Author Topic: *diplomacy* Aceshigh2  (Read 4082 times)

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2003, 02:08:50 PM »
Not necessarily Flyboy.  You can do mutually support, but only on the defensive.  You'd order:

Army X support Army Y
Army Y support Army X

They'd both have a "strength," in this case, of 2.  If one were to be attacked, however, it would have to defend itself and be unable to support the other army (support cut).

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2003, 02:10:06 PM »
Originally posted by Flyboy
can someone correct me if im wrong:

If Army at point A suport an Army at point B
and Army and point B suports Army at point A

both suports fail?

so both A & B have a "power" of 1 army defending them

Learn it. Know it. Live it.  :D
sand

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2003, 02:11:03 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys
 I figured out how to do troop moves. Now will we get more troops?

I can not read the linked pages to much tell tonight cause I am at work.

no the presses are just comications bewteen us right? we do not have to adhere to what we said other then the getting a rep as a liar?

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2003, 02:13:05 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
no the presses are just comications bewteen us right? we do not have to adhere to what we said other then the getting a rep as a liar?

It's not called "lying." It's called "stabbing" and sooner or later you'll either stab or be stabbed. Ask SOB about it. ;)
sand

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2003, 02:27:59 PM »
Thanks for the tips guys
 I figured out how to do troop moves. Now will we get more troops?

I can not read the linked pages to much tell tonight cause I am at work.

Yes, you'll get more troops.  Each supply center (the dots on the map in territories such as Paris, Spain, etc) equates to a unit (army or fleet).  Each winter (the turn after spring and fall movement phases), you'll re-adjust your units to match up with the number of SC's you control*, either by building new units or by disbanding excess units.  

And no, presses are not binding in any way, just like real diplomacy.  A treaty is only as good as the power to enforce it.  But obviously, you'll piss people off by breaking them, and probably get involved in a war over it.  :)

*ed: you "control" a supply center by being the last power to occupy it through the winter adjustments phase.  

There are 3 phases to a "year": spring movement, fall movement, and winter adjustments (no movement, just building and disbanding)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2003, 02:31:05 PM by Tarmac »

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
It's not called "lying." It's called "stabbing" and sooner or later you'll either stab or be stabbed. Ask SOB about it. ;)

The potshots at poor SOB just keep coming, and the guy isn't even defending himself!  This is shaping up to be a pretty interesting game.  :)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2003, 02:41:23 PM »
Cool.

So will the troop centers just produce or do I have to tell them?

Is there a way to say I am done so we could move on faster?

Can you have more then one army in a area?  

Sorry for so many questions.

OH PS how serious do we have to be? Hmm I am not trying to say I am going to do goofy stuff to be a wacko but is it bad for to make an ocasional Joke like

"Italy, I will order all the women of France to shave their pits, if you are willing to have the women of Italy shave the middle of their eyebrows. I do this in good faith and it should result in much good will with all nations" Kinda thing?

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2003, 02:52:58 PM »
Cool.

So will the troop centers just produce or do I have to tell them?

Is there a way to say I am done so we could move on faster?

Can you have more then one army in a area?  

Sorry for so many questions.

OH PS how serious do we have to be? Hmm I am not trying to say I am going to do goofy stuff to be a wacko but is it bad for to make an ocasional Joke like

"Italy, I will order all the women of France to shave their pits, if you are willing to have the women of Italy shave the middle of their eyebrows. I do this in good faith and it should result in much good will with all nations" Kinda thing?

The new units will be produced only in your home supply centers.  You'll have to order it, to tell them where and what to produce.  
Don't check the "wait until deadline" box.  If anyone checks it though, we have to wait until the end.  You can always go back and uncheck it.  
You cannot have more than one unit in an area.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »
And as for seriousness:

http://www.hitechcreations.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92331&highlight=diplomacy

That was sent out in game.  No harm in poking a bit of fun.

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2003, 03:05:25 PM »
It would be wise to keep a sense of humor about this game. Otherwise, it's easy to get royally pissed! :)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2003, 03:07:55 PM »
IMO as being a game master, the biggest mistake people make is not communicating enough with everyone, including their enemies. I have seen instances where a country who is undecided about which side to take, ends up going to the first side to be friendly with him.

You attract more bees with honey than with vinegar. :)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2003, 03:12:35 PM »
I got exactly what I deserved in O'club...just wait until the logs are released.  I think banana can attest to that.  :D  I still wish bad things on the testicles of both of you!  :p
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2003, 03:24:40 PM »
Originally posted by SOB
I got exactly what I deserved in O'club...just wait until the logs are released.  I think banana can attest to that.  :D  I still wish bad things on the testicles of both of you!  :p

SOB, your biggest mistake happened in the very beginning. You weren't communicating much, so while you were silent, the rest were plotting against you.

My rule of thumb....communicate, communicate, communicate.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2003, 03:43:15 PM »
My testicles?  That's not very nice.  If anything starts growing down there, I'm flying to Oregon to wipe it all over your toothbrush.  And your Lance the Biker Man latex dummy.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
*diplomacy* Aceshigh2
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2003, 03:46:16 PM »
Glad you learned from that SOB.  

Sandman had a concrete plan right from the beginning.  Your proposed plan was "kill germany."  The lack of a good plan from you made me think you were insincere; while sandman's plan showed thought and dedication to wiping you out.  :)