Author Topic: I am floored. This is so wrong....  (Read 3796 times)

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: I am floored. This is so wrong....
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2003, 09:23:50 PM »
GtoRA2: I do not care if you thought the war was right or wrong.
 Using the death of our soldiers to push your joke of a presidential run is wrong...

Delirium: "In the years the dictator was in place in Iraq, this many families were killed, separated, or tortured."

So guys, if we tried to criticise the Hitler's politics (not comparing W to Hitler, just using the context), we should not use the germans who died in Hitler's cause - because it is offencive to the noble soldiers. And we should not use the german victims - jews, russians, poles, etc, because the dictator Stalin was killing them in even greater numbers.

So, according to your, guys rules of discussion, what are we allowed to say[/b] about Hitler's policies that is bad if we cannot mention the deaths his policies caused?

miko
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 10:01:58 PM by miko2d »

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: I am floored. This is so wrong....
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2003, 09:39:50 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
GtoRA2: I do not care if you thought the war was right or wrong.
 Using the death of our soldiers to push your joke of a presidential run is wrong...

Delirium: "In the years the dictator was in place in Iraq, this many families were killed, separated, or tortured."

So guys, if we tried to criticise the Hitler's politics (not comparing W to Hitler, just using the context), we should not use the germans who died in Hitler's cause - because it is offencive to the noble soldiers. And we should not use the german victims - jews, russians, poles, etc, because the dictator Stalin was killing them in even greater numbers.
 So what can we say about Hitler that is bad?

miko

If you can't tell the difference, you need to take a few more "English as a second language" classes.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
Re: I am floored. This is so wrong....
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2003, 09:40:17 PM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2
Using the death of our soldiers to push your joke of a presidential run is wrong...[/URL]

How about using the deaths of over 3,000 people do to terrorism?  What about scheduling your campaign kick off to coincide with with the anniversary of 9/11?

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: I am floored. This is so wrong....
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2003, 09:42:51 PM »
{edited rhetorical basis for stupid rhetorical question}  

So what can we say about Hitler that is bad?

{carrying the tangential rhetorical thought to an extreme...}

and Hitler was a vegetarian and did not drink or smoke...
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Re: I am floored. This is so wrong....
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2003, 09:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by Holden McGroin

and Hitler was a vegetarian and did not drink or smoke...

That should have set off some alarms... :)
sand

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
I am floored. This is so wrong....
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2003, 10:01:27 PM »
So, according to your, guys rules of discussion, what are we allowed to say about Hitler's policies that is bad if we could not mention the deaths his policies caused?

miko

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2003, 10:03:29 PM »
So, according to your, guys rules of discussion, what are we allowed to say about Hitler's policies that is bad if we could not mention the deaths his policies caused?

miko

If you aren't smart enough to figure it out, then just avoid the topic.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #37 on: December 12, 2003, 10:56:03 PM »
And the idiots begin to stack - one by one.

Some of you ****birds are worse than the individual who associates himself with this add.

Offline Sandman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 12, 2003, 11:09:49 PM »
Originally posted by Saurdaukar
And the idiots begin to stack - one by one.

Some of you ****birds are worse than the individual who associates himself with this add.

That was profound. Thanks.
sand

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2003, 11:38:34 PM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
That was profound. Thanks.

Especially humorous coming from you.  :aok

Im sorry you werent impressed with the contents of my post.

The truth is that every once in awhile I see a post that throttles me - I cant quite explain it - its almost as if Ive lost all hope for humanity as a species.

Your post, for example, did this to me.

Since I have very little chance of holding an intelligent conversation with you, much less swaying your opinion, I have elected not to put much thought through the keyboard - waste is a terrible thing.

In this case, you can think of my post as 'thinking out loud' if it suits you.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2003, 11:46:53 PM by Saurdaukar »

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2003, 12:19:50 AM »
Dissent is not allowed Martlet. Thats your whole aggenda.
Kill all disentors!
Then point out how everyone aggees with you.

Your like the teacher in the last emperorer.
Only without the class.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2003, 07:45:08 AM »
Originally posted by Sandman_SBM
LIE #1: "The evidence indicates that Iraq is reconstituting its nuclear weapons program ... Iraq has attempted to purchase high-strength aluminum tubes and other equipment needed for gas centrifuges, which are used to enrich uranium for nuclear weapons." – President Bush, Oct. 7, 2002, in Cincinnati.

LIE #2: "The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of uranium from Africa." – President Bush, Jan.28, 2003, in the State of the Union address.

LIE #3: "We believe [Saddam] has, in fact, reconstituted nuclear weapons." – Vice President Cheney on March 16, 2003 on "Meet the Press."

LIE #4: "[The CIA possesses] solid reporting of senior-level contacts between Iraq and al-Qaeda going back a decade." – CIA Director George Tenet in a written statement released Oct. 7, 2002 and echoed in that evening's speech by President Bush

LIE #5: "We've learned that Iraq has trained al-Qaeda members in bomb-making and poisons and deadly gases ... Alliance with terrorists could allow the Iraqi regime to attack America without leaving any fingerprints." – President Bush, Oct. 7.

LIE #6: "We have also discovered through intelligence that Iraq has a growing fleet of manned and unmanned aerial vehicles that could be used to disperse chemical or biological weapons across broad areas. We are concerned that Iraq is exploring ways of using these UAVs [unmanned aerial vehicles] for missions targeting the United States." – President Bush, Oct. 7.

LIE #7: "We have seen intelligence over many months that they have chemical and biological weapons, and that they have dispersed them and that they're weaponized and that, in one case at least, the command and control arrangements have been established." – President Bush, Feb. 8, 2003, in a national radio address.

LIE #8: "Our conservative estimate is that Iraq today has a stockpile of between 100 and 500 tons of chemical weapons agent. That is enough to fill 16,000 battlefield rockets." – Secretary of State Colin Powell, Feb. 5 2003, in remarks to the UN Security Council.

LIE #9: "We know where [Iraq's WMD] are. They're in the area around Tikrit and Baghdad and east, west, south, and north somewhat." – Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, March 30, 2003, in statements to the press.

LIE #10: "Yes, we found a biological laboratory in Iraq which the UN prohibited." – President Bush in remarks in Poland, published internationally June 1, 2003

Sheesh don't you hate it when you hit back a slow lob and it gets smashed back at you?

Offline Martlet

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2003, 08:57:15 AM »
Originally posted by Pongo
Dissent is not allowed Martlet. Thats your whole aggenda.
Kill all disentors!
Then point out how everyone aggees with you.

Your like the teacher in the last emperorer.
Only without the class.

Who says I don't love dissent?  Dissent is a vital part of our government's success.  A government you spend much of your time crying about.

There is a difference between dissent and slander, though.

Offline Dingbat

• Silver Member
      • http://mysite.verizon.net/res0v1l1

Offline Scootter

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2003, 10:11:50 AM »
Dingbat, Here is a thought "when France puts up 87 billion they can hire only French companys" how about that?

When you pay the band you get to pick the music.