Author Topic: Last days of Luftwaffe setup.  (Read 2207 times)

Offline tzr

• Copper Member
      • http://webpages.charter.net/maddogjoe/index.html
Re: Re: Last days of Luftwaffe setup.
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2003, 04:41:46 PM »
Originally posted by artik
So lets make some conclutions:

Western forces:

USAF and RAF
  • P-51D
  • P-47D30
  • P-38L
  • Spitfire Mk XIV
  • Typhoon
  • Tempest Mk V - from rear bases only
  • Mosquito Mk VI
  • B-17
  • B-26
  • C-47
  • M-3, M-8, M-16, Panzer

Central Map forces

LW
  • 109G-6
  • 109G-10
  • 190D-9
  • 190F-8
  • 190A-8
  • Ta-152
  • Me 262 *
  • Me 163 *
  • Ar 234 *
  • Ju-88
  • Bf 110G-2
  • Ju-52 (C-47)
  • Panzer, Ostwind, Tiger

* from 3 bases on in center one at north and one at south.

Eastern Forces
VVS
  • La-7
  • Yak-9U
  • Yak-9T
  • Il-2
  • C-47
  • M3, M-16, T-34 (Panzer), Tiger

The map is Ruhr - when the western part is UASF and  RAF, estern is VVS and the central is LW when Jets are avialable only at 3 bases - nothing is perked.

Fuel burn raitio is 2.0.

Did I miss something?

When could it be run? [/B]

WHAT No F4-U4........Just kidding   Easy Folks...had to get in in before Arlo did   :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Re: Re: Last days of Luftwaffe setup.
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2003, 05:48:11 PM »
Originally posted by tzr
WHAT No F4-U4........Just kidding   Easy Folks...had to get in in before Arlo did   :D

Whathehell's a "F4-U4?" Is it anything like my beloved F4U-1? :D

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Last days of Luftwaffe setup.
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2003, 06:16:29 PM »
Originally posted by Jester

There is NO WAY to have 3 sides in the CT. First thing you will have some dweebs log-on in here and everything will go to HELL in a handbasket and we will have two MA's open. However, we CAN have two fronts - they will just both be the same figure on the chessboard. Sorry, try the MA if you want 3 sides. Be a pain in the kazoo to set up but can be done.

Dweebs log on in the CT every day/night. Heh.

Here's why it wouldn't be "like the MA.":

Each of the three sides would still have a country (or countires) specific planeset and the map itself could point those sides to a common goal.

As Artik has pointed out the Soviet forces and the US/British forces would be on opposite sides of the German forces ... pushing in.

Even where Soviet force bases come closest to their Allies, there was actually somewhat of a "cold war" atmosphere already forming in the final months of the war. There are accounts of Soviet and US air units engaging each other (even with apparent knowledge of who each other were). Non-Soviet Allied planes that made emergency landings at Soviet fields were confiscated and the pilots/crews held in custody. And although the opposite wasn't true .... it could easily have been.

And yes .. the chance of seeing alliances shift is not totally out of the picture. I find it a fascinating dynamic to consider. Consider Patton's apparent desire to take on the Soviets with the aid of defeated German units after the war. I'd say the first instance of a supposed "Allied" player attacking an ally (Soviet or US or British the aggressor .... doesn't matter) then the German command should consider another attempt on Hitler and make overtures to either the West or East for armistice. Then WWIII can proceed accordingly. ;)

Offline gear

• Silver Member
kool
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2003, 06:22:53 PM »
This sounds interesting but it sounds like a branch off of th MA.
But i would give it a try how many troops to capture a base would be a deciding factor:aok

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2003, 07:56:49 PM »
We should limit jets but in one way - not double.

Exactly Artik. This has been brought up a few times and I think this is the main problem with the Drive on the Riech perk idea. Some feedback other than I have "perk point envy" would be nice.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
KNIGHTS CROSS
« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2003, 12:42:01 AM »
I am thinking the 3 sided thing would work if you made the LW base non capturable  or at leas the inner ones.
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline artik

• Silver Member
      • Blog
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2003, 01:15:52 AM »
Originally posted by storch
:aok  That would be a great set up artik.  I would include the M-3 and the M-16 for the axis.:D

OOOOOps :D

M-3 really need to axis - edited ;)
Artik, 101 "Red" Squadron, Israel