Author Topic: Freebirds  (Read 5386 times)

Offline DEMAN

• Zinc Member
      • http://members.shaw.ca/dthbr/
Freebirds
« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »
Well Saber.. I gotta tell you... there are 2 enemy squads that come to mind right away when the "love to hate" expression is used and that is the Freebirds and the AKs.
As CO of the 81st I have to respect your squad (and the AKs) for the way you play the game and for the way your members act online and off. We know we are in a fight when either squad is in our area of operations.
Freebirds are obviously well organized and well run and it makes winning any battles against you all the sweeter.
<>

Offline SoulzofAW3

• Zinc Member
Freebirds
« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2004, 09:28:57 PM »
I have no problems at all with you guys.  Honestly, I'm surprised that you're still around.  The first time I had ever heard of your squad was in AW when I smacked 3 of ya at the same time in pac.  I think it was $2256 and a couple of other guys.  Anyway, my first thought was that you were another dweeb squad who wouldn't last long.  Imagine my surprise when I log on to AH and see that you guys are still here and have grown larger!  It seems like you guys are a squad who enjoys the game instead of being point potatos and crying when shot down like some other people.  Keep up the good work guys.:aok

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
Freebirds
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2004, 04:45:14 AM »
I dont really care enough to hate squads, but I do see alot of chan 1 litterd with **** talking freebirds. Unless these guys with FB before their name is another squad then forgive my remark. It is also usually more than 1 ganging up on some other guy hehe. Guess you call it working together, or squad brotherhood or something. Blah Blah Blah.

Offline airbumba

• Silver Member
Freebirds
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2004, 10:17:30 AM »
Who are the Freebirds?

..as far as wet dreams go...it was the summer of my discountent, it was the best of times, it was the wettest of times. I was fast asleep when a heavy downpour filled my tent with water, i had a dream I was making pretty with a mermaid!. Fins and flippers floppin everywhere! In my dream I awoke a father to 10,000 guppies with little Kim Basinger heads.......what a weird dream.

What were we talkin about?...oh ya, whoe ARE the Freebirds?
I used to be a fatalist,
but that part of me died.

Offline mrblack

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Freebirds
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2004, 04:49:29 PM »
Originally posted by airbumba
Who are the Freebirds?

..as far as wet dreams go...it was the summer of my discountent, it was the best of times, it was the wettest of times. I was fast asleep when a heavy downpour filled my tent with water, i had a dream I was making pretty with a mermaid!. Fins and flippers floppin everywhere! In my dream I awoke a father to 10,000 guppies with little Kim Basinger heads.......what a weird dream.

What were we talkin about?...oh ya, whoe ARE the Freebirds?

Can I have some of what ur smoking please?

Offline VgasX

• Copper Member
Freebirds
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2004, 08:05:50 PM »
FB's you guys are bunch of good sticks and fun to fly against:aok

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Freebirds
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2004, 01:10:40 AM »
Originally posted by SoulzofAW3
I have no problems at all with you guys.  Honestly, I'm surprised that you're still around.  The first time I had ever heard of your squad was in AW when I smacked 3 of ya at the same time in pac.  I think it was $2256 and a couple of other guys.  Anyway, my first thought was that you were another dweeb squad who wouldn't last long.  Imagine my surprise when I log on to AH and see that you guys are still here and have grown larger!  It seems like you guys are a squad who enjoys the game instead of being point potatos and crying when shot down like some other people.  Keep up the good work guys.:aok

Glad to see you remember that awesomely, great, handsome, well dressed, killing machine you call 2256$.
He sure was an inspiration too us all!!!:D

Thanks for the post >>S<< Raptor 2256$:aok

Offline Kommandant

• Copper Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Freebirds
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2004, 01:13:47 PM »
Woah... I never thought this post would get this many hits, Keep em coming guys

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
Freebirds
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2004, 09:37:16 AM »
For what it's worth,

As former CO of the {C-HAWKS} I will say that the aire of the FB took a turn for the worse for awhile in my opinion. Certain (newer) members consistently put a bad taste in my mouth either by actions, attitudes, or words. I say this from a perspective of one who used to lead his squad along side the Freebirds with regularity. All told, I have great respect for the old (core group) of the FB, and will help any of you whenever asked.

Recent changes I've noticed to your roster will have a positive effect on my opinion I think.....if you get my drift :aok

Call on us anytime!

