Author Topic: How to get a high rank  (Read 26883 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #390 on: January 13, 2004, 10:32:03 AM »
No, I'm not going to fly around in a Stang or LA7 for a month just to make a point.

This is a study in hypocracy.  You'll make a point about these planes, yet won't establish any experience in them to lend any validity to your claim.  So, what you're really saying is: "I don't have to do anything just to make a point to make my points have merit."

You need to delete anything you've ever said about La7 or P51 being Easymode.  Not only do you have very little knowledge of these planes in the MA, you overtly refuse to garner said knowledge; rendering any statement you make regarding flying them completely bereft of hard evidence to support it.

All male brits are effeminate poofters.  I know this because I met one once.  I don't need to meet any more Brits just to make a  point.
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #391 on: January 13, 2004, 10:39:47 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
This is a study in hypocracy.  You'll make a point about these planes, yet won't establish any experience in them to lend any validity to your claim.  So, what you're really saying is: "I don't have to do anything just to make a point to make my points have merit."

You need to delete anything you've ever said about La7 or P51 being Easymode.  Not only do you have very little knowledge of these planes in the MA, you overtly refuse to garner said knowledge; rendering any statement you make regarding flying them completely bereft of hard evidence to support it.

All male brits are effeminate poofters.  I know this because I met one once.  I don't need to meet any more Brits just to make a  point.

I must really suck cause I keep dying on the 7, the 51 and the spit.  Is there anything easyer I can try?  Maybe a 38?
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #392 on: January 13, 2004, 11:11:29 AM »
Beet, old chum, you remind me of StSanta and his "Denmark has free education for all!" threads.

The restaurant water was not free. The restaurant paid some government entity for the water in all probability. This cost was included in the price of the other menu items.

There is no "free". Somebody pays, just like the taxpayers in Denmark.

You're welcome.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
How to get a high rank
« Reply #393 on: January 13, 2004, 11:13:06 AM »

Steve, he has been saying all along that the only validation he needs is a statistic interpreted to his liking, while disregarding any facts that disagree:) So I thought it was a study in selective reasoning ;)

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
How to get a high rank
« Reply #394 on: January 13, 2004, 11:24:49 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
Murdr - I don't know what you're talking about. All this umbrella nonsense. Try to stay on topic.

beet1e-I dont know what you're talking about all this water nonsense.  Try to stay on topic.  Water is probably a bad direction to go anyways.  After all you points dont seem to hold....Oh, never mind.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #395 on: January 13, 2004, 11:32:52 AM »
Steve, I think you meant hypocrisy, but let me try to answer.

We've talked about that night in WB when I got the 27 kills. And you were quick to point out that it didn't make me an expert. Agreed. I never claimed to be an expert; I just said that I found it easy - 27 kills in an evening, and never getting pinged once.

Urchin said to you that there's a reason that the Big3 plane subset forms the leading choice for so many players. And we all know what that reason is. What do you think the reason is, Steve?

Let's look at Mr. Toad's statement about water... "Water is NOT free. " Quite correct, with very few exceptions hardly worth mentioning. That glass of water in a restaurant may be free at the point of sale to the customer, but not free to the restaurant - not to mention the water that would be needed to wash the glass afterwards. So if instead of gently yanking Mr. Toad's chain I had said "YOU ARE WRONG! I could have put a bucket of water outside on Sunday night, and by now it would be full of water for which I would not have to pay, so that blows your argument out of the water", well then I would be starting to sound like Shane when, on account of a whole 9 people in the top 100 of tour 47 not having flown the Big3, he rebutted my observation that "no-one, with very few exceptions, gets into the top 100 without having flown the Big3". Murdr went even further. He said I was "flat out wrong"! Turns out that my observation was quite correct in 91 out of 100 cases. He also said I would be ignored - but my initial post in this thread has led to about another four pages of the thread!!!

So I am pretty convinced that were I to go ahead with any sort of month long challenge, then regardless of how I did, some sort of spin would be applied to suggest that I had cheated, or had deliberately gone against easy opponents, or had otherwise entered into the challenge with some other form of favourable circumstances. I KNOW what it would be like, after all those "there's no fights on the pizza map" threads. I went to great lengths to post films which prove that the reverse is true, but all that happened is that guys like Rude & Nopoop tried to redefine what constitutes a "fight". Same sort of thing would happen if I did the Shane challenge, and I'm not about to waste a month of my life to find out what I already know.

Why should I delete the remarks I have made about the Big3? Don't you come from that vast bastion of freedom of speech, the USA? are you trying to have me gagged? Of course, you're free to disagree with anything I say, just as I'm free to disagree with folks who say there are no fights on the pizza map, and the people who refuse to accept that more than 90% of people in the top 100 for tour 47 flew the Big3.

EasyMode™! EasyMode™! EasyMode™!

