Author Topic: PRODUCTION NUMBERS VS IMPACT ON THE WAR, DO THEY DESERVE TO BE IN GAME?  (Read 1984 times)

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
Re: PRODUCTION NUMBERS VS IMPACT ON THE WAR, DO THEY DESERVE TO BE IN GAME?
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 03:15:50 PM »
If you take away peoples laming rides, they whine and piss and moan and quit and go play something else.

People say "Go to the DA!" or "Go to the AVA!"  the problem is, the DA is a cesspool half the time... it's like if the Lord of the Flies community was left to its own devices for 40 years and you then happen upon it.

The AVA is a ghost town.

Then you have Early War and Mid-War... Early war is for 2 kinds of people:

1.  People trying to game and/or pad scores
2.  Weirdos

Mid-War is for 3 kinds of people:

2.  Weirdos
3.  People who want to fly in the MA but the MA is down

So in the end, everyone comes back to the MA because that's where all the people are.  

And everyone can be all like:

About the Bronie hordes, and the Hair-dryers, and the mudwraslin GV drivers with the Electrolarynx 18-pack-a-day drunkin ranged spam, and the spam on 200 that simultaneously saps both the soul and ones overall cognitive reasoning abilities...

But in the end, nothing major is going to change... your only options are:

Denial

- Just up from another base, try the aforementioned weirdo arenas, maybe switch squads or countries... try shading for awhile

Anger

- Start a goat rodeo on General (go ahead and check that box in this case) in an attempt to fire up your base in a grass roots movement to get things changed.  

Bargaining

- Come up with a well-reasoned treatise and present it on the wishlist where it will be violently savaged.  If you can get HiTech to comment, you get extra points.  (If you can get HiTech to send you a cease and desist PM, it's like a hidden achievement)

Depression

(This one is kind of a fork, but they each lead to the same place)

Option A: Become an absolute trainwreck... embarrass yourself, destroy your reputation, get chatbanned in game.  A forum PNG is the "boss-level fight" for this option.

Option B: Become sullen and withdrawn.  Continue to squeak about things, but only passive-aggressively.  Become absurdly good at Aces, especially in one specific ride.  Be so good in that ride that even though everyone knows you're a butt-hole, they only actualy say "Man, he's an awesome 38 driver!" (or whatever plane... as long as it's a 38 or something German... MAYBE a P-47, but only if you're especially butt-holish)

Option C: Go play something else.  Once you start having retarded dreams about dropping torpedos on a task force and surviving, that's your cue that it's time to come back.

Acceptance

- Stop caring, play the game, and violently savage posts by those in the Anger/Bargaining phases.

- Make big plans to create a map for the MA.  Download all the stuff for it.  Realize exactly what you've gotten yourself into.  Stop.

-  Possibly consider becoming a CM.  Read a few PMs that CMs are treated to.  Reconsider.

-  Drink more, fly early/midwar rides in the MA.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:19:08 PM by tunnelrat »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »
So if everyone in the arena flew N1K's and Spit16's and LA7's . . . that would be fun?

Personally, I'd rather fight against these planes than running temps, 190Ds, and p51s, but that is just me.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline rvflyer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 04:26:30 PM »
So tunnelrat what is YOUR definition of weirdo's? I have found that MW has some really great nice and friendly people playing there regardless of what chess piece they support.  :furious

If you take away peoples laming rides, they whine and piss and moan and quit and go play something else.

People say "Go to the DA!" or "Go to the AVA!"  the problem is, the DA is a cesspool half the time... it's like if the Lord of the Flies community was left to its own devices for 40 years and you then happen upon it.

The AVA is a ghost town.

Then you have Early War and Mid-War... Early war is for 2 kinds of people:

2.  Weirdos

Mid-War is for 3 kinds of people:

2.  Weirdos
3.  People who want to fly in the MA but the MA is down

So in the end, everyone comes back to the MA because that's where all the people are.  

And everyone can be all like:

(Image removed from quote.)

About the Bronie hordes, and the Hair-dryers, and the mudwraslin GV drivers with the Electrolarynx 18-pack-a-day drunkin ranged spam, and the spam on 200 that simultaneously saps both the soul and ones overall cognitive reasoning abilities...

But in the end, nothing major is going to change... your only options are:

Denial

- Just up from another base, try the aforementioned weirdo arenas, maybe switch squads or countries... try shading for awhile

Anger

- Start a goat rodeo on General (go ahead and check that box in this case) in an attempt to fire up your base in a grass roots movement to get things changed.  

Bargaining

- Come up with a well-reasoned treatise and present it on the wishlist where it will be violently savaged.  If you can get HiTech to comment, you get extra points.  (If you can get HiTech to send you a cease and desist PM, it's like a hidden achievement)

Depression

(This one is kind of a fork, but they each lead to the same place)

Option A: Become an absolute trainwreck... embarrass yourself, destroy your reputation, get chatbanned in game.  A forum PNG is the "boss-level fight" for this option.

