Author Topic: i used to think all the countrys used the same tactics but how wrong i m  (Read 8131 times)

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
i used to think all the countrys used the same tactics but how wrong i m
« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2004, 08:44:29 PM »
Here ya go Simshell, my first flight of the night and oh my look what happens!!!

Notice Zippy's alt

Oh my what's next???  Look out a high Tempest!

Notice DmdRodan's alt.  Zippy has died, what an altmonkey!  

Wow, what could happen next?

Notice DmdRodan's alt now.  After catching a few of my bullets in the canopy, Rodan is forced to run home, landing 3 kills. What an alt monkey!  Oh look, Zippy has returned.  Look at his alt!

What could we have happen next?

Oh my, look at Mayhem's alt as he enters the fray!

What could happen next?

Here is Mayhem's alt as he exits the fray.  You can see his plane directly in my gunsight.  He vaporized.

So, it seems that there are altmonkeys all over, and this is my first flight of the evening.

Don't worry, all's well that ends well!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 08:57:59 PM by Steve »
Member: Hot Soup Mafia - Cream of Myshroom
Army of Muppets  Yes, my ingame name is Steve

Offline Cobra412

• Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2004, 08:46:10 PM »
I'll vary my alt depending on what I've seen in the AOR I'm flying in.  Most of the time I'll be at 15k or lower if I've got a wingman.  If I'm flying solo which I find I do more often than not lately I'll go no lower than 10k to avoid getting jumped by multiple fighters and shoved down even lower to even more fighters.

I have found that my primary plane does extremely well above 18k to 25k against others.  Plus atleast there if you run into someone it's only the two of you.  I've had very nice experiences up there with the 1 on 1 and 2 on 1 engagements.  Even though it does great lower than 15k I still prefer the higher alt engagements.  

I'm not gonna whine if someone is higher.  I've just failed to come in at a proper alt.  Plus I"m just hoping they'll pass on by and leave me alone at that stage.:D

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2004, 11:06:44 PM »
Steve ... has beet1e been tutoring u lately on the finer aspects of filmaking ... :D  

we all can produce films/pictures to show what we want inorder to prove a point.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2004, 11:16:28 PM »
Give Steve a hand best dang film I seen on here or clips there of!

noticed most time it was Rooks 11 to 5 knights, or rooks 8 to 6 knights or rooks 9 to 7 knights, or  low and behold rooks 18 to 7 knights with only 1 of the 7 in the last clip in a plane no less, and the funny comments about steamrolling in the txt buffer, I got to say these clips should win best funnys of the year!  Job Well Done!:aok :rofl

oh yeah, notice the speeds at which his 51 reached like when zippy was 515 heck Steve was not more than 50 mph slower as if he dove and gave up his alt for that speed? hmm something seems a foot here! :rofl

Good One Steve!
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2004, 11:16:39 PM »
Slapshot, well what is your point?  My point was to show that it's not just the rooks that fly high as simshell whined in this thread.
I think I made it.

Edit:  Btw Slapper, it was shane who gave me the tips on film stuff.   :)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 11:34:18 PM by Steve »

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2004, 11:21:07 PM »
oh yeah, notice the speeds at which his 51 reached like when zippy was 515 heck Steve was not more than 50 mph slower as if he dove and gave up his alt for that speed? hmm something seems a foot here!

just what the hell are you talking about? I merged w/ zippy a couple of times, then he went away.  What the hell is your point?

noticed most time it was Rooks 11 to 5 knights, or rooks 8 to 6 knights or rooks 9 to 7 knights, or low and behold rooks 18 to 7 knights with only 1 of the 7 in the last clip in a plane no less, and the funny comments about steamrolling in the txt buffer, I got to say these clips should win best funnys of the year! Job Well

Again, what the hell are you talking about?  Are you stoned?  This thread isn't about numbers you tard, it's about alt.  Geezus, is your comprehension level that low?  Or are you just desperately trying to find a way to spew totally irrelevent sarcasm?  Grab $.50 and head for the corner boy, with any luck a clue bus will be along and give you a ride

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2004, 11:24:52 PM »
you did make a point of showing others fly with a good amount of alt!

good one:aok
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2004, 11:28:27 PM »
Nah Stevey I just wanted to get ya nerved :D  wasn't trying to stress any point  and seriously some nice film clips

Offline Steve

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2004, 11:33:29 PM »
Lol Tequila. that is the second time(edit: today) someone got me to swallow the whole derned lure... wtg.

