Author Topic: nightmare for a rook...  (Read 6301 times)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
nightmare for a rook...
« on: January 21, 2004, 08:25:50 AM »
6 rooks have seperated from the herd to chase down a lone knit... they have him low and down on energy and are booming and zooming him in their La7's and typhies...

suddenly two other nits show up!   the rooks are now hoplessly outnumbered and worse yet.... they are low and too far from the herd!

They have thrown away all their energy and must now fight.   The first three or four die whild still trying to figure out if they have enough e to run while bleating pitifully for the herd to come save them..  the last two fight like cornered rats and flip flop all over in their best imitation of acm...  too late the herd sends a party out to save them... the nits are running home and soon they cross that invisible barrier that prudence will not allow rooks to cross without the safety of the entire herd behind them.

fortunately it is only a game and no real rooks were injured but it is a good lesson.... rooks don't get greedy... never turn... never get low (unless you are near your ack or vultching with the herd) and never go out without the entire herd.  

and.... never get greedy... sure it's frustrating to fight for that one con with 20 other rooks but it beats the situation described above.  That could be you!

So... alt is life... fast late war planes are life... the herd is life... and.. if you pork their fuel they can't fight you.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 08:51:56 AM »
What were the Knights flying?  Mustangs?

Offline T1loady

• Copper Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:15:04 AM »
Hey Laz, do you just hate rooks, or is is something deeper?  I find that about all you do is piss on about how we suck.  Not trying to pick a fight here, but whats up? Pick on the other country's for a while.  Be an equal opertunity slammer..  LOL  I wasnt one of those rooks, but I am sure you taught them a lesson.  (S)

SkipNutz

Offline T1loady

• Copper Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 09:17:11 AM »
oops i reread your post,  my above was probabily out of line.  I guess I should reread before I comment.  I was trying to make a stab at you for slamming me a few days ago...  Sorry
\
SkipNutz   (looking dumb)

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 09:20:52 AM »
LMAO!  I think i've only ever seen a rook alone once.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 09:26:42 AM »
You'd be glad to know those "Rooks" were all Knits few months ago. Even better, is they were all "Bish" twlelve months ago.

The tards have a rotation cycle among the countries - and we're stuck with what you've so poorly educated among the months. 'Bout time you understood the fact, sheesh!

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2004, 11:47:29 AM »
Yea... I sometimes tell people after I bait them out of the herd "You really should know better than to fly alone like that".. they usually don't take it the right way though.

Offline gofaster

• Platinum Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2