Author Topic: I am starting to not think Bush is the right man for the Job.  (Read 1381 times)

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
I am starting to not think Bush is the right man for the Job.
« on: January 08, 2004, 10:37:32 AM »
I have been giving this allot of thought.

He done nothing to help gun owners of this nation. That is an important issue to me. He even said he would sign the assault weapon ban if it came across his desk.

His stance on illegal just sucks. The idea of giving amnesty to a bunch of people who came here illegally is wrong. I think the immigration system needs to be revised, so the companies that use illegals can bring as many in as they need on work visas with a background check. Then we can close the border for real security. The way bush is doing it is a joke.

He locked up a US citizen for months with no trial or charges. That’s scary and wrong.

I am torn on the war in IRAQ, I think it would have been better if we had not gone. I do not think they really where a big threat.  Now that we are there I dread us pulling out before the job is done right.

There is more but I am a bit short of time.

The worst part of it all is I have no one else to vote for. It looks like the Dems are going to put up Dean, and I do not respect him, he can barely act like an adult, and I do not think he is the best the dems can do. But we are going to be stuck with him I bet. I will not vote for him.

Damnit I do not want to vote for Bush either.  

Well I guess it’s flame on time….

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 10:44:40 AM »
I also will not vote for Bush again, some different reasons than you.

I look at all the changes the country has gone through with security and have realized the terrorists have won. Our way of life is changing, I'm not saying we are a police state but I feel a definate move in that direction.

I don't see much potential with any of the candidates at this point and I doubt that will change.

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 10:54:24 AM »
Narsus
 What do see has changed with the homeland security stuff? I think it is all a farce. With a border as open as our southern one we are not safe...

Still I would love to hear more of your reasons.

I am really down, that we have no good choice in the coming election, I am not sure what I will do if Dean gets the nomination. He sucks just as bad as Bush if not worse.

This is going to sound like blasphemy... But I am starting to Miss Clinton, other then him being an immoral scum bag, and fairly anti gun, he was not THAT bad.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 11:00:09 AM »
Welcome Brothers! I have been singing this tune since 1994. Just do a little research into his former business dealings and you will get a better perspective on who GWB really is and what his motives really are.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline narsus

• Silver Member
      • http://www.blueknightsdvb.com
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 11:09:59 AM »
Well I think any law or creation of an agency that gives the government more power we should all be very wary of. The "government" on the whole isn't interested in us IMO, but in consolidating it's own power.

How soon till the department of homeland security starts putting people away for something not to do with homeland security.

Granted currently none of the new laws have affected me personally, but how long till one does? The prisoners in Cuba, what rights do they have, if they are going to be detained indefinately where is the "justice" in that. They haven't been given a trial by the U.S. or the international community.

The war in Iraq was pretty much a waste of time and soldiers, there are far worse things in this world than Saddam Hussein.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 11:10:17 AM »
Originally posted by narsus
I look at all the changes the country has gone through with security and have realized the terrorists have won. Our way of life is changing, I'm not saying we are a police state but I feel a definate move in that direction.

Wow, excellent point... I had not put it in thoughts like that for myself... Perhaps they have not yet 'won', but our country has changed...
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Charon

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 11:11:01 AM »
The worst part of it all is I have no one else to vote for. It looks like the Dems are going to put up Dean, and I do not respect him, he can barely act like an adult, and I do not think he is the best the dems can do. But we are going to be stuck with him I bet. I will not vote for him.

It's really a drag, isn't it. It comes down to which respective party will screw you over less as it works towards its own, bought and paid for agenda.  A [serious] campaign finance reform candidate like John McCain would get my vote regardless of the rest of his/her political platform. [Not that the candidate would have much hope of success, even if elected...Arrgh]

Charon

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Re: I am starting to not think Bush is the right man for the Job.
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 11:15:12 AM »
Originally posted by GtoRA2

Damnit I do not want to vote for Bush either.  

move to canada...or try get a multi party system put in place

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 11:17:01 AM »
Put down that Al Franken book, he has you wrapped around his little finger....  :lol

Oh yea and whatever you do, don't vote - not for any of them from any party.

Offline Tarmac

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 11:24:50 AM »
Even if you hold your nose at the alternative, my logic tells me that it's better to give a new, untested guy a chance than it is to give my support to a guy I know I won't like based on his previous job performance.

The new candidate is a gamble, the current President is a sure loser.  For me, it's not hard to figure out which one to go for.

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: I am starting to not think Bush is the right man for the Job.
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 11:25:05 AM »
Originally posted by vorticon
move to canada...or try get a multi party system put in place

No thnx and keep out!..We have enough illegals over here.
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 11:27:19 AM »
Grun
 The franken book did not mention any of the things I did but the war on Iraq. I did not mention any of it since I have not had the time to look into many of the disturbing things he had to say about Bush. Bush is a train wreck even from a conservitive point of view if you are not blind.

Offline Saurdaukar

• Plutonium Member
      • Army of Muppets
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 11:28:29 AM »
How is Bush responsible for the change our country has undergone post 9/11?

I think our way of life would have changed no matter who was in the Oval Office - I dont think its at all related to the President.

Offline vorticon

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: I am starting to not think Bush is the right man for the Job.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 11:28:57 AM »
Originally posted by SirLoin
No thnx and keep out!..We have enough illegals over here.

if i wanted to emigrate to USA i would go about it properly...

luckily for you i dont

Offline GtoRA2

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 11:29:01 AM »
I would never abandon my country. As much as I think it has issues, I just love it to much to go to a place like Canada..

I do not know how to say "aye" in every sentence either.