Author Topic: I could have shot that Rook N1K2!  (Read 462 times)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
I could have shot that Rook N1K2!
« on: December 03, 2001, 10:36:00 AM »
Actually, thats exactly what I did. Ruined my goal of ending the tour with an overall 4.0 k/d.

Told myself, ok, last sortie. Pay attention to your SA but don't sandbag, be aggressive. I kill a spit and a P38. So far so good. Spot an La7. Easy kill by watching him a few seconds. Dive below his 6 and come up. Take off his left aileron then close for the kill. 186 yards, pull the trigger and...A fellow rook N1k2 zooms down in front of me. Blow my own arse clean off. Was actually a pretty good shot too  :)

And I can't wait for him (the n1k pilot) to say something about gangbanging a con again. Gonna show him the film  :D.

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2001, 10:43:00 AM »
I was there to hear your disappointment. Yup, that's tough. There was a lot of action around A5 last night, so I took to climbing after the buffs. I didn't feel like joing the conga lines all that much.  ;)

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2001, 11:09:00 AM »
"Conga lines."  LOL.  That's the best description of what mostly occurs that I've read yet!

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2001, 11:14:00 AM »
Hey Apache, send me the film will ya? I sort of collect killshooter films   :).

Will of course protect the names of everyone involved.

stclaus@stofanet.dk if you want to share it with me.

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: StSanta ]

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2001, 11:54:00 AM »
I gotta great film to Apache, its one of me in a A6M chasing a LA7 and you attempting to bounce it, falling behind he and i, missing your shots and yelling at me to "stay the hell outta your way"   :D

lol   :D

Quiet humerous that once you have engaged the enemy its automaticly "your kill", even though he was persude buy 2 other AC prior to the engagement.  :rolleyes:

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Am0n ]

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2001, 12:17:00 PM »
Originally posted by Am0n:
I gotta great film to Apache, its one of me in a A6M chasing a LA7 and you attempting to bounce it, falling behind he and i, missing your shots and yelling at me to "stay the hell outta your way"    :D

lol    :D

Quiet humerous that once you have engaged the enemy its automaticly "your kill", even though he was persude buy 2 other AC prior to the engagement.   :rolleyes:

[ 12-03-2001: Message edited by: Am0n ]

I will reserve comment until I have reviewed the film again this evening. If you had already engaged the La7, then I sincerely apologize. However, where the hell did ya go?  :D

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2001, 12:54:00 PM »
Im 100% sure i was engaged with him before you attacked. If you want to check it out i'll let you veiw my film.

I didnt realize at the time that you had even said anything to me, not until reviewing the film later did i note that you thought i cut you off.

BTW what do you mean buy "where did i go?"

Offline WarChild

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2001, 01:28:00 PM »
does new tour take scores from the 1st even if the page hasnt been reset?

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2001, 01:34:00 PM »
Kill stealers suck. And if they force a killshoot, much more  :)

Offline Mr Hanky

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2001, 01:36:00 PM »
The snapshot killshooter doesn't really bother me that much.  Its difficult to judge exactly where the enemy is/should be due to lag and other things.  I especially hate it when the friendly has tracers off and I can't tell if he's shooting or not.

The kill shooter scenario that I absolutely hate is when you have someone lined up for a 300 yard kill.. you are locked on his 6 and a friendly decides to HO him.  Why on earth would someone HO a plane with an enemy directly behind him?  Its a move I've seen all too fequently in the MA lately :(

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2001, 01:49:00 PM »
Im 100% sure i was engaged with him before you attacked. If you want to check it out i'll let you veiw my film.

I didnt realize at the time that you had even said anything to me, not until reviewing the film later did i note that you thought i cut you off.

BTW what do you mean buy "where did i go?"

No thanks, have my own film.

Ram, you calling me a kill stealer? Know this. I have never, ever knowingly stolen a kill from anyone. As stated, if I engaged this La7 after Am0n, then I owe him an apology, nothing more.

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2001, 02:12:00 PM »
I agree totaly with your concerns apache. I cannot stand it when i shoot someone down and theres some fool chasing him to the ground firing away, happens to often. Or in your case, what you feal i done to you.

The offering of my film was only so you can see it from my point of veiw. Besides it would also give you a good laugh to see me die instantly 3 seconds later to a sniper flak panzer  :)

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2001, 02:24:00 PM »
I agree totaly with your concerns apache. I cannot stand it when i shoot someone down and theres some fool chasing him to the ground firing away, happens to often. Or in your case, what you feal i done to you.

The offering of my film was only so you can see it from my point of veiw. Besides it would also give you a good laugh to see me die instantly 3 seconds later to a sniper flak panzer   :)

I understand completely Am0n. Thanks for the offer.

Hope you got the kill on the La7, BTW.

Offline Apache

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2001, 06:43:00 PM »
I throw myself to the court of public opinion. Here's the film.
 http://vmfapache.tripod.com/killsteal.zip

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2001, 07:28:00 PM »
What I saw was a P-47, closely followed by a Nikki, chasing an La-7. Your Spit IX is above and in a position to dive on the La-7. The 47 makes his pass, the La dodges. You have moved into the lead position now, arguably jumping in front of the Nikki in pursuit.

Now this is a little dicey. Had it only been the Nikki in pursuit the the La could have simply run away. Your Spit (with superior E) forced him to turn or die. From this point on there was nothing for him to do but to run back to the Flakpanzer, but your Spit was all over him. I can see shots landing and the moment is ripe. At this point the Nikki clearly positions itself in front of you for the shot, forcing you to kill yourself.

Judgement: toss-up. AmOn could argue he was chasing first (he was). You can argue the kill was all but yours (it was), but there is no denying he jumped in front of your plane.