Author Topic: Hate it  (Read 3231 times)

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
Hate it
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2000, 07:22:00 PM »

Originally posted by bowser:
"...Mr. "I've Posted All of 26 Times Now Yet I Have No Problem Giving Those Who Know What They Are Talking About toejam....".

So the more often you post...the more knowledgeable about the game you are.  Hehe...good one.  

Saintaw, RAM & Ripsnort, get your arses in here...we need ya!  

SOB

BTW...I hate each and every one of you.  I won't be back at my computer until after New Years!  D'oh!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
Hate it
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2000, 08:04:00 PM »
Hey Dingy, do me a favor and don't post links to our site. I don't want people to think a moron such as yourself is a Pig.

I see very little constructive feedback in your posts. For starters, what res and color depth are you running at? What are the rest of your specs? WHAT ARE THE DETAILS???

So Bite me, dweeblet...and please, make my day by flaming me for how few posts I have here...lol...

To HTC: <S> now take some time off!

-Smut

------------------
XO, The squealing Pigs
 http://www.flyingpigs.com
"Oink! Oink! To War!"

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Hate it
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2000, 08:50:00 PM »
Smut...bite me.  You want my machine specs GO CHECK THE BUG PAGE WHERE I POSTED THE PROBLEMS!   Point of the post here was that the game is unplayable and to propose some alternatives to avoid this clusterf*ck next time....not to post machine specs!

As far as posting your weblink link...fahgit about it.  Replies like yours are even more childish than my rants!  The link stays up there!

Although you all may have problems with my posting my thoughts here, I'm sorry.  Its not going to change the way I feel.  HTC do a great job 95% of the time and can have all the time off they want...after they get the game to the same playable level for us or decide to give us another 2 weeks free trial during this beta period!  

-Ding

[This message has been edited by Dingy (edited 12-26-2000).]

Offline Glasses

• Silver Member
Hate it
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2000, 09:00:00 PM »
Dingy great idea  I think this should happen hence we need a test before the  big crapola comes over like this throwing this down our throats like this .

------------------
Glasses---I may have 4 eyes ,but you only have one wing.

Offline Smut

• Copper Member
Hate it
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2000, 09:17:00 PM »

Originally posted by Dingy:
Smut...bite me.  You want my machine specs GO CHECK THE BUG PAGE WHERE I POSTED THE PROBLEMS!   [This message has been edited by Dingy (edited 12-26-2000).]

Let's see...you posted three bugs in the bug section, only one of which had *partial*  specs. You claim to be a "software developer" yet you seem to have no idea how to post a bug report in manner that would be useful to the programers. lol...

For example...what res? What color depth? etc, etc...come on, Mr. Developer...surely you know the drill.

Point of the post here was that the game is unplayable and to propose some alternatives to avoid this clusterf*ck next time....not to post machine specs!

Do tell...where exactly in your original post do you "propose some alternatives"?

Enlighten me.

As far as posting your weblink link...fahgit about it. Replies like yours are even more childish than my rants! The link stays up there!

How is my reply to your original rant "childish"? I made a simple request, and I stated my reason. You are not a Pig, and will never be one...somehow, I get the feeling that me saying that really toasts your ass. So be it.

Your ranting serves no useful purpose.

IMHO, that is.

-Smut

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
Hate it
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2000, 09:28:00 PM »
LOL!! I love the attention!  These flamewars are great for extinguishing game frustrations!!  

I gave the amount of info I figured they would need to get the bugs fixed.  No more, no less than other bug reports I've filed for previous versions.  ALSO...I dont seem to have any less info than anyone else posting bugs.  Funny thing there....previous bugs happened to get fixed without too much difficulty by HTC.  Do you figure things are going to be different this time around???

Yer right.  I didnt post a realistic alternative in my first post.  Took me 2 posts to suggest that we implement a testing server to allow those who want the new version to play it while letting those who want stability have that too.  Sorry your limited attention span missed that.

Your rant was childish cause you posted on this board with as much emotional discourse as I did in some of my posts.  I may not have been right in doing so but then neither were you.  And ROFL about being in the Flying Pigs...some of the pigs who fly AH are great guys...<S> Leph, Wrek and Eagl.  But as far as wanting to be one, Im just fine as I am...33rd to the core.  

Ya know its funny...the majority of these heated posts against my opinions are coming from guys who log limited flight hours in AH.  Go figure?

-Ding

[This message has been edited by Dingy (edited 12-26-2000).]

