Author Topic: Coming clean  (Read 9488 times)

Offline Nash

• Plutonium Member
      • http://sbm.boomzoom.org/
Coming clean
« on: October 27, 2003, 10:55:48 PM »
Uh... literally... Why? I have no idea... I've always found BBS confessionals rather cheesy (and in the annals of the AH BBS there have been some real doozies)... But heck, to you its just gotta be entertaining - and I aim to please. This is prolly gonna suprise some folks (uhm.. waves at Sand - Hi buddy!  ;)  )... or, ****, maybe not so much.

Let's get it out of the way... I'm on my 2nd day of, and gosh I hate this word, sobriety...  or cleanness? Whatever. Started doing online flight sims in '96, and have flown straight maybe a few times at most. At most. Mostly, I have been totally, completely toejam-faced. Lemme tell ya the introduction of vox to flight sims sure didn't do much for my cover ("aarmgha seeyax!!   ah fuhhh...Ni!"). I don't know why I started, or how it got this bad. Er, maybe there's a clue somewhere in the clockwork-like repetition of it. God knows I love a good routine. In 7 years I have probably NOT gotten smashed less than 7 days.... and only because I probably had a cold on those days or something. Whew.... looks bad when I say it like that. But that's not all folks... not hardly....

For the last year I've been the proud owner of a (drumroll....) heroin addiction! Gee - that looks worse. Since Novemeber of last year. Long story short, I met the most amazing girl with (it turns out) the most insatiable appetite for IV drugs. I thought I'd give it a whirl, and here I am a year later freezing my arse off despite it having to be 80+ degrees in here... puke bucket beside the computer... Took me about 3 years to save 65 grand and I managed to blow it all in the last 6 months... Lemme be the 1st to say it's not all glamour. Hmm... Yeah, that's kinda the tip of the iceburg in the carnage of it. I wrecked a lot of stuff. Whewboy..

Whelp... detoxing is a biatch, I'm feeling pathetic, yet I can't help laughing my ARSE off as I type this. I hope it makes all your sad miserable lives seem okey-dokey! :aok

So kids - fer heaven's sake just say NO... thanks! Next stop: High on life! Lol... Wha? omg shiiat.... :rolleyes:

I love you all very very much.

Comments? Questions? SAVE 'EM! Hehe nah.... I've got nothing but time on my hands now....

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2003, 10:58:56 PM »
dude get to rehab!  helps withdrawal 100% and keeps you away from more junk.  I know of a good one in tx ;)  let me know if you want the number.

[edit] if ya need to talk let me know. I can call you or you can call me.  I hope you don't try and do this alone though. It's much more easier on you if you can get some help.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 11:01:54 PM by Udie »

Offline Dune

• Silver Member
      • http://www.352ndfightergroup.com/
Coming clean
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2003, 11:02:54 PM »
Good luck Nash.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2003, 11:04:40 PM »
Glad to hear you've started to fight it.  Seriously.  Best of luck.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2003, 11:13:21 PM »
Good luck and get well!

Offline Udie

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2003, 11:13:41 PM »
You can also get the number of a local AA or NA.  They have a 24 hour hotline in most if not all big cities.  You should be able to get the number right off the net.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Coming clean
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2003, 11:13:43 PM »
Suddenly withdrawing from alcohol alone can be serious and even life threatening. I suggest you get medical advice/assistance for both issues.

Good luck Nash

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Coming clean
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2003, 11:14:00 PM »
My best wishes are with you Nash.

Offline Dinger

• Silver Member
Coming clean
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2003, 11:29:06 PM »
Nash, you rockstar, hang in there.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2003, 11:35:51 PM »
Get some help Nash. Tough to kick something like that on your own. Best of luck to ya.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
Coming clean
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2003, 11:49:03 PM »
Just say no! - Nancy Reagan

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Coming clean
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2003, 12:11:01 AM »

Got to be trolling, eh?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline FUNKED1

• Platinum Member
      • http://soldatensender.blogspot.com/
Coming clean
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2003, 12:36:23 AM »
Originally posted by Udie
You can also get the number of a local AA or NA.  They have a 24 hour hotline in most if not all big cities.  You should be able to get the number right off the net.

Do that now.  Getting through detox is just the start.

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Coming clean
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2003, 12:48:08 AM »
the virtual world wishes you the best of luck, nash.

troll or no troll, i'm glad ya decided to step up to the plate.
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
Coming clean
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2003, 12:53:17 AM »
You should just cut back to weed and beer. These things take baby steps.