Author Topic: Partial-Birth abortion, a civil discussion  (Read 3299 times)

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
Partial-Birth abortion, a civil discussion
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2003, 02:40:16 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
It's not so rediculous to the people losing their kids.

You do realize how pathtic this hijack is, right?

Six,

I'm not even gonna bother shooting this one up, pal.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.onpoi.net/ah/index.php
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2003, 02:40:37 PM »
You already did
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

(and I still say he wasn't trying to spell possum!)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2003, 02:42:50 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
Thanks, that's clearer... There's nothing wrong with it.

After reading more on the subject, I've changed my mind...the bill seems to rigid in its exception.  Change "life" to "health" and I'd support it.
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2003, 02:43:17 PM »
Six
No no it really is a pretty stupid thing to say. Bet your slimey ass, if you tried to make that analogy to a dad who just lost his son he would be pissed.

You are trivializing the death of American soldiers in a thread about later term abortions, WTFG. People like you who can't step away from being anti Bush for a second and post crap like this are pathetic.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2003, 02:48:32 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Six
No no it really is a pretty stupid thing to say. Bet your slimey ass, if you tried to make that analogy to a dad who just lost his son he would be pissed.  

Woman has an abortion she feels is just.....others say it isn't.

We send kids to die because some feel it is just....others say it isn't.

My point is the same people who say sacrifice is ok, are the same to say it isn't ok.

BTW, why would someone who lost a son who didn't believe the war was just, be pissed at me?
"My grandaddy always told me, "There are three things that'll put a good man down: Losin' a good woman, eatin' bad possum, or eatin' good possum."" - Holden McGroin

Offline muckmaw

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2003, 02:54:52 PM »
Originally posted by Sixpence
Woman has an abortion she feels is just.....others say it isn't.

We send kids to die because some feel it is just....others say it isn't.

My point is the same people who say sacrifice is ok, are the same to say it isn't ok.

BTW, why would someone who lost a son who didn't believe the war was just, be pissed at me?

Six-

Ready for this? Try and keep up.

People who serve in Iraq.=Volunteering ADULTS.

Are their deaths tragedies? Yes, of course, but they know when they enlist in the armed services there is a chance they will have to fight in a war. This is why they give them guns and stuff.

Late Term Abortion= Murder of an innocent child who cannot be consulted or given a choice.

See?

Soldier has the choice to enlist or not.
Murdered Child does not have the choice to be aborted or not.

Thanks for wasting 4 minutes of my life.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2003, 02:56:02 PM »
I'm sure they knew they were going to die for a war they thought was unjust. The point is you think it is ok for them to die.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2003, 03:02:00 PM »
Six  
 Two things, I am willing to bet most soldiers over there do not think the war is unjusts.

Second. I bet you have never delt with someone who has had a close loved one die.

You are taking the death of someones kid and trying to use that to justifie a point about a wholly different and unrelated thing. If you had done that with my dads death to my face I would have beaten the crap out of you.

You are also ASSuming that the parents of the soldiers killed in Iraq A: do not support the war( I bet most do) and b: If there kid is killed automaticaly assume it was unjust and you are going to be wrong in most cases.

Either way it is a very low class way to make your point.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2003, 03:03:37 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Second. I bet you have never delt with someone who has had a close loved one die.  

You would lose that bet.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2003, 03:13:06 PM »
Then you are an insensitive little jerk to use it to make a point. Have fun on ignore.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Partial-Birth abortion, a civil discussion
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2003, 03:15:06 PM »
banana: Ok, without Eagler and his animated gif, I'd like to open the floor for discussion about this issue.
 Could one of you pro-choice folks please explain to me why the new partial birth abortion ban bill is bad?

OK, here is the deal. Do you agree that you as a US voter do not have a right to impose such a ban on a citizen of another country? A small one that we could overpower militarily?
 Many would agree. Why? Because they have their souvereignity in this matter and not subject to your vote. What they do may be bad from the moral standpoint but it does not concern you.

So why do you think a Congress should be able to impose such restrictions on the americans? Just because it has the power to do so? Sure, it does, but if we base our argument on that, it does not make any sense.
 Any action becomes justifiable just because we have armed goons to enforce it.

Legitimacy of the government derives from the consent of the governed, remember? If a family decides to retain its souvereignity in some issues, the government should not get involved.
 There are other ways to exert pressure on such people besides the government coercion.

miko

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2003, 03:17:07 PM »
Originally posted by texace
So let me run this situation by you guys...just to see if everyone agrees on it.

Let's say a girl who is 17, 5' 1", 116 lbs. get pregnat from a rape. A doctor has told her that her body is not capible of supporting a baby at the current time, due to her weight, size, and age. The doctor says that if she proceeds with the pregancy, she runs the very high risk of either dying from complications or the baby being stillborn, since her body would not be able to support it.

She must have more wrong with her than that.  Her age, weight, and height isn't "unsafe" for child bearing.  If the doctor told her she shouldn't have it, it wasn't for those reasons.  Unless her doctor needs a shrink.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2003, 03:17:31 PM »
I think losing those kids isn't right, but I guess that is just my insensitivity.

Offline Sixpence

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Partial-Birth abortion, a civil discussion
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2003, 03:23:40 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
Any action becomes justifiable just because we have armed goons to enforce it.
 miko

That covers a broad spectrum. You said yourself there has to be some laws, and you will need armed goons to enforce them.

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2003, 03:26:26 PM »
Sixpence: I think losing those kids isn't right, but I guess that is just my insensitivity.

You mean those particular ones or loses due to abortion in general?
 Because women who undergo abortions generally end up having as many children as they planned. So the 40 million abortions performed in US may not have resulted in any net decrease in the number of live births.

So an abortion is not as much prevents a child from being born as prefres the child from being born and replaces it with another child who probably would not have been born if not for that abortion.

In russia and easten europe women used to have - maybe still have - over dozen abortions on average. Many people I knew would not have been born/raised if their mothers did not have previous abortions. Some other people would have been born and raised - in worse conditions, being undesirable at the time.

miko