Author Topic: i used to think all the countrys used the same tactics but how wrong i m  (Read 8019 times)

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
i used to think all the countrys used the same tactics but how wrong i m
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2004, 12:11:09 PM »
Gloating in a yak....

heh...

next thing you know well have people complaining about how people dont turn and burn with zeros...

btw the yak is hands down one of the best air to air rides in the game..

Excellent speed , excellent view (best attribute imo) acceleration...  only thing that plane is lacking are ammo duration and fuel endurance..

It bleeds e like a siv when manuevering hard (enabling out radii turning in stallfight) and retains e thru engine power when pushed at low g.

Anyone else want to tack on some more feel free..

Fly a p40b or 110 etc.. then you may complain ...

And on a side note all sides altmonkey and quite honestly what wrong with putting your plane in its prefered alt...

p51 and dora are best above 10k Niks, zekes , and other bottom feeders are better down low...

Jeeze the learning curve.........

Have a happy day..

:)

DoctorYO
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 12:18:01 PM by DoctorYO »

Offline T1loady

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2004, 12:12:39 PM »
Ok, I had to add something else. Fight or flight...  I usually fly with a wingman, but when I dont have a buddy with me. I am a lot  less willing to engage and bandit unless the cards are staked way in my favor.  I am trying to work on the fact that I have like 200 sorties and 35 or so landings.  I get so tired of 1v1 with a guys,  Drags me all the way to the gorund, I get the kill only to get pounced by a dude that was 5 miles behind him.  I know that in this game you can go right back to the tower and hop into another plane, but isnt there something to be said for landing at the end of a flight.  If I climb up and get some altitude it gives me more options. Fight or flight.... You only had one life in WW2....  I dont pick a fight with a dude I know will kick my asz..   I guess I am an Alt monkey....  

SkipNutz
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 12:15:11 PM by T1loady »

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2004, 12:18:55 PM »
LOL steve I wish you were that easy in the MA.  Crap the DA or anywhere else the planes are strapped on for that matter.

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2004, 12:33:53 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
WOW lol I thought I was the only one this happend to.  Yeah whats up Rooks, why do you guys hate the 1 v 1 some much?:D

Heh. I'm a Rook, and I'm sometimes reduced to begging for 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 fights from you other two countries. There've been times when I'd fly to the edge of a gaggle of Bish or Nits and call out over ch1 some volunteers to fight. I'll even politely ask if they'll limit the number to no more than 3 at a time (cause I suck). Heheheh, it's like ducks on a junebug. I really don't think the alt-monkey, gang-bang penom is unique to Rooks. C'mon, you all know it istn't. I'm not sayin Rooks don't do it. I'm sayin all three countries have their fair share.

slim03

p.s. I fly a pony most times, and I usually don't run, and I aint the only pony driver who doesn't. Tired of some people painting with a broad brush.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2004, 12:34:38 PM »
Originally posted by T1loady
I dont pick a fight with a dude I know will kick my asz..  
SkipNutz

IMO, the fastest way to get better is to fight those guys. Most of 'em are willing to help you, too. Ya just don't seem to get better from taking the easy fights.

I mean vultching is the easiest kill there is, essentially. Does it make you better? Not really.. you don't learn anything.

Engage. Have fun. It's a game.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2004, 12:39:49 PM »
first off i made this thread because in my 3 last nights playing iv been with my squad fighting the rooks and almost everthing was high

whats been geting to me is how you guys never fight it realy dont matter in anyplane i fly they just try to run  they only fight when there 5k above me

heck iv watched spitfires try to run from me and P38's and many other's

but the most funny thing was i saw a 10k goon no kidding and what was he a rook
known as Arctic in the main

Offline simshell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2004, 12:45:25 PM »
Originally posted by TequilaChaser
simshell,
what about the 5 vs 1 only time they'll fight ya
or the tactic of  300+ rooks storming the bish &/or knits and trying do a reset:rofl

still  :rofl   over last sunday nights RJO :lol

2 nights ago i set the record for the biggest gangbang it was 28 planes going after me

and what were they rooks
known as Arctic in the main

Offline T1loady

• Copper Member
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2004, 12:50:05 PM »
Originally posted by T1loady
I dont pick a fight with a dude I know will kick my asz..   I guess I am an Alt monkey....  

SkipNutz

Hey Toad,  I ment in real life.  I wont pick a fight with a guy the is 6'6 and 300 pounds,  i was trying to make a point.  In the game I fly way to agressive and never land kills.  Last night for example, I had 5+ sorites with 4 or more kills that I should have RTB'd with but got stupid and tried to get "just one more"  

SkipNutz

Offline Pooh21

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2004, 12:51:05 PM »
A 28k dweeb from that Rook pony squad once called me an alt monkey cause I was a 30k P47.

I learned something from back in the day of RPGs on the nintendo, if you always run you never get any better and then comes a time when you cant run, then you die.
Bis endlich der Fiend am Boden liegt.
Bis Bishland bis Bishland bis Bishland wird besiegt!

Offline ra

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2004, 12:53:13 PM »
Tour 47 stats:

"The Rooks have 131463 kills and have been killed 108826 times against the Bishops."

"The Rooks have 125289 kills and have been killed 119946 times against the Knights."

I'm a country potato so I have no loyalty at all, but the only thing different I notice about Rooks is that they hardly ever have missions.  Every country has alt dweebs and gang bangers and La/niki/spit hordes.

ra

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2004, 12:56:45 PM »
Originally posted by Rude
Do I really have to explain everything to you people?

The bestest most talented fighter doods occupy the 20k to 30k alt belt....the rest of us are quakers.

Have you no shame, man?  Quit talking up the 13th like that!  :p
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2004, 01:09:46 PM »
Actually us Rooks perfur to fly our C-47's at 50k plus  simshell
What the hell that one was doing down at 10k I have no idea (he musta been a newbie ) :aok
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2004, 01:15:19 PM »
MotorOil said ... Guy with altitude dictates the battle.

Not necessarily.

Too many times I have baited down a higher plane and got them to bleed their E down to a point that they became trapped. I dictated the fight by creating angles that spoiled the guns solution on the attack run, all the while causing the attacker to lose precious E on each pass.

But back to the thread ...

I agree.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2004, 01:31:58 PM »
Originally posted by Steve
Aww more crap from whiners. I can pull a beet1e if you want.  Post a couple of my recent flights as films, showing my 8-12k pony dodging high cons from either side(nits or bish). I've flown nits a couple of times this tour and had to dodge the same amount of bish  AND rooks.  You crybabies that think one side does this more than another are just that, crybabies.
Simshell, I'm a rook, tell me where to meet you, pick the alt.
I love playing AH!
Awwwww, Steve - you sound like you're still mad at me. Are you? We can still be friends. :):)

EasyMode™!

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2004, 01:39:25 PM »
Nah Beet, I just wanted to pull ya into the thread... what's a good roundy in here if you're not involved?!

:D

effeminate poofter
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 01:41:35 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve