Author Topic: Ah On Bigscreen  (Read 2774 times)

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« on: December 27, 2003, 06:13:58 PM »
Santa brought me a 50" Panasonic LCD RPTV.  This TV is awesome for AH.  No phosphorous screen burn-in or motion blurring.  It is even made for PC's with two VGA inputs.  ATI does not support  it's native resolution of 1280x720 but it can be added with the Rage 3D tweak app.  You also have to edit the AH video config file.  The picture doesn't even look stretched in AH, text and cockpit instuments are clear,  graphics are fluid and look awesome.  Overall, Way Cool.  Merry Christmas All.

http://catalog2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ModelDetail?storeId=11251&catalogId=11005&itemId=64592&catGroupId=11254&modelNo=PT-50LC13&surfModel=PT-50LC13
« Last Edit: December 27, 2003, 11:50:08 PM by DAVENRINO »
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA
CH USB HOTAS/ONKYO 705 7.2 SURROUND SOUND/ 60" SONY A3000 SXRD  TV

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2003, 06:29:03 PM »
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline B17Skull12

• Gold Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2003, 06:55:14 PM »
lol rosc!
II/JG3 DGS II

Offline Halo

• Gold Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2003, 09:39:50 PM »
Wow, brings new meaning to the term "perk points."
Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity. (Seneca, 1st century AD, et al)
Practice random acts of kindness and senseless beauty. (Anne Herbert, 1982, Sausalito, CA)
Paramedic to Perkaholics Anonymous

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2003, 04:51:10 PM »
Any Chance of a digi cam shot of AH on that to show off even more ?

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2003, 05:43:49 PM »
here's part of the picture he has been teasing the rest of his squadmates with.

Not only does he get great christmas gifts like that, when he gets tired of STILL getting shot down he goes out wind surfing there in Hawaii. Unfortunately we get to hear him complain about this stuff all the time !!  ;)

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2003, 05:48:49 PM »
Man thats pretty sweet,

Offline MaddogJoe

• Nickel Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2003, 05:52:18 PM »
ya we send him out ahead of the rest of the squad to look for bogies. Even at distance those dots look like sparrows to him  :D

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2003, 06:03:02 PM »
damn, nice gear.  of course if I lived in HI I doubt I'd even own any indoor toys.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2003, 06:25:14 PM »
Originally posted by capt. apathy
damn, nice gear.  of course if I lived in HI I doubt I'd even own any indoor toys.

LOL Capt A,
You are right, I moved here 16 years ago from just south of Portland and I usually don't even eat meals inside here.  I quit spending Sundys inside watchin sports like we did in Oregon,but it does still get dark here and I am a profesional beach bum so I get plenty of outside time  

LOL,
Joe is right   This bigscreen hasn't helped my aim at all.

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2003, 01:04:37 AM »
Cool. I have a rear projection with DVI-in. I have never tried it with my computer.

How does that widescreen resolution look in Aces High? Does the game adjust to show more, or just distorts and stretches the image?

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2003, 01:30:17 AM »
I looking to move that direction in a few years.  when the last kid moves out (5 more years).

I'm planning on taveling (with the wife along) almost non-stop for work. I should be able to avoid the 1 or 2 months of dead time that apear now and then.  with that rate of income and no home to maintain I'm figuring that I can do 9-12 months of work and 6 months in HI before my insurance runs out and I have to go back to work for another year or so.

I'm planning to do that for about 16 years before I can retire there full time.  that should give me a good idea where I want to set up a perminant home, so far Kauai seems great to me but I've got a few more islands to check out before I'm sure.

I got hooked on the islands when I went over for work 7 years ago,  got the wife thinking in the same direction by taking her to Kauai for a couple weeks last year.

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2003, 03:41:37 AM »
Originally posted by Animal
Cool. I have a rear projection with DVI-in. I have never tried it with my computer.

How does that widescreen resolution look in Aces High? Does the game adjust to show more, or just distorts and stretches the image?

Animal,
A lot of great info in this forum-

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?forumid=26

I also have DVI in but I am using VGA because it is much easier and the quality is almost as good.  I bought this TV because it was the most PC friendly and it IS my primary monitor.  With DVI in , most widescreens get overscan that can only be reduced with a custom resolution such as 1184x666 and the correct corresponing timings created in Powerstrip.  But it can be done.   This is prolly not a problem in AH because you can edit the resolution in the video config 7 file, but some games such as Falcon 4.0 and Battlefield 1942 launch a setup screen in 800x600.  I read of many problems getting this to work with DVI as it is not very forgiving.  I have to play those games in 800x600 and I can sretch or zoom if I like and they do look a bit stetched as any 4:3 picture would.  This Panny shows the whole desktop with 7/8" border top n bottom and 3/8" on the sides at 1280x720.  Aces High doesn't appear stretched at all to my eye at the Panny's native resolution of 1280x720.  In fact it looks horizontally compressed if I switch to normal or 4:3 mode.

If your TV is a CRT I am sure you are also aware of possible burn-in problems.  Answers to most of your questions can be found in the avs forum.  Good Luck

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
« Last Edit: December 29, 2003, 04:00:54 AM by DAVENRINO »
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline DAVENRINO

• Silver Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2003, 03:56:06 AM »
Capt A,
they aren't jokin when they call it Paradise.  I was swimmin in my unheated pool Xmas day.  I am never goin back to the mainland.  I live on the windward side of Oahu in Kailua, a quiet little beach town away from all the tourists.  I can be in Waikiki, Home Depot, Costco, Comp USA, etc in 30 minutes and walk to the beach in 5.  Hope ya make your escape from the drizzle and grey skies.

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA
DAVE aka DJ229-AIR MAFIA

Offline JustJim

• Nickel Member
Ah On Bigscreen
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2003, 04:22:19 AM »
Originally posted by DAVENRINO
Capt A,
they aren't jokin when they call it Paradise.  I was swimmin in my unheated pool Xmas day.  I am never goin back to the mainland.  I live on the windward side of Oahu in Kailua, a quiet little beach town away from all the tourists.  I can be in Waikiki, Home Depot, Costco, Comp USA, etc in 30 minutes and walk to the beach in 5.  Hope ya make your escape from the drizzle and grey skies.

DJ229 - AIR MAFIA

(Jealous Mode On)

OK Now you just plain suck lol

(Jealous Mode Off)