Option B: Become sullen and withdrawn.  Continue to squeak about things, but only passive-aggressively.  Become absurdly good at Aces, especially in one specific ride.  Be so good in that ride that even though everyone knows you're a butt-hole, they only actualy say "Man, he's an awesome 38 driver!" (or whatever plane... as long as it's a 38 or something German... MAYBE a P-47, but only if you're especially butt-holish)

Option C: Go play something else.  Once you start having retarded dreams about dropping torpedos on a task force and surviving, that's your cue that it's time to come back.

Acceptance

- Stop caring, play the game, and violently savage posts by those in the Anger/Bargaining phases.

- Make big plans to create a map for the MA.  Download all the stuff for it.  Realize exactly what you've gotten yourself into.  Stop.

-  Possibly consider becoming a CM.  Read a few PMs that CMs are treated to.  Reconsider.

-  Drink more, fly early/midwar rides in the MA.

Tour 70 2005 to present

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2014, 04:48:52 PM »
Tunnelrat, (which is really just a Mole), that's oneof the finest posts I have ever read.  thank you sir, made my day, and from hence forward I will feel guilty when I gleefully blow you out of the sky.  :salute
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2014, 05:40:19 PM »
Hey, TR .....

Squad night is ... well,well .... Hump Daaaaaay! Currently Rook but that may be subject to change with numbers. We fly FSO (Friday Squad Ops) religiously with an average of 17 planes a frame (we fly all sorts or aircraft there but it's extra special if blue planes are features - extra extra special if they have bent wings).

But we've even flown the I-16 in the FSO.

We play scenarios (especially the ones that feature Corsairs). We like the Corsair. A Lot. We like carrier ops. We've been known to booze it up a bit when we're together.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2014, 06:04:08 PM »
So tunnelrat what is YOUR definition of weirdo's? I have found that MW has some really great nice and friendly people playing there regardless of what chess piece they support.  :furious

I mean weirdo in the best way possible.

I just flew ENY 35 and 40 birds off the CV against the waves of latewar apex predators... so many players in this game that have been around forever, you'd think they would branch out some.... but whatever floats your boat I guess...
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Tumor

• Platinum Member
      • Wait For It
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
Want balance?.... too many perks = hangar queens only
"Dogfighting is useless"  :Erich Hartmann

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »
Tunnelrat, (which is really just a Mole), that's oneof the finest posts I have ever read.  thank you sir, made my day, and from hence forward I will feel guilty when I gleefully blow you out of the sky.  :salute

+1  :rofl

:aok
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2014, 07:37:22 PM »
Arlo, your Doxy's are like Aces High.

Everyone wants one, and keeps trying in the face of logic or reality, without wanting to invest any time into changing themselves to be attractive to them. And all cheer on queue for the few who regularly win their attentions but, secretly hope a bus hits them while on the way to their next date.

Aces High, either you are one of the few getting some, or the many dreaming about buses.

Personally I prefer short buses. They are more maneuverable.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2014, 10:17:07 PM »
 :noid
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 22, 2014, 11:28:47 PM »
The P47M is a Beast! Unfortunately for it the game is mostly played at altitudes where it doesnt shine "as much". Its still a Beast!

I understand and respect the purists who always want niche and early aircraft, I really do. As a History Buff I understand the importance many of these airframes had. I even enjoy flying many of them.

But I think the game would have lost far fewer players had it a more relaxed criteria of inclusion.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2014, 06:54:00 AM »
Arlo, your Doxy's are like Aces High.

Everyone wants one, and keeps trying in the face of logic or reality, without wanting to invest any time into changing themselves to be attractive to them. And all cheer on queue for the few who regularly win their attentions but, secretly hope a bus hits them while on the way to their next date.

Aces High, either you are one of the few getting some, or the many dreaming about buses.

Personally I prefer short buses. They are more maneuverable.

:lol

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2014, 07:02:18 AM »
I have thought adding production numbers to a plane balance system would help.  Its a shame the OP choose all caps to bring up a good discussion.

It would be interesting to have a historical production numbers plane balance system but perking isn't it in my opinion.  Any player should have access to a 262 as an example but say you get only one 262 per tour.  Crash it, damage it, or get killed and it is gone.  Same thing on the P47M, 152 and so on.  You might get say 150 P51s and 200 P38ls per tour.  I made these numbers up as a WAG example only.

Missions might offer an exception by not counting against your personal hanger but still have a balance restriction like having only one P47M per mission.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2014, 07:19:58 AM »
The P47M is a Beast!
I agree...

The only reason I fly it is so I can run down timid Pee-51's and Run-90's....  Once I scare them to the deck or back to their base, I am free to hunt the bombers :)

I don't agree with the OP's idea... 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2014, 08:14:56 AM »
P47M is a beast...but not a perkable one IMO.  Fine plane and in the hands of an experienced cartoon pilot quite deadly but not a potential game changer when it shows up to a fight.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.