Gonna need surgery to get these things outta my throat.

Good one.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 11:42:27 PM by Steve »

Offline DYGCaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2004, 11:33:43 PM »
You crybabies that think one side does this more than another are just that, crybabies.

Nuff Said.

Offline TheManx

• Copper Member
      • http://4wingonline.com
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2004, 12:57:14 AM »
Slapshot, regarding the quote below:

Too many times I have baited down a higher plane and got them to bleed their E down

How many times have you done it to someone of equal skill and smacked them around? I can draw newbies into my fight easy enough, but get someone on the top end of the food chain and things get a bit dicey.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2004, 04:31:41 AM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
Steve ... has beet1e been tutoring u lately on the finer aspects of filmaking ... :D  

we all can produce films/pictures to show what we want inorder to prove a point.
LOL! No, Beet1e has been sucking wind in a 109G6 versus Spit V and C205 in the CT. Would you believe it, I was just about to post to ask Steve why he hadn't posted the film, when I saw Slapshot's comment. :lol I was drinking coffee at the time, but luckily I'd put the cup down. :D

Actually, Slapshot, the best use of film is not to make a point, but to provide a rebuttal to someone else's point. Eg. "there are no fights on the pizza map"...

...speaking of which, is it Friday yet? :D

Offline HomeBoy

• Nickel Member
      • HomeBoy's Inventions
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2004, 08:16:13 AM »
This is the silliest thread I've read yet I do believe!

Ok, let me get this straight...

I shouldn't fly a Spit cause that makes me a Spit Dweeb.  (there's been plenty of threads about that)

I shouldn't fly LA7s because it so easy and can outrun everything else.  (plenty of threads about this too)

I shouldn't fly Niks or P38s because they are uber.  (these treads go on and on)

I shouldn't TnB because that's for beginners.  The real aces of the game BnZ.  (wars break out over this)

Now I'm being told I shouldn't fly P51s  or Doras because alt monkeys are cowards and don't want to fight.  Or maybe the idea here is that I should fly a Mustang as if it were a Spit or FM2.  Yeah, that makes a lot of sense!

It sounds to me like we have a lot of really bored people playing this game that should probably move on to something else.  As for me, I'm so average that I get excited just to fly a plane the way it's supposed to be flown and if I RTB in it that's a huge success story.

When I "arrive" and am so good that all I can do to bring some excitment to this game is criticize everyone else, I hope I'll have the discipline and grace to just quit and spare everyone the grief.

Like I said, this is truly the silliest thread I have read in a long while.
The Hay Street Boys

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2004, 08:54:12 AM »
Originally posted by TheManx
Slapshot, regarding the quote below:

How many times have you done it to someone of equal skill and smacked them around? I can draw newbies into my fight easy enough, but get someone on the top end of the food chain and things get a bit dicey.

Hey Manx <>

Haven't kept tally, but people of equal skill - don't really know.

People from the top end of the food chain - I would say very few.

The top end of the food chain would figure out what I was trying to do and most would probably bug out before they reached the point of no return or would have killed me on a nice snapshot or deflection shot while I was slow.

I hope that my original thread did not implyt that I was "smacking" them around. That was not the intent. The point was that it is not always the person with alt who dictates the fight.

The diceier the fight ... the better ... win or lose.

Oh ... that reminds me ... you owe me a couple of films !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2004, 09:06:36 AM »
Originally posted by Steve
Slapshot, well what is your point?  My point was to show that it's not just the rooks that fly high as simshell whined in this thread.
I think I made it.

Edit:  Btw Slapper, it was shane who gave me the tips on film stuff.   :)

The point is .... ummmm ... I forget !!!

I don't think that anyone has claimed that ALL Knights fly below 10K, which your snapshots showed so clearly. That would be ludicrious. Every country has its alt monkeys.

Maybe its a figament of my imagination, but it appears that the majority of rooks that I encounter (not ALL), are always extremely high, don't usually engage (maybe they are on a pork fuel run), and if they engage, its usually "one pass - haul prettythang". Again, I will repeat ... NOT ALL ROOKS exhibit these behavior.

There are alot of rooks who are "game" and love to fight ... JBs and FDBs come to mind. I think that the RJO, albeit succuessful, might have taught some bad habits to alot of rook players.

As far as the hooks ... I checked with all the guys and they use nothing but stainless ... infection should not be a problem. :D
SlapShot - Blue Knights