Author Topic: How to get a high rank  (Read 28174 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #255 on: January 09, 2004, 01:25:29 PM »
Beet ... you can't see the forest thru the trees.

The issue at hand, is with your observation/whine. You (and only you really subscribe to this) have labeled a subset of planes as EasyMode™ and if one were to score at least one kill within this subset, there accompishments and abilities are negated. Bollocks I say.

Some people are calling you on it (Steve in particular) and you are dodging all over the place ... as usual.

Again, I tell you this with all seriousness ... if you or I die to any of these so-called EasyMode™ planes, it is our fault that we died and not the abilities of the EasyMode™ plane that killed us.

Why can't you grasp this concept ? What instances or examples can you provide that would explain that any of your deaths to any of these EasyMode™ planes, wasn't directly attributed to something you did wrong.

Never ever have I been killed by one of these EasyMode™ planes that wasn't directly related to something that I did wrong.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Icer

• Nickel Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #256 on: January 09, 2004, 01:37:28 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
... if you or I die to any of these so-called EasyMode™ planes, it is our fault that we died and not the abilities of the EasyMode™ plane that killed us.

Nope, when I die I always check and its an EasyMode™ plane/Vehicle/Ack that gets me evey time..

:rofl
Win11 Pro 23H2/ Asus Z790-PLUS D4, / i9-13900KF @5.8Gz, 64GB DDR4 @3192mhz / 2TB M.2 NvMe Boot Drive, Zotac Gaming GeForce 4090 - 546.33 drivers/ 3 Samsung 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz  / TIR 5/ TM Warthog HOTAS w/VirPil stick base/ MFG V3 Pedals/ TM MFDs on 8" Lilliputs/ Simgears ICP/ Varjo Aero VR

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
How to get a high rank
« Reply #257 on: January 09, 2004, 01:59:58 PM »
beetle has 1/2 a point, and saying he's got no point at all is as false as his dodging.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #258 on: January 09, 2004, 03:12:24 PM »
was gonna write something, but  what would it really accomplish?
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
How to get a high rank
« Reply #259 on: January 09, 2004, 03:15:55 PM »
That isnt the statment I sited.  You went on to state the coorilation between flying the big 3 or 4,  as a relevent factor in the top 100, placing enphasis on characterizing it as resorting to those planes to do it.  Its relevence to the top 100, is negated by several other statistics.  The primary being that they are in fact the most used planes, but have been shown to been used so little by some of those 100 that they were irrelevent to their ranking.  If their use was such a small percentage of their total tour statistics, that it could not significantly affect their rank, then it follows they would have been in the top 100 regardless of the most popular planes.

That does not change the fact that they flew one the most popular planes at least once.  However it does show that substantal use of those plane is not coorilated with their individual rank placement.  

I feel you are in effect saying that you waited in the lobby of the building, and all the people comming through the front door were folding umbrellas.  Instead of concluding it is raining outside, you say nobody gets in the building without an umbrella.  When in fact the umbrella is inconsequental to the act of walking through the front door.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
How to get a high rank
« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2004, 03:16:40 PM »
Originally posted by killnu
was gonna write something, but  what would it really accomplish?
~S~

Entertainment for the rest of us?

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #261 on: January 09, 2004, 05:11:18 PM »
Oh, Geeeezzz... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Look, Slapshot - we have private emailed in the past. I cannot believe you are as idiotic as you're pretending to be right now, especially as what you do for a living is not a million miles distant from what I did.

Now get this through your thick skull. I'm not concerned about how many times I died to these planes. And I'm not concerned about how often I kill them. Though if you look at my career stats you'll see that I kill them more than they kill me. That is not the issue here. I'm NOT dodging all over the place as usual. I made a VERY SIMPLE statement. I will repeat it yet again. PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ AND COMPREHEND. And that statement is: "I had been trying to interpret the MA scores yet another way. And that is to locate a player whose fighter rank was better than mine and who did not fly the Easymode/Big Three subset of P51/LA7/Spit ix, because I never do. And what did I find? I couldn't find a single pilot who ranked higher than me who didn't fly one, two, or all three of those planes." Now I think you'll agree, that's a very simple statement. Forget about personal stats, playing styles... I'm not dodging all over the place as usual... I made a very simple statement. And so far we have found only ONE player - Tarmac - who has proved to be the exception to the rule.

Murdr - I see that you too bypassed comprehension lessons. You said "Fortunatly the other posters here have demonstrated their deep knowlege of the game, so it would be a further waste of my time to explain common knowlege, (something you would not recognize if it fell on you.)" WTF has this issue got to do with a "deep knowledge of the game", FFS? We're talking about freaking stats! And anyone who has a basic command of numeracy can read the score sheets. That's ALL we're talking about here. We're not talking about play styles, we're not talking about maps, we're not talking about gunnery. I said what I said, and I'll say it YET AGAIN because some people seem a bit thick and cannot grasp the point: "I had been trying to interpret the MA scores yet another way. And that is to locate a player whose fighter rank was better than mine and who did not fly the Easymode/Big Three subset of P51/LA7/Spit ix, because I never do. And what did I find? I couldn't find a single pilot who ranked higher than me who didn't fly one, two, or all three of those planes." Read, understand, assimilate, inwardly digest... but DO NOT come back here spouting about a "deeper understanding of the game". It's a very simple statement, and therefore should be well suited to your own mental faculties.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2004, 05:24:14 PM »
never?

i think we might find a sortie or 2 in a spit by you. and you seem to like the big easy-mode CHog. as well as some easy-mode 109's. ;)

according to innominates stats page you're 197-104 in a spit9. 480-159 in a ponyd. 7-13 in a la7.  in them, mind you, not versus them.

i think if you started to fly them "big-4" easymoders you'd find it's not as simple to get a high fighter rank as you posit. it's a combination of many variables, not just the hard-coded stats variables. altho' the stats in some ways do reflect these personal variables.

your statement has been shown to be statistically incorrect. the mere fact that one might have flown only *1* sortie in one of these planes shouldn't exclude them. i'd say if their total nbr of kills in these planes is less than 3% it'd be a valid refutation of your claim.

fess up, you're just frustrated no one is recognizing your greatness. :eek:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 06:10:14 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #263 on: January 09, 2004, 05:36:42 PM »
beet, when i first read you post on the "easymode" planes, i thought you meant them as your main ride.  but since you mean, if you fly them once( ie "resorted" to them)  you were right.  but your statement doestn really mean squat tho.  if you take the 8 kills i had in a spit9/la7 away from the 1000+ i had, i still woulda been in the top 20 fiter.  so, it is very possible for a player to not fly the "easymode" planes and score in the top 100 fiter.  one does not "need" to resort to one of those to score a top 100 fiter rank.  can we agree on that?
~S~
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #264 on: January 09, 2004, 05:50:04 PM »
and risk destroying his argument?  are you crazy?!?

:rofl
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798
Truth doesn't need exaggeration.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #265 on: January 09, 2004, 06:17:31 PM »
Thanks for the insult beet ... <>

"I couldn't find a single pilot who ranked higher than me who didn't fly one, two, or all three of those planes."

Like I said before ...

[size=8]SO WHAT !!![/size]
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #266 on: January 09, 2004, 06:24:01 PM »
Take your meds slapshot:D  Your missing the point of argument here.

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #267 on: January 09, 2004, 06:28:11 PM »
Originally posted by XtrmeJ
Take your meds slapshot:D  Your missing the point of argument here.

Nah ... sippin' on a good Cabernet right now ...  no meds.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Offline XtrmeJ

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #268 on: January 09, 2004, 06:31:13 PM »
ahh I see. You gonna be in MA tonight slap, or patrolling the boards until you are passed out with the cabernet in your hand? If so give me a hollar. Will prob be rideculing newbs on chan 1 :D

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #269 on: January 09, 2004, 06:54:37 PM »
Good evening, bananas one and all. :D Shane, I am disappointed in you. "and risk destroying his argument? are you crazy?!?" WHAT argument? I made a statement in which I commented upon an observation about various scores/stats. There was no argument. You're an apprentice dolt.

Killnu. You don't need to fly EasyMode™ planes. Like Tarmac and Kosk, you could get into the top 100 easily, without recourse to EasyMode™ planes. Let's see you do it next tour. :)

Slapshot said "Thanks for the insult beet ... <>" To which I say... you're welcome, have a nice day! :lol As for your "so what", I say so what? I made an observation, that's all. Do I have to qualify it? If your wife comments on the bouquet of the Cabernet you're drinking, do you say "so what"? Hmm? Now get back to the MA. You need more practice in that LA7.  :rolleyes: BTW, which Cabernet were you drinking? I prefer the Chilean Merlots myself. And maybe a good Syrah (old world Shiraz).

Murdr - I said what I said, and...

... oh Geez, what's the use... :(:rolleyes: