Author Topic: Ct Set-up For Nov. 21 "Drive On The Reich"  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Ct Set-up For Nov. 21 "Drive On The Reich"
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 06:57:44 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
So ... how prevalent was the A5 during this timeframe?

wanna bet the a5 would see much less use than the spit9 by a factor of... ohhh...  5?

wanna bet that even with the spit14 you're not gonna see much a5's...

however, i'd bet you'd see much more spit9's than 14's.

get your head out of your arse, seal, and you  might actually be able to arp a valid point someday.

why don't *you* fly more and anklehump less? who knows, you might actually find a clue.
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 07:31:20 PM »
I dont aggree with the reset perk points every week thing,
Too much benifit to the guys that live in there.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2003, 07:33:34 PM »
Hey .... your whine was in the best interest of all even though a bit hasty and excited as it turns out, luftweeniewhineruberfuhrerboo tenlicker Shaneman. I don't know about everyone else but I sure appreciate your hyperactive bladder signal going off every 30 seconds or so. It's sacrifices like yours that keep both Aces High and Pampers in business. :D

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2003, 07:54:11 PM »
JAZZ:  Sorry, no airstarts for Bombers. The only place this has any place would be in a SEA set-up IMO. This is kinda the "Quake" mentality - no one is interested in it if you actually have to put some "effort" into flying it historically.

PERK POINTS: They will be reset to make it fair for everyone. With a little "effort" you can run them back up pretty quick. The reason for the perked planes is to limit their use - because they were fairly rare and few in number historically.

KEGGER: No P-51B model Pony as the D model had pretty well taken over by the time of this set-up. Sorry.

STORCH: No 109F with RATO till I get "THE MYSTERIOUS MISSING" ventral gun on the Boston!  :p
« Last Edit: November 21, 2003, 04:28:30 AM by Jester »
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2003, 09:05:48 PM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Hey .... your whine was in the best interest of all even though a bit hasty and excited as it turns out,  

well, son, you see, if not for this, the typo would have been overlooked, then you'd have all you slobberdonkeys whining "where's the spit9?!?! it was in the setup posted!!!"  we saved jester a few hassles.

sorry to disappoint you in that you're gonna have to try rides that take a little more skill than you possess.  :aok
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2003, 10:30:15 PM »
The record is stuck..The record is stuck..The record is stuck....The record is stuck..The record......................
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2003, 12:12:53 AM »
WHACK!!!!!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2003, 12:21:22 AM »
Originally posted by Shane
well, son, you see, if not for this, the typo would have been overlooked, then you'd have all you slobberdonkeys whining "where's the spit9?!?! it was in the setup posted!!!"  we saved jester a few hassles.

sorry to disappoint you in that you're gonna have to try rides that take a little more skill than you possess.  :aok

Never had a problem with it. Yeah ... all your whines are beneficial. You've served the community well. There'll be a bronze statue of you wearing a diaper and holding a half a ruler "erected" in front of the HTC offices someday. :aok

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2003, 03:02:42 AM »
There there were still a small # of P-51Bs in 1945, if it makes a few happy I would add it, why not? it doesn't alter the balance any. No big whup either way I suppose.

Nice setup Jester. .
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Jester

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2003, 04:36:03 AM »
Warloc, did a little research and seems there were still some early model Pony's around after D-Day into 1945. Seems they would most likely be C models though.

No biggie. Will add the B model Pony though I don't see why anyone would want to fly it when you got the D model. Guess so they can "Extend" faster.  :D
Lt. JESTER
VF-10 "GRIM REAPERS"

Offline Bolt45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2003, 07:29:58 AM »
Gimme my P51B ! rather fly it than a D anyday ..for you P51C
lovers ..buy IL2FB ...expansion pack is coming in Jan. with P51C
as one of the many add ons !  Storch I look forward to popping
your 109 :rofl

Love , Bolty

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2003, 07:44:50 AM »
Who wound your spring up and set you loose, Storchie-poo? I haven't whined a syllable over this setup. You may be trying to sound like Shaneman but I don't think that's your road to success, fame and glory given the fact you obviously lack his autistic ability with a joystick. But, unlike Shaneman, you at least have reason for your phobia against practically any plane in the HTC collection. And you'll whine about them all given time.  Shane mainly does it for attention and an excuse for the occasions he dies due to lack of SA. :D :aok

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2003, 09:06:53 AM »
Originally posted by Jester
JAZZ:  Sorry, no airstarts for Bombers. The only place this has any place would be in a SEA set-up IMO. This is kinda the "Quake" mentality - no one is interested in it if you actually have to put some "effort" into flying it historically.

PERK POINTS: They will be reset to make it fair for everyone. With a little "effort" you can run them back up pretty quick. The reason for the perked planes is to limit their use - because they were fairly rare and few in number historically.

Nothing Quake mentality about it. What is Quake mentality and currently in operation in the CT is the 2K dive bombing hvy bomber (JU-88s are not included in this since they have dive flaps). Why do ppl do this... well heck it takes 15 to 60 minutes to get a hvy bomber to altitude and another call it 15 to 30 min to reach target and then another 15 to 30 min to get home. At best we are talking about 45 minute turn arounds. The majority of which is spent climbing in safety (read AFK while watching TV). On the other hand they could grab a buff and fly it NOE to target in about 5 min with a 1000' to 2000' grab at the very end die almost immediately and then repeat. They could also grab a JABO and use about 10 to 15 min to kill a target, get into the furball, and RTB. Not using airstarts is causing the Quake mentality behaviour not avoiding it.

Resetting Perks is not the fairest way. What happens? The guys who fly the CT regularly get set to 0 and build back up in a day or two. Even a few hours if they are having a good day. After this point the Perk Rides start coming out. For the infrequent flyers they come back for their 1 or 2 hour stays in the CT once a week and find all their perk points are missing again and never get a chance to fly the perk rides.

I'll repeat myself on the subject of perk points.
1) Every setup should have a ride perked. Preferably 1 in each category buff/ftr/gv. Perhaps only a majority since I can't think of anything that was worth perking in the last setup.
2) The ENY/OBJ values for all aircraft should be set to MA standard and forever left alone.
3) Do these two simple things and the subject of resetting Perks becomes moot.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2003, 10:35:39 AM »
I cant believe you are even talking about reseting perk points. They are my perk points assoctiated with my account. I have very few of them but they are mine.  Leave them alone and design your map so that you dont have to **** with peoples accounts to make it play ballenced.
All you are doing is taking almost any chance away for me to use a perk ride in the CT. Not just for your map but for furture maps. You wanted tones of cheap perk rides in your set up-fine. Why should I pay a price for that. Your map might absolutly suck and I wont fly it and all that will happen is I lose my perk points to your experiment.
I dont think that my perk points are available as a design criteria to every one who wants to run a set up. Leave them alone.
I think this should be a fundimental rule of the CT.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2003, 12:25:29 PM »
I'm a bit curiouswhy the 152 is perked...realistically it falls below both the spit 14 and tempest in regard to performance...certainly it is "rare" but not unbalancing...maybe perk it at 1 or 2...but not the same as a tempest. I'd also question the 163 perk value...again maybe a 1 or 2 perk ding at most givin its limitations.

Just my 2 cents...realistically you wouldnt see either 262's or 163's...or B-17's in the "tactical" war anyway. I'd love to see 163's enabled at all "large" fields in a CT map...unrealistic...probably. ..but would be fun for a week:)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson