Author Topic: How best to kill the B-26?  (Read 1392 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How best to kill the B-26?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2003, 04:30:40 AM »
Rgr Curly.. when I see them nose up aggressively,  I abort.. nose down a tad.. stayout of range... they cannot stay nose up forever.

If I get a sharp 26 pilot... I'll take the time to grab above and slash from front high quarter... even this is risky in a non cannon plane though. You know how this scenario plays out... sometimes you get the bull, sometimes you get the horns.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2003, 06:48:28 AM »
Best quick and clean way I know, is coming up very fast from behind, zooming up, hitting the gunned plane's wintip with all guns, continue zoom as he starts to tip over, begin timing.

Roll over so that you come down onto the next fresh bomber (if he auto-destructed the tip-less one) just as he's transfered to it, slash back down onto that one's wingtip, and most of the time, by this time you are safe enough to just walk over almost any way to the third one's wingtip.

If the guy does not bail for some reason, you have to follow the formation fast enough to catch at least one more plane's wingtip, before it does the see-saw warping.

If the guy is very fast to bail from the first tip-less plane and guns well, you are back to square one, and the safest way is to continue up and out of its 50cals' range, and repeat from the beginning.

Another sure way if you've practiced enough is to barrel around and around on the same heading as the formation, not exactly on a formation-centered axis (to fool his aim), and shoot at one wingtip at a time, each time you're coming down in your barrel.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2003, 07:52:06 AM »
Originally posted by Steve

If I get a sharp 26 pilot... I'll take the time to grab above and slash from front high quarter... even this is risky in a non cannon plane though. You know how this scenario plays out... sometimes you get the bull, sometimes you get the horns.

The best b26 stick I ever flew against was Hangman (of all people.)  Fair pony stick too :)

curly

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2003, 03:23:24 AM »
Heheh, he's probably one of the ones that gives me the horns

Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline qts

• Nickel Member
      • None yet
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 01:30:58 PM »
If you do decide to attack from underneath, do beware that he can drop his bombs on you.