Author Topic: War  (Read 6119 times)

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2003, 07:31:36 PM »
I guess you have never come to the realization that maybe something you have been doing or others are doing along with you may be stupid and pointless.  Thats neat, how you have been right all your life.

Offline capt. apathy

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.moviewavs.com/cgi-bin/moviewavs.cgi?Bandits=danger.wav
War
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2003, 08:36:27 PM »
I guess you have never come to the realization that maybe something you have been doing or others are doing along with you may be stupid and pointless.

no most of us have done that.  the trick is to fix your own bad behavior, at least to the point where it's no longer your trademark, before you set out to fix other peoples behavior.

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
War
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2003, 10:17:56 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
I guess you have never come to the realization that maybe something you have been doing or others are doing along with you may be stupid and pointless.  Thats neat, how you have been right all your life.

Indeed.

Offline AKKarma

• Zinc Member
War
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2004, 10:54:08 PM »
"I could not respect a man who walked away from a fight where his flag was at stake. However, I think that our government should be more particular as to which wars we get involved in. The military today is high-tech and all volunteer. I think that as long as we never lose focus on what's important, we will be all right. I would hate to think that American lives could be easily thrown away on a bad policy decision. We just have to have faith in our government, which is not easy, and faith in the military. If the government goes to war, then let the military fight it. That is how America will stay great. "

-- Gregory "Pappy" Boyington

Pappy's final interview, originally published in Aviation History Magazine in May 2001

Offline Nomak

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2004, 11:53:46 PM »
Originally posted by Maniac
Translation:

I am gay.

Maniac.......you Rule!  :rofl

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
War
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2004, 01:46:30 PM »
AKcurly: Here is an example of a clear strategy.

1. Invade Iraq.
2. Kill Saddam Hussein and his get.
3. Salt the earth where Saddam lived.
4. Exit Iraq.

You think that is a clear strategy and at the same time you "object to the Iraqi war?

That strategy is exactly what our administration is implementing. Of course "his get" is being redefined from his two sons - who were supposedely the only people willingly supporting him - to the "deck of cards" and then to all iraqis who oppose american occupation.

Animal: This is the only place where I have been called both a comunist AND a fascist in the span of one day

The difference between communists and fascists is in a very minor detail - the communists advocate the formal ownership of means of production by the state while fascists preserve nominal private ownership but totally control prodiction, distribution, prices and "profits".

So which do you prefer more - the state increasingly nationalising the economy or the state increasingly regulating/directing the economy and redestributing the income? :)

miko

Offline maslo

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
War
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2004, 05:18:58 PM »
Originally posted by GRUNHERZ
No Curly.

To make the first staement you must assume some knowledge of Iraqi values, otherwise how could you say that US policy towards Iraqi people was wrong? Horrible Error! Major Error! etc.

But then you say you have no idea whats important to Iraqis. So if you have no idea of whats important to iraqis how can you say that the USA is not providing it?

i dont have to know all about iraqi demands to know that.

1. they do not like occupation
2. they do not need to listen what and where should they buy
3. they do not need to be educated in freedom from currupted country like US

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2004, 05:43:15 PM »
Originally posted by maslo

After decades of oppression by a cruel dictator they obviously need to learn about freedom from someone. Who do you suggest?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2004, 05:52:09 PM »

Hey you are just bitter your country was given to the Russians post WW2 (not to mention didnt even bother to stand up for itself vs them) and did not have the benefit of 50 years of what you described above from the USA and now you are poor and miserable and jelous which makes you resent America....
« Last Edit: January 02, 2004, 06:05:58 PM by GRUNHERZ »

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2004, 06:34:34 PM »
Originally posted by miko2d
AKcurly: Here is an example of a clear strategy.

1. Invade Iraq.
2. Kill Saddam Hussein and his get.
3. Salt the earth where Saddam lived.
4. Exit Iraq.

You think that is a clear strategy and at the same time you "object to the Iraqi war?

That strategy is exactly what our administration is implementing.

miko

No, Miko.  GB is having trouble with the part where you go home.

curly

Offline AKcurly

• Silver Member
War
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2004, 06:36:49 PM »

Where are you from, Maslo?  Which pristine paradise is blessed by your presence?

curly

Offline miko2d

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
War
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2004, 09:13:01 PM »
Well, guys - if the ad hominem attacks and denigrading based on someone's birthcountry's imaginary history is your idea of teaching people freedom, I wonder how you expect the iraqi's to "learn about freedom from someone" like you.

What will you say if an iraqi shows up here and says something contrary? I bet you will tell him to shut up because he is jelous and his country is backwards and he should just "learn about freedom".

miko

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2004, 09:50:10 PM »

Oh yea miko...  Anyway shouldnt you be happy about Iraq, I mean if we are to belive your friends like maslo here then the whole Iraq war was a ruthless capitalist enterprise, you should love that..

Offline Thrawn

• Platinum Member
War
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2004, 10:16:35 PM »
Grun, what's it like not being right all the time...or hardly at all?

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
War
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2004, 10:45:25 PM »
I'm still waiting for Maslo to tell us who can better teach the Iraqis about freedom. How about it Maslo? Or is this just gonna be a hit and run?
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.