You asked! :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
Freebirds
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2004, 07:31:46 PM »
Freebirds.... heheh.
I admire any group that can organize and change the face of the map and the freebirds are a group that regularly pulls that off.  I can remember several times when I've wandered alone over to a base to defend only to find myself up to my neck in FB's. What other people think of you can be interesting but it isn't important.
If you guys are havin fun, don't go changing.

The only thing I can think of that might be negative and I think the culprit is FBjoker, is:  Sometimes when he kills a guy he'll say something like:  "See ya later, you're dead."  
Seems  like taunting, something I don't ever initiate(I think), when I kill a guy.*

*exception:  if my opponent's only move is to bounce me from high and HO, with no other moves, I may say:  "HO penalty paid.", once I have sent him to the tower.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline FBRaptor

• Copper Member
      • http://www.freebirdshome.us
Freebirds
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2004, 02:01:36 AM »
Originally posted by GooseAW
For what it's worth,

As former CO of the {C-HAWKS} I will say that the aire of the FB took a turn for the worse for awhile in my opinion. Certain (newer) members consistently put a bad taste in my mouth either by actions, attitudes, or words. I say this from a perspective of one who used to lead his squad along side the Freebirds with regularity. All told, I have great respect for the old (core group) of the FB, and will help any of you whenever asked.

Recent changes I've noticed to your roster will have a positive effect on my opinion I think.....if you get my drift :aok

Call on us anytime!

You asked! :D

LOL Goose. I get your drift. Would you please state that the above mentioned (temporary) problem has been resolved? If not, catch me on the game and let me know whats going on. As you know, the leadership of this squad considers its reputation valuable. Catch u in the virtual skies.
Also, thanks to all for the positive feedback, we do try very hard and have a great time together in AH and at the same time giving respect to all other squads, friend and foe alike. Well at least the ones who aren't buttheads :eek:  Raptor CO Squad 2 FB

Offline SEXObobo

• Zinc Member
Freebirds
« Reply #56 on: March 04, 2004, 10:45:30 AM »
THE FREEBIRDS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LAWCobra

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.lawsquadron.cjb.net
Freebirds
« Reply #57 on: March 05, 2004, 01:52:16 AM »
Originally posted by SEXObobo
THE FREEBIRDS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL like your squad has such a good reputation LOL

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
Freebirds
« Reply #58 on: March 05, 2004, 08:24:20 AM »
Hey Raptor!

No recent negatives to report!:aok

Offline meddog

• Copper Member
Freebirds
« Reply #59 on: March 05, 2004, 01:41:45 PM »
Well I guess it's time for my 2 cents worth.  The USMC squad and the FB use to fly together pretty regularly but I have to admit we have had a falling out of sorts in the last year or so and I think it comes down to a different style of game play.   The FB and the USMC/TFW are both strat squads but we do things differently. For example:  

(1) We use to put up missions like the FB's do now, but since our growth, we generally have enough people online to run our missions internally there by significantly decreasing the time it takes to repond to changes on the battle field. So we get a little frustrated when their missions tie up 20 or 30 pilots waiting in the tower for 10,15 or 20 minutes before launch when they have the same number of people.  Other complaints I have heard concerning FB missions is that they take pilots away that are needed in other areas to perform missions that  one may question their tactical soundness, causing knights to lose more bases than they capture. I have also heard that they want people to join their missions but they won't join anyone elses.

(2)  I flew a mission with them the other night and though it went ok, I made the recommendation enroute to drop the FH's (a standard USMC /TFW procedure) instead of proking fuel or ammo and after dropping 3 of the 4 FH's, some one made the comment to leave the last one up so we can vulch which left a bad  taste in my mouth becuase it made it seem or confirm the belief that they were more interesed in score whoring than taking the base.   The USMC/TFW are not concerned with scores which leads our squad to wonder why it seems to take the FB an incredibly long time in base capture? is it due to lack of planning, coordination or score whoring?  From our perspective, it appears to us that  the FB's fail in their missions more than they succeed but that may be more subjective than objective.

In sumation, we're annoyed at the fact that their missions take too long to launch, tie up too many pilots for too long of a time unneccisarly, questionable mission targets and either takes them for ever to capture a base if they even capture it at all.  Don't get me wrong we don't hate the FB's and Raptor and I are good friends and will never let a stupid game interfere with our friendship.  In fact I plan on flying more FB missions to get a hangle on what is fact and what is not
Yes I know I suck, other wise youuuuu would be dead so stop bragging.