Author Topic: RR vs FR  (Read 1776 times)

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
RR vs FR
« on: December 07, 2003, 09:24:58 PM »
why does it seem everyone thinks FR so much more difficult than RR?  IMO learning is not so different, now what you learn is different but the curve prolly a little similiar.  in RR you have to learn all those things you can make a plane do that it shouldnt be able to and learn how to use them to your advantage and defend yourself from them.  In FR you do the same thing, learn you use planes advantages for ya and use enemies plane disadvantages against.  just think RR allowed more "craziness" you had to learn to be a decent fight, and FR you gotta know plane a bit more.  dont think it that much easier to learn RR than FR tho, just different.  and yes i know, RR will never be here, dont really care about that.  
so, am i far off base?
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Sikboy

• Platinum Member
Re: RR vs FR
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2003, 09:35:04 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
why does it seem everyone thinks FR so much more difficult than RR?  

What's RR?

But seriously, Am I the only one who was expecting a at the end of this post?

-Sik
You: Blah Blah Blah
Me: Meh, whatever.

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
RR vs FR
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2003, 09:35:34 PM »
ok what does RR FR mean:confused:
known as Arctic in the main

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
RR vs FR
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2003, 09:40:15 PM »
was being serious sik, my opion only. :D   played both about same amount of time, and i prolly better here than i was there (not that it is saying much).  that why i dont understand i guess.  :D
~S~

there ya go, two of em.:aok
« Last Edit: December 07, 2003, 09:42:28 PM by killnu »

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
RR vs FR
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2003, 10:01:21 PM »
I'm guessing Relaxed Realism, and Full Realism.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
RR vs FR
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2003, 10:02:47 PM »
A pilot trained in full realism, can become an ace in relaxed realism arenas easily.

However, a pilot who thinks he's an ace in relaxed realism, is going to have some serious ego shock when he enters full realism environment.

FR not much more difficult than RR? You've got to be kidding.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
RR vs FR
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2003, 10:09:07 PM »
sure, just enters, im talking learning curve, a period of time, not immediately.  from RR to FR.  in same amount of time at each, im probably better FR, that all im sayin.  :)
~S~

++The Blue Knights++

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
Relaxed Realism/Full Realism
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2003, 10:09:33 PM »
were arena settings in that classic early air-combat on-line multiplayer game a VERY LARGE number of current & former AH players (including the creator of AH) cut their teeth on-- Air Warrior!  

It was a great game in its time. I learned alot from it, I hope the creators of this game learned alot from Air Warrior also.

IMO RR was video game-ish, but the modeling of FR was difficult for me. But I think my time in FR helped me alot when I finally ended up here. 1 thing im very sure of, my joystick lasts alot longer without RR:rofl

Anton

Offline Reschke

• Platinum Member
      • VF-17 "The Jolly Rogers"
RR vs FR
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2003, 10:26:03 PM »
For a great introduction to Relaxed Realism (aka RR) go download Fighter Ace 3.xxx and take a look at their "Intermediate" Arenas. Then go to Arcade. There is a huge difference between Arcade and Intermediate over there and an even bigger difference between "Advanced" and "Intermediate".
Buckshot
Reschke from March 2001 till tour 146
Founder and CO VF-17 Jolly Rogers September 2002 - December 2006
"I'm baaaaccccckkk!"

Offline Zanth

• Silver Member
      • http://www.a-26legacy.org/photo.htm
RR vs FR
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2003, 10:38:03 PM »
RR died with AW, it is gone forever.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
RR vs FR
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2003, 10:51:49 PM »
All the pilots who've really experienced actual combat in a WWII era fighter in a WWII battle raise your hands.

Ok .... everyone else ....

You haven't even seen full realism yet. ;)

Now .... here's the deal. The is no "RR" and "FR" distinction in AH.

This thread had no real point.

But it did get some attention.

There ya go. :D

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
RR vs FR
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2003, 11:35:31 PM »
I believe the point being made is that some players comming from a background of less than full realism find AH too hard.  
I agree with ikilln that it is not hard to catch on, if you already know the basics.  Everything is the same, tactics, acm.  The only thing different is the physical interface with the controls, and the querks of each plane type.  

I have always suspected that the 'too hard' excuse was just a smoke screen for soft ego's that couldnt handle not being able to kick arse like in the 'old days'  without putting the time in to learn the flight model.  I even heard the excuse that 'I just cant get the hang of it the way you FR guys are'  Lol, I was never even a FR guy other than occational visits, and special events.

Those that were aces with RR are doing good here.  Those that were lemmings, are still lemmings here :D

Offline F4i

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.ghost-squadron.org/main/frame.html
RR vs FR
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2003, 11:56:47 PM »
I was flying in RR ETO3 for a long time.  The Franz was my training machine.  What a great time.  Those damn Bz and Az never fight eachother...just us Cz...but I guess that's what makes us Cz such better pilots.  :D

Now that I've switched to FR Big Pac, maaaaaaaaaaaan...I'm getting my arse blasted by all those Nik dweebs and Ki-84 rats.  My frame rate is 12 and my ping is over 600 on a good day;  maybe that's why I'm having a hard time.  I would ask others for help, but the freakin' vox isn't working...again.

I'll keep running in my pony until the F.M. is fixed...NO WAY CAN A NIK TURN LIKE THAT!

Devil

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
RR vs FR
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2003, 04:18:03 AM »
If you want RR just switch on the AOA thingy...........
Ludere Vincere

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
RR vs FR
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2003, 06:39:30 AM »
Wait ..... so the point is ..... good AW RR pilots are every bit as good or better than good FR AW pilots in spite of the fact that they couldn't handle the stalls, blackouts and spins of the AW FR virtual world?

Man ..... what a good point.

And certainly ground that was never covered to death back on the AW forums ..... when there was an AW forum.

Pardon me for looking into the thread and seeing someone apparently caught up in their delusional past and dragging out their favorite old argument (now moot btw) here for the world to see.

:D