time Hitech or Skuzzy have to deal with a distraction on the BBS, less work is applied to the game re-write. I for one would like to see the game progress continue unfettered. Can we just leave the drama behind and let these folks do their' work?
I think the most vociferous proponents of changing the side switch time would argue that (a relatively easy short term fix of) reducing the side switch time would have a more positive effect on subscription numbers and current player satisfaction, than any sort of long-term eye-candy upgrade would have.  The tried-and-true cost / benefit analysis principle at play here.

My fear is that this whole thing has devolved into a piss'n contest.    On the one hand you have (it would appear) a vocal majority of vets with the mindset of "this is a no brainer that should have been changed a long time ago" mixed in with the paying customer is always right mentality....  versus Hitech, feeling the masses are attempting to bully him into making this change..... which I suspect would have the net effect of stiffening his resolve to make whatever changes on his timetable... and not before.  

I've always heard that you get more with sugar than you do with vinegar.....  My fear is that the vinegar approach employed by the masses.... Will have the net effect of having Hitech cut off his nose to spite his face.  
Yes Hitech, this is your game and there is no doubt that you are the boss....  please, at least show your supporters and paying customers that you hear our concern, acknowledge there's a problem, and assure us it will be addressed.....  We may not like how it's addressed.....  But that would be better than feeling ignored.  

Thank you for a wonderful game that provides plenty of enjoyment.......  That we ALL want to see..... succeed....and be around for a long, long time.  

:salute Nishizawa

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2014, 10:32:10 AM »
I think the most vociferous proponents of changing the side switch time would argue that (a relatively easy short term fix of) reducing the side switch time would have a more positive effect on subscription numbers and current player satisfaction, than any sort of long-term eye-candy upgrade would have.  The tried-and-true cost / benefit analysis principle at play here.

My fear is that this whole thing has devolved into a piss'n contest.    On the one hand you have (it would appear) a vocal majority of vets with the mindset of "this is a no brainer that should have been changed a long time ago" mixed in with the paying customer is always right mentality....  versus Hitech, feeling the masses are attempting to bully him into making this change..... which I suspect would have the net effect of stiffening his resolve to make whatever changes on his timetable... and not before.  

I've always heard that you get more with sugar than you do with vinegar.....  My fear is that the vinegar approach employed by the masses.... Will have the net effect of having Hitech cut off his nose to spite his face.  
Yes Hitech, this is your game and there is no doubt that you are the boss....  please, at least show your supporters and paying customers that you hear our concern, acknowledge there's a problem, and assure us it will be addressed.....  We may not like how it's addressed.....  But that would be better than feeling ignored.  

Thank you for a wonderful game that provides plenty of enjoyment.......  That we ALL want to see..... succeed....and be around for a long, long time.  

:salute Nishizawa
We tried sugar,its not working.I canceled my account 1 week ago,i wont be coming back till this place gets more player friendly.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »
We tried sugar,its not working.I canceled my account 1 week ago,i wont be coming back till this place gets more player friendly.

A-gain. Seriously?  :headscratch:

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2014, 10:39:10 AM »