Author Topic: Hate it  (Read 3233 times)

Offline blitz

• Silver Member
Hate it
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2000, 04:10:00 AM »
Hossa Dingy,

at least u shoot me down yesterday, didn't u  

Seriously, give it some time.

PS.Hate it when i killed all ack on a8 alone,
comin back w troops, landed on the runway,tried to get them troops out & total lockup after 1st soldier left the plane------
WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH  

Frosty1

Hate it
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2000, 05:03:00 AM »
Who the hell is bojc? I've never heard of him till this thread. Bojc, Dingy's opinion would be valued much more over yours any day of the week. Dunno if you remember Dingy, but back in beta me, you, and Terne got pissed off at each other over a kill. Ah...those were the days...beta...when it was free.   Ok, its 6 AM in the morning and I better log here before I get too OT. S!

------------------
===>Frosty
====>Exposure2k.com
=====>Frosty@exposure2k.com

Offline Dowding

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.psys07629.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/272/index.html
Hate it
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2000, 06:50:00 AM »
Why don't you all calm down? It seems a little OTT to start vehemently whining about the bugs less than 24 hours after the game was released, as if this is the final version. There was very little constructive criticism in the original post.

1) Post the problems in the bugs forum, explaining in detail what happened.
2) Wait a few days for HTC to take a look at it.
3) If you can't stand playing the game in its present form, take a break and do something else for a change. Then come back in a few days.

I don't mean to be patronising but you guys know the drill. I think we should all have a little patience - HTC has made loads of big changes with this release and it is inevitable that there will be a few teething troubles.

[This message has been edited by Dowding (edited 12-27-2000).]
War! Never been so much fun. War! Never been so much fun! Go to your brother, Kill him with your gun, Leave him lying in his uniform, Dying in the sun.

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Hate it
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2000, 07:03:00 AM »
bojc has been a Flight sim enthusiest for a long time. He has been flying in WB's for alot longer than I have been in flight sims. Just becuase you don't recognise the mans handle doesnt not justify that kind of reaction. That kind of welcome will do nothing but alienate folks and keep our community from growing. These flame wars are really pretty useless
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Ice

Hate it
« Reply #49 on: December 27, 2000, 08:31:00 AM »
Good Morning!

I respect Dingy's opinion...I think he is just frustrated...unlike the rest of us who only fly with big dumb grins on our faces. Perhaps alittle empathy might be in order?

I also know that HTC will do what needs to be done to ensure solid gameplay...they have a track record which speaks for itself.

Personally, I'm excited to see our sim improving...I know many who fly here who have been doing this alot longer than WB's vets, and they will tell you that in no other sim have we enjoyed such an agressive growth along with an ear bent our way from the developers.

I understand how Dingy feels. I also know what kind of pilot he is...he will make the adjustment and maybe go shopping too

Ltr

Ice

Offline Beegerite

• Copper Member
Hate it
« Reply #50 on: December 27, 2000, 08:33:00 AM »
Damn, scared the hell out of me!  Two threads I Luv It with 18 posts and Hate It with 48.  Looked like I was out in left field cause I think it's beautiful.  'Course I just launched the Mother Of All Puters but could it be so bad for so many.  Then I looked, only 3 actually said they don't like it.  The other 45 are either defending their position or telling the 3 that they're WRONNNGGG, LOL  Hang in there this will be fixed up pretty very soon.  
Beeg

Offline Thorns

• Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/computerpilot/
Hate it
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2000, 08:48:00 AM »
"All we are saying is give P..yro a chance!"
(Chanting)

Flame Wars are for kids,

Thorns

Pepino

Hate it
« Reply #52 on: December 27, 2000, 09:21:00 AM »
I disagree. Flamewars (if you look them frome some distance, with a cold beer and some popcorn) are really funny. Specially if you bear in mind the relative mature ages involved    

Flame on  

Pepe

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
Hate it
« Reply #53 on: December 27, 2000, 03:08:00 PM »
Dunno how people could miss Bojc in here...  He was the one hanging around with the huge drunk monkey at the AH con.  Just so we're all clear about what that means, Drex doesn't let just ANYONE call him a big drunk monkey so Bojc isn't exactly a newbie.

As for Pigs flying ACM, (ahem) maybe Drex would have preferred it if we had flown welded wing or spun at the merge a few times?  

In all seriousness, give the release a chance.  1.04 was porked beyond belief at release due to a database error, and I'm still sorry I didn't follow the official bug reporting procedure instead of loudly proclaiming the flight model "broken".  A week or two later, all was back to normal except for the B-17 which still did high G rudder only turns after the patch.  Oops, I forgot to report that...

Give it a chance, and in the meantime find someone online and keel them repeatedly.  Then shoot their chute.  Then vulch their field and hang out at the furball sector.  You'll feel much better, trust me  

------------------
eagl <squealing Pigs> BYA
Oink Oink To War!!!
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.