Author Topic: Ct Set-up For Nov. 21 "Drive On The Reich"  (Read 3849 times)

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
Request
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2003, 03:16:06 AM »
Can you please give to Spit XIV light perk value of 2 perks or maybe 1.5. I can see at CT only Spit and time to time some other plane in strike mission.

This perks will not prevent from Spit to fly but at least half of your sorties you will have to do in Mustangs of Thunderbaltes.

It is suprior plane at CT, not problem with its supriority but when it is only plane allies fly it is just not fun.
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Request
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2003, 04:00:41 AM »
Originally posted by artik
Can you please give to Spit XIV light perk value of 2 perks

It is suprior plane at CT, not problem with its supriority but when it is only plane allies fly it is just not fun.

(all in 109g10)

31 Kills of Spitfire Mk XIV  

13 Deaths by Spitfire Mk XIV
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline thrila

• Gold Member
      • The Few Squadron
Ct Set-up For Nov. 21 "Drive On The Reich"
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2003, 07:26:32 AM »
Spit14 is a g10 with roundels, nothing more.
"Willy's gone and made another,
Something like it's elder brother-
Wing tips rounded, spinner's bigger.
Unbraced tailplane ends it's figure.
One-O-nine F is it's name-
F is for futile, not for fame."

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2003, 08:40:54 AM »
One of the reasons for seeing a large number of Spitfires is the planes climb and acceleration rate. Of all the Allied planes the Spitfire is the only one that can approximate the climb/acceleration abilities of a 109. Yes a P51 can climb but it doesn't accelerate well. I won't comment on the acceleration or climb rate of a Typhoon or Jug. When the fight gets close to an Allied base the Spitfire is the only reasonable choice for dealing with Hi E Hi Alt LW ACs.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2003, 09:01:43 AM »
Originally posted by scJazz
I watched 4 people log in today ask wtf happened to their perks, find out, and then log out. As I pointed out earlier and true to my statement these were all the infrequent flyers. They figured rightly that they wouldn't have the time to build up their perks and get a perk plane and were disgusted by the reset.

As far as limiting the number of perk planes I flew for about 9hrs total today and saw only 4 perk planes in the sky.

These two observations seem to confirm that resetting the perks is accomplishing it's stated goal - to make perked planes rare.  It's too bad that four people left the CT, because we can always use more folks here.  OTOH, it seems like they may have come in expressly to fly the perked planes.  That trend, of course, would result in this setup being nothing more than a battle of the perked planes.

If you're bound and determined to fly a perked plane, it really doesn't take too long to build up the points to do it.  If you're only dropping by the CT so that you can fly a perked plane....well....guess you're out of luck.

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2003, 09:22:12 AM »
Whats the point in perking planes that are available from 1 field in the rear? Either perk them and make them available from more fields or lose the perks.

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2003, 09:25:58 AM »
I agree that we could use a few more bases for the perked rides to roll from. That wouldn't hurt.
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline scJazz

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2003, 11:24:43 AM »
The ppl weren't here expressly for perk rides. Each of them has flown infrequently in the CT either because they don't fly much or because they fly most of the time in the MA. Perking planes always limits use that isn't the issue. Resetting perks is the item I've been commenting on. If we do some quick math we might reasonably assume a larget impact than just 4. I was present for roughly 1/3rd of day and caught perhaps half the text buffer/logons. It may be that as many as 15 or so ppl chose not to fly and left.

Offline Mike_2851

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2003, 12:41:10 PM »
OK, My opinion about perk points. I don't fly in the MA so I don't know what is perked and what is not. I pretty much fly only in the CT and I am at best an average player.

Through any effort I make-I earn perk points that count for nothing until we have a set up that has perked planes-then all is reset to zero. I understand the historic and plane balance issues, but I think this works best for arena balace.

For instance in this set up we have a lot of toys to choose from, if nothing was perked, the MA players could come in and grab for free the rides they usually have to buy in the MA-thereby "porking" the CT.

If we are going to rack up perk points then let's have a set up every week that features a perked ride for each side. That way the points we build will mean something, and there would be no reason for resets to the CT regulars, and anyone coming in from the MA would have to spend some time to build up the points needed to fly "the choice rides"

Yeah-I know-"tried it/didn't work", "plane balance/historical introduction into theater", "Isn't that the way the MA works?",
Yada-Yada-Yada.........Had to say it anyway  :aok

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2003, 01:39:18 PM »
So, support my NPA.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2003, 11:55:39 PM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Arlo. there were around 2000 Me 262s made. It was not a rare plane.

About 1430 if I recall correctly.  Of which just over 100 saw active service so far as I've been able to tell.  Most were never delivered or never had fuel available.

If you have better info on service numbers I'd love to see it.  I have never had much luck finding good late war German service numbers.  Everything always seems debatable.

Certainly the Me262 saw less service than did the Fw190D-9, even though the D-9 had just over 700 examples in its production run.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Skyfoxx

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2003, 11:03:00 AM »
An enjoyable setup.:aok
When in doubt, run this one. :)

"Consider your own fortunes gentlemen the deepest circle of hell is reserved for traitors and mutineers."

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2003, 11:56:38 AM »
I really don't think "perkies" are really a big deal...I've only flown 1 hop in a 262 this setup so far. For the most part #'s have kept me on the luftwabble side of the equation (easily hardest plane set for me). I've found G-6 to be best plane in the set (for me at least)...eats ponies up and can give the spit14 a decent fight. Since I rarely get up into the strtosphere the G10 doesnt do much for me.

The biggest issue I see is the imbalance in numbers combined with the dominant allied plane set. Add in a few folks who cant tell the difference between a gangbang and a fight and I can see why some folks check in and then leave. I really dont think its all perkies...some folks see a choice between joining the horde or being gangbanged simply elect not to participate. There are a some like me that will flop to the side with the low numbers but not everyone will. I certainly recognize historical and squad allegiences are important to many...but many of the "real" squads (those with histories going back to AW/WB's in the 80's/early 90's) gladly split up and even out and gleefully beat each other to death if they cant find enough opposition.

From what I've seen in the CT a majority of the squads simply gangbang when/what they can.

azhacker

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2003, 03:28:46 PM »
Here we go again...

Squads get blamed all the time for doing because we are easily recognised during a roster check. Stop blaming us for your woes.

"I've found G-6 to be best plane in the set (for me at least)...eats ponies up and can give the spit14 a decent fight."

"The biggest issue I see is the imbalance in numbers combined with the dominant allied plane set"

Ok, which is it???

"but many of the "real" squads (those with histories going back to AW/WB's in the 80's/early 90's"

Again with the squad slamming.

"From what I've seen in the CT a majority of the squads simply gangbang when/what they can"

And again...

What a whiney "I got my a** shot off in the CT so blame squads" post.

Solid 7/10, but I have seen better.

Cya.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 07:58:41 AM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2003, 03:34:04 PM »
After ore squadron had a duel with LLv32 at CT I can assume that really we do not need perks for Spit  14. Even it is fast spit will allways remain Spit.

Kanttori -  LLv32
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel