Author Topic: New Liberal Think-Tank established  (Read 3698 times)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
New Liberal Think-Tank established
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2003, 10:49:48 AM »
Originally posted by Mini D
Was a joke man.  was a joke.  I don't really think your bs is old and wrinkled.

MiniD

Awwwww... I feel all warm and fuzzy all of the sudden. C'mere and give us a big group hug.

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2003, 10:51:20 AM »
Originally posted by Sabre
Yeah, I'm still waiting too.  Until they do, this thread will continue to read like a Jerry Springer Show transcript, rather than a real debate over ideas.

You all are liberal experts... you keep calling everyone liberals..

Karist you all even call each other liberals.

So you ought to be well versed in the liberal diatribe to re-iterate it here.

I swear you all are worse then a bunch of women grabbing at the same bra at a clearance sell.

Why don't you make up your own list and post it... argue amongst your selves... get your selves riled up and horny about  hating liberals and then go find a hotel room to celebrate with one of your self congratulating "self abusing" conservative orgies.

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2003, 11:03:49 AM »
Libral Ideals (Gauntlet accepted)

1. Opportunity should be equalized for all. No one is less or more deserving of the benefits available in our system.
2. Women should have a right to choose to be an incubator or not.
3. No religion should have a precedence in our government or any of its institutions.
4. Freedom and rights should apply to all regardless of race, religion, national origin or sexual preference.
5. A democracy is measured by its protection of the minority, not its service to the majority. Hence part of our government's mandate should include those protections.
6. The environment is for everyone to enjoy and for us to protect. Future generations should not have to pay for our short term gain.
7. Any government intrusion or restriction of the personal liberties of a citizen must be questioned.

I'm sure there are more, but these will do for now.

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2003, 11:14:20 AM »
Originally posted by midnight Target
I think its obvious. They are so sure that Liberalism is a good thing that the issue has to be its lack of proper marketing.  

I think the great majority of folks in America are right leaning when it comes to fiscal policy and left leaning when it comes to social policy. I'd say I fall into this category.

The great majority? Fork over your numerical estimate....60-40...70-30....:)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2003, 11:24:05 AM »
mt...

1... equalized?   no...  everyone should be judged on ability not need.

2.....women should not be able to murder a self sustaining human anymore in the womb than they would if their child were say 2 or 30 years old.  

3....correct  allthough that does not mean that some religious morality should not take precedence over some political morality

4...  this is also correct... even white males should not be treated unfairly.   by the same token tho... it is ok to tell stevie wonder that he can't drive the bus.

5....  protection should be equal... even rthe rich the white and the males should get equal protection.  

6... if protecting the environment steps all over peoples rights then we better be damn sure that we really are "protecting" something and not just tree hugging.

7.... this is really the only guidline that we need.   the others are just detail.

lazs

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2003, 11:29:27 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
mt...

2.....women should not be able to murder a self sustaining human anymore in the womb than they would if their child were say 2 or 30 years old.  

lazs

So Laz, when you toss off do you feel guilty for killing millions of potential humans?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 11:34:01 AM by DmdNexus »

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2003, 11:30:41 AM »
Libral Ideals (Gauntlet accepted)
Ohhh.... goodie.
1. Opportunity should be equalized for all. No one is less or more deserving of the benefits available in our system.
This is not liberal.  Let me rephrase it for you:

1.  We will decide who is more or less deserving of benefits available in our system.
2. Women should have a right to choose to be an incubator or not.
But only men should be held responsible for it.
3. No religion should have a precedence in our government or any of its institutions.
Especially if it is a religion that we view as too conservative.  Oh... and please give money to the Dali Lama.
4. Freedom and rights should apply to all regardless of race, religion, national origin or sexual preference.
And you can only bring it up if you're not male, white, hetrosexual or christian.
5. A democracy is measured by its protection of the minority, not its service to the majority. Hence part of our government's mandate should include those protections.
Just make sure that the "minority" you are championing makes up a "majority" of the voters.
6. The environment is for everyone to enjoy and for us to protect. Future generations should not have to pay for our short term gain.
Unless republicans are in charge... then the government is for everyone to ridicule.  Future generations should accept that they'll just have to flip the bill for the additional programs we put in place today.
7. Any government intrusion or restriction of the personal liberties of a citizen must be questioned.
Unless it involves gun control.

MiniD

I'm sure there are more, but these will do for now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2003, 11:43:20 AM »
nexus... what part of "self sustaining human"  didn't yu understand?