"They laughed when I told them I was going to be a comedian. They're not laughing now!" - Bob Monkhouse

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #396 on: January 13, 2004, 11:36:28 AM »
Originally posted by beet1e
And yet when I got 27 kills in an evening's play in a P51 and claimed it was easy, someone (Steve) said I couldn't claim to be an expert on the strength of one evening - and I didn't hear you disagree, even though then, as now, I wasn't talking to you.

This is for you beetle..

As a P-51 dweeb myself for these 3 and a half years,  i can claim the P-51 as a very easy plane to get kills in "IF" flown smart.  Stay fast and know the fights you go into and you wont have any trouble landing 8-9-10-11 kill sorties.  

Thats all.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #397 on: January 13, 2004, 11:49:57 AM »
Don't delete them.  At least post a disclaimer:  "I could be stating things that have no basis in fact, and not at all based on experience."

Beet, do you feel so inferior in life that you have to make a point to illuminate everyone's typo's and misspellings?  Spin this any way you want you, but it's petty.

So I am pretty convinced that were I to go ahead with any sort of month long challenge, then regardless of how I did, some sort of spin would be applied to suggest that I had cheated, or had deliberately gone against easy opponents, or had otherwise entered into the challenge with some other form of favourable circumstances.

Blah blah blah not going to do anything to support my assertions blah blah blah.

EasyMode™! EasyMode™! EasyMode™!

Effeminate poofter Effeminate poofter  Effeminate poofter.

So I thought it was a study in selective reasoning

Well Murdr, I just can't find any reasoning in his post re Easymode.  all I can find is a haphazardly made statement w/ no data to support it; not even a logical sequence of thought to show it could be a reasonable opinion

Offline Rude

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #398 on: January 13, 2004, 11:52:38 AM »
C'mon guys...I'm certain Beetle is a good man...he's just wound a little too tight and is caught up in the analysis of life rather than in the living of it.

He feels superior to others who do not fit his philosophy of flight.

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #399 on: January 13, 2004, 11:57:45 AM »
Wld, you make my point for me.  You have spent 3 and 1/2 years flying the pony, so your opinion has merit.  Whereas Beetle is discussing that which he knows little about.

Stay fast and know the fights you go into and you wont have any trouble landing 8-9-10-11 kill sorties.

You mean to say " ....and I  won't have any trouble landing 8-9-10-11 kill sorties."
 You may not have trouble, but almost everyone else does.  There are plenty of 51 pilots that try to land those kinds of missions, yet very few do.  Why?  Well, I submit it's simply because you are a better MA pilot than them.  If everyone would have no trouble, there's be lots of people doing it. How many 51 pilots regularly approach thses kinds of numbers?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #400 on: January 13, 2004, 12:15:33 PM »
You mean to say " ....and I  won't have any trouble landing 8-9-10-11 kill sorties."
 You may not have trouble, but almost everyone else does.  There are plenty of 51 pilots that try to land those kinds of missions, yet very few do.  Why?  Well, I submit it's simply because you are a better MA pilot than them.  If everyone would have no trouble, there's be lots of people doing it. How many 51 pilots regularly approach thses kinds of numbers?

I was merely pointing out what beetle said about getting 27 kills in one evening,  he may know how to fly "right"..  

Well of course there are quite a few reasons people may not get those high kills in the P-51..  One of being patience,  if you cant be patient enough before swooping down and Cherrying or BnZ'ing that plane you will get slow eventually and die.  Knowing where to fly is also another key,  you want to pick a base that has about the same number of friendlies as cons..  Having the right squaddies can sometimes help but having no squaddies at all is better..  What i mean by this is you dont have to care about anyones 6 other than your own.  Just following some rules in flying will help you get more kills,  and having some flight time under your belt doesnt hurt either.

BTW all these rules i gave,  i used them during my score whoring month back in January or Feb 2003 :D

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #401 on: January 13, 2004, 12:32:45 PM »
...he may know how to fly "right"..

Right, but since it's one night, one can reasonably assert that it does not establish him as an authority on the subject.  It could be that this would be the norm for him,  but we just don't know.  Were he to put up such remarkable numbers over the course of a month, I think that would establish him as one who knows what he is talking about.  Since he has objected to such a test, I drew the conclusion that he fears being exposed as incorrect.

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #402 on: January 13, 2004, 12:35:57 PM »
Well ...  Since he usually flies LW planes(Right?),  do they not too require "smart" flying,  similar to flying a P-51?

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #403 on: January 13, 2004, 12:38:14 PM »
Ya, I think he flies the 109.  

Sidebar:  When ya goin to the DA next?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
How to get a high rank
« Reply #404 on: January 13, 2004, 12:48:45 PM »
Well if he flies the 109,  and the 109 requires same flying methods,  does he not pass the test? :)

Right now if you wish ;)  Doing nothing but reading bbs..
« Last Edit: January 13, 2004, 12:51:13 PM by WldThing »