Offline hazed-

• Gold Member
      • http://combatarena.users.btopenworld.com
Hate it
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2000, 10:12:00 PM »
dingy i understand your frustrations and the test server and old version(.04) server is a great idea however, im not sure its easy for htc to run 2 versions on same system? i dont know.
I agree with what you say and i have been in the same position (when 1.03 came out i believe).I had lockups constantly until a patch fixed sound card issues.I was mad as hell but remember HTC would much prefer things to run smooth, I'd imagine it would be a dream come true if it all worked no problem.
I too hope your problems get sorted and i wouldnt worry about your specs, my friend runs a p500 TNT2 128mb SBlive and is getting 45fps average in cockpits (only 4-5 fps less than in 1.04 we think) as you know its hard to tell.the fleet causes slowdown but so did smoke when we first got it if you remember and it still does  
I think its some sort of incompatability with your drivers/hardware etc.
Also there was 76 bish 65 knits 67 rooks on when i was on and im sure this was causing hits on performance! ive never seen so many on myself.
hope to see you on soon dingy <S>

hazed

Offline 54Ed

• Zinc Member
Hate it
« Reply #37 on: December 26, 2000, 10:29:00 PM »
Ummm, I have a PIII 500 with VoodooIII, and Ver 1.05 runs just dandy on my puter.  No problem with frame rates, freezes, or anything.  I didn't see any bugs that caused me any problems.  

I did notice the icons disappear sometimes for short periods.  But that's no beef to me, I can still see the planes.  

I like it.  From what I heard over the radio while I was playing, the other 225 folks playing like it too.  But if there are problems, I'm sure HTC will put out an update quick.  It's not like they had an open beta to resolve these things prior to release.

I would like to see the next terrain update create a little more balance between the ground and naval games.  The island terrain is great for this update to encourage everyone to do the boat and ship thing.  The next terrain update should have some larger, divided land masses so tank wars don't go out of style.  Perhaps just like the last terrain before 1.05, but with ports so the fleets can sail around and attack the HQs from the sea?

Offline LePaul

• Platinum Member
Hate it
« Reply #38 on: December 26, 2000, 10:49:00 PM »
Smut, Dingy..everyone!  Mellow out!

Check this site out...
 http://www.growzan.com

This flame war is STILL going....

Paul

Offline easymo

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Hate it
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2000, 11:08:00 PM »
 On a scale of 10 I would give it a 5. Gunnery is improved. And that's a biggie with me.

On the other side. the first thing I look for in every ver., is to see if they fixed the screen freezing. Or at least posted what causes it. So I can fix it. No change there.

I don't care about boats and tanks, or anything else down there. So this ver. wasn't aimed at my type anyway. Ack hugging is ack hugging. Whether the ack is mobile, or not.

The terrain is a big step backwards. Looks like a version of the old WB diamond arena. Truly bland, And I cant turn off the hi rez shimmer to boot. That has always done strange things to my eyes.

Offline PropNut

• Copper Member
Hate it
« Reply #40 on: December 26, 2000, 11:10:00 PM »
   Im afraid that its just a fact of life that computers need to keep runnig faster and graphics cards better to keep up with better  and more detailed gameplay....its not just here but with any of the new games comming out.  My 450p2 with tnt2 ultra is just begining to signal to me that a change is due.  It wont be long unill 800MHz is minimum to run some of the better highly detailed games.  I read that with the advent of the new 30 nanometer transistors that Intel is forcasting a 10GHz chip by 2005 ,can you imagine the lifelike detail some games will have with that monster. So I guess I dont like spending money any more than the next guy but I have to seriously decide ,do I enjoy flight sims enough to be worth while?...my answer has always been yes and untill I say no ...I'll be upgrading every 1 1/2 to 2 years. As for the rest of the Game stuff HTC will work their usual magic with quick fixes,I have no concern there,where else have you seen a support group that can jump on things in minutes instead of months? not at brand wb thats for sure.. ...Keep up the good work HTC...some of us do actually appreciate it.

Offline bojc

• Zinc Member
Hate it
« Reply #41 on: December 26, 2000, 11:31:00 PM »
Yo Dingy you said:
"If you are a Warbirds vet great...theres alot of em in here but I dont know ya from AH. Sorry."

Apology accepted, now relax have a drink,
shake hands with Major HJ.

Thanks to all the pigs who spoke up, some 5 or 6 years ago Worr was my first trainer,
Oink oink to War...........

Salute drex....thanks DOC I owe ya a cold one.

Offline texace

• Silver Member
      • http://www.usmc.mil
Hate it
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2000, 12:23:00 AM »
Ok now....big group hug!!!

------------------
Lt. Col. Aaron "txace-" Giles of the 457th BG
    "Fait Accompli"

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
Hate it
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2000, 01:10:00 AM »
Framerate, no difference for me, hits when near carriers almost as much as it did near a field full of smoke.  

I notice alotta GeForce complaints...

I run V3 and don't have alotta the probs the nvidias seem to be having...

AKskurj

Offline jr

• Zinc Member
Hate it
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2000, 01:56:00 AM »
I don't see that much wrong with it.
the new acks are a big improvement.