I'm not against killing people in the least... think it's a good idea in a whole lot of cases but..... I think we better have a pretty good reason before we do it.
lazs

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2003, 12:00:41 PM »
Anyone unable to accept some compromise is an idiot. I agree with lazs on the self sustaining thing. 99.6% of legal abortions in this country don't fall into this category however.

So whats the deal mini? Can't find anything wrong with what I said so you need to rewrite it to make a point?

:aok

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #69 on: October 30, 2003, 12:14:57 PM »
I find it funny that the same fetus status that can legally be aborted can also get you a murder charge if you kill it.

What's the difference between kicking a pregnat woman in the stomach and killing a fetus or having a doctor kill it.

Which is it? Is it a life only when someone wants it to be considered a life ?

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #70 on: October 30, 2003, 01:01:19 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I'm not against killing people in the least... think it's a good idea in a whole lot of cases but..... I think we better have a pretty good reason before we do it.
lazs

A woman can take 3 birthcontrol pills the morning after having sex... and have a 99% chance of aborting a fertilized egg.

Is the next step to ban birth control pills?

And what if a young woman does get pregnant... and doesn't have a job... and can't support that child... and has to put that child up for adoption.... or worse doesn't and the child has to grow up impoverished, and learn how to survive by stealing and becoming a criminal, a gang member, or drug user/dealer.

What kind of life is that for that child?

And the mother - who may have had a future.. but through a poor  choice in judgement must suffer the rest of her life...

And what about the man? No penalty for men. except possibly child support.... what if he were a rapist?

I would like to see every one who is anti-abortion... adopt a teenage child.... a handicapped child.... or else STFU.

There are plenty of children alive today that need a home...
If you are a pro-lifer.. then to what you say you want others to do and go support a child who's already alive.

Is the solution for unwanted children.... to ban pre-marital sex?
Or ban sex between couples who don't earn a certain income?
Only the rich may have children?  (Gee that will make the Republicans happy... fewer minorities in the world!)

The right wing wants to ban abortion... yet why don't they want to educate children about sex, safe sex, and responsible sex?

Why do they insist on making laws to ban freedom of speach between doctors and patients about family planning?

The question is when does a part of a human body become independently human.. a sentient being.. is it conception? Is it the intent of the man and the woman...

according to the bible it is when the baby draws it's first breath... (even if it's born premature)... it's when it breaches the womb and draws it's first breath.

Genesis 2:7, when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

Anti-abortionist, especially, the religious ones, forget their own hipocracy because even God told the Jews to kill children of their enemies.

Numbers 31:17 Now therefore kill every male among the little ones.
Deuteronomy 2:34 utterly destroyed the men and the women and the little ones.
Deuteronomy 28:53 And thou shalt eat the fruit of thine own body, the flesh of thy sons and of thy daughters.
I Samuel 15:3 slay both man and woman, infant and suckling.
2 Kings 8:12 dash their children, and rip up their women with child.
2 Kings 15:16 all the women therein that were with child he ripped up.
Isaiah 13:16 Their children also shall be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses shall be spoiled and their wives ravished.
Isaiah 13:18 They shall have no pity on the fruit of the womb; their eyes shall not spare children.
Lamentations 2:20 Shall the women eat their fruit, and children.
Ezekiel 9:6 Slay utterly old and young, both maids and little children.
Hosea 9:14 give them a miscarrying womb and dry breasts.
Hosea 13:16 their infants shall be dashed in pieces, and their women with child shall be ripped up.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2003, 01:04:55 PM by DmdNexus »

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #71 on: October 30, 2003, 01:16:45 PM »
according to the bible it is when the baby draws it's first breath... (even if it's born premature)... it's when it breaches the womb and draws it's first breath.

Genesis 2:7, when God "breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul."

So why is Scott Peterson on trial for a double murder?

Offline DmdNexus

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 30, 2003, 01:32:05 PM »
Originally posted by NUKE
So why is Scott Peterson on trial for a double murder?

Don't ask me to explain why conservatives are screwed up.

Go ask a bible thumper

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
« Reply #73 on: October 30, 2003, 01:35:05 PM »
the conservatives put him on trial for double murder?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #74 on: October 30, 2003, 01:37:28 PM »
So whats the deal mini? Can't find anything wrong with what I said so you need to rewrite it to make a point?

:aok
Actually... couldn't find anything correct with what you said.  Though... I do agree they need to be re-written to actually make a point.

MiniD