Author Topic: Thoughts on missions  (Read 4720 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Thoughts on missions
« on: July 27, 2014, 11:25:09 AM »
Puma started a topic thanking ET on running some missions last night here...http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,364702.0.html

I posted my thoughts on the missions I was in and was wondering what others think of missions and mission types.

I'm not here to "bash" Earl or anyone for that matter on how they run their missions. Earls a great guy and I appreciate ANYONE who runs missions in any form as I know how tough it is to do well, but I would like to see if there are any others that think the missions should be more involved, or is the smash and grab type all any one really wants.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Thoughts on missions
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2014, 11:43:24 AM »
Fighter Sweeps in defence of bases.

I always see "take" missions... But never any calling for defending front line fields.

:salute

:airplane:~<Dahmer

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2014, 11:48:15 AM »
My .02

Smash n grabs (generally) offer quick action and instant gratification. What more is there to say?

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2014, 11:51:53 AM »
Defense missions would take too long  :lol

By the time you get enough people to defend the town is WF and troops in the air or on the ground.

I usually don't join missions or bother too much with missions. I used to have a blast running missions and joining them, now its just like eh.
Top Gun

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2014, 12:14:42 PM »
Smash and grab?.

You mean Hording :old:

MIssions are put together by Alpha males for no other reason than to be the big man

Jayro says meet on SE in 3 minutes in what ever you like which is how it should done :)

It is anoying when people complain because we lose a base when they are on other side of the map sat in the tower :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Canspec

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2014, 12:35:11 PM »
Zack smells funny........ :old:
Gnat
The Kommando for FSO
AoM
Der Wander Zirkus
GFC

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2014, 12:57:07 PM »
Its the mushrooms :old:

The GFC

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2014, 01:28:38 PM »
Smash and grab?.

MIssions are put together by Alpha males for no other reason than to be the big man

Jayro says meet on SE in 3 minutes in what ever you like which is how it should done :)

It is anoying when people complain because we lose a base when they are on other side of the map sat in the tower :old:

Jayro's "heavy strike" hordies are only low altitude bait to serve up easy kills for his perked Corsair. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2014, 01:37:40 PM »
Smash and grab?.

No.. That is hordeing.  a mission is a well planed attempt at a specific target with a specific goal. When I was with the Jokers we would routinely run missions. 5-6 of us could easily smash and grab bases all day.  Our bomber would come in medium alt, followed by our Jabos and M3 or goon. 1 set of lancs would WF the town, Jaybos would drop FH's then proceed to deack town. by then troops are already running.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 01:39:16 PM »

Jayro's "heavy strike" hordies are only low altitude bait to serve up easy kills for his perked Corsair. 

:aok  + 1
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2014, 01:42:31 PM »
Jokers only horde :old:

At at empty base :old:

Always :old:

The GFC

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2014, 02:21:53 PM »

+1
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Kodiak

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2014, 02:35:53 PM »
ET's missions are the best thing going in the MA, and he would do more if he could.  ET (like others we have in AH) is an ex-military pilot and can add as much structure to missions as can be digested by the players.  Several years ago ET was trying to add more structure and discipline to his missions and many players chaffed.  So ET backed off and does the best he can with his all volunteer forces.

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2014, 02:37:07 PM »
  my base take missions have a 100 % success rate  :D

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »
BnZ,

Would you accept a compromise?  Instead of AI pilots in formation, employ a "new" function of the "Pickup Missions" planner.  Setup formations, waypoints, and target objectives (example:  AMB {ammo bunker} 0, 1 and 2; Field 86 ). 

Your formation (of 3 online pilots in the above example) will take off and fly to the designated field.  A score for each pilot will be given (either in perk points, system message or achievement announcement) upon successfully landing ........ {snip}

This was in a discussion from BnZ, about use of AI as wingmen like with bombers available for fighters as well.  I don't agree with allowing fighters drones in the MA, but if you follow, my suggested objective is to give rewards to players for utilizing the Mission Planner, based on task assignment and achievement.  With some tweaking, adding fighter sweeps could be coaded with task assignment being, damage aircraft that originated from a certain field.