Author Topic: Looking forward to AH III and other flight sim stuff!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
Looking forward to AH III and other flight sim stuff!
« on: August 02, 2016, 06:37:23 AM »
Despite the seemingly pessimistic but good intentioned post or two, I have enjoyed flying the beta for the past several weeks and plan to subscribe once AHIII is released.  It is a long overdue update to a classic, but good things come to those who wait.   I look forward to shooting everyone down in my Emil.   :rofl  ;)

I'm also excited about the pending release of the Team Fusion 5.0 patch for IL-2 Cliffs of Dover.  If you've not tried CLoD, you are missing out on some fun.  CLoD isn't perfect, but it has come a long way from the old days when it was released in a unfinished state. The Team Fusion team has done a terrific job bringing it together.  I'm especially looking forward to the new theater:

Add in the new stuff for DCS like the F5E and my growing love/hate relationship with BoS, the next few months will be like Christmas.   :aok

If anyone wants to give CLoD a go and would like some help getting started, PM me here or on the ATAG forums.  It won't replace your love for AH, but I personally find it fun and I am happy to help. 
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 07:21:04 AM by Invictus84 »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: Looking forward to AH III and other flight sim stuff!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »
This belongs in the o'club...

No one here wants an add or whatever the hell that imbed is (not clicking on it to give it more clicks) for a different games....this is the ACES HIGH Bulletin Board...not Il2, not war blunder, not RoF or any others....

Perhaps you should subscribe now and play AHII with us or go to the other game's forums and tell them about AH...

Did you even play AHII?

How long did you play AHII?
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2016, 09:42:15 AM »
I have Cliffs of Dover with team fusion patches and ROF.

I am trying to find time to set up Hotas for CLOD.

:)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2016, 09:45:58 AM »
What Puller said, +1.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2016, 10:21:34 AM »
Apologies for putting this in the wrong forum subgroup.  My post was early before my morning coffee.  :frown:

I do not currently play AH II, nor plan to do so.  As I said, I like what I see with AH III and plan to subscribe once it is released. 

I do indeed tell others about AH II and the beta.  I've had a few try the beta and some did like it, others not so much.  I suppose it is an acquired taste. 

Why are you so hostile towards other games?  Other flight sim forums have postings about other games, why is AH any different?  Let me ask you, do YOU post about AH in other forums?  If you are so concerned about getting new players, what are you doing to pull them in?  Stop being so insular and you might find you can pull in new subscribers.  If anything, your overreaction to a simple mistake can be very off-putting to a new subscriber.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:32:26 AM by Invictus84 »

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 10:23:04 AM »

I am trying to find time to set up Hotas for CLOD.

:)

It's not so hard.  The setup isn't the worst, but isn't the best either.  Let me know if I can help. :)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 11:21:28 AM »
Apologies for putting this in the wrong forum subgroup.  My post was early before my morning coffee.  :frown:

I do not currently play AH II, nor plan to do so.  As I said, I like what I see with AH III and plan to subscribe once it is released. 

I do indeed tell others about AH II and the beta.  I've had a few try the beta and some did like it, others not so much.  I suppose it is an acquired taste. 

Why are you so hostile towards other games?  Other flight sim forums have postings about other games, why is AH any different?  Let me ask you, do YOU post about AH in other forums?  If you are so concerned about getting new players, what are you doing to pull them in?  Stop being so insular and you might find you can pull in new subscribers.  If anything, your overreaction to a simple mistake can be very off-putting to a new subscriber.
Agreed
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 11:34:09 AM »
It's not so hard.  The setup isn't the worst, but isn't the best either.  Let me know if I can help. :)

Cheers :)

I have set it up before just need to find the time.

Pipz is also trying CLOD with patches, I believe Klingan plays CLOD.

People don't like other flight sims in AH because we're are all really really really awesome.

Pipz is Canadian and lives in the wilderness near Ontario :)

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 11:46:11 AM »
Cheers :)

I have set it up before just need to find the time.

Pipz is also trying CLOD with patches, I believe Klingan plays CLOD.

People don't like other flight sims in AH because we're are all really really really awesome.

Pipz is Canadian and lives in the wilderness near Ontario :)

Hahahahahah!  Fair enough! 

:salute and Good Hunting (unless you are on my six)   :aok

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 12:12:09 PM »
Hahahahahah!  Fair enough! 

:salute and Good Hunting (unless you are on my six)   :aok

Invictus, I clicked on your signature showing your youtube channel.  Maybe I did something wrong but I can't seem to find any Aces High Videos.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2016, 12:15:57 PM »
Invictus, I clicked on your signature showing your youtube channel.  Maybe I did something wrong but I can't seem to find any Aces High Videos.
I have talked to him before and he has not played AH in quite some time as I think he moved on due to the game play getting boring
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2016, 01:16:13 PM »

You are correct.  I've only been Twitch streaming and doing YouTube videos for about 2 years.  I left before that.

I've tried to stream the beta a few times but all I came up with is a black screen.  Looks like it is an issue with my OBS configuration.  I haven't had time to figure it out due to real life and such.

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 05:32:10 PM »
IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad is 100x better  :neener:

Offline Invictus84

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 06:49:57 PM »
IL-2: Battle of Stalingrad is 100x better  :neener:

Sacrilege!   :D

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2016, 10:46:23 PM »
So how do all these games work, anyway?

Are they Axis v. Allies?
Limited plane set?
Any one have my beloved Hog?
Is there a persistent world to capture bases or what is kind of the point of each sortie (aside from shooting down bad guys)?
How do the view systems work?  Can you use a hat switch easily?  I have a full CH set up but no trackir or vr or any of that stuff.  I play on a laptop and don't have the USB ports for it (or likely power given I have a 980M and I think most vr needs something more than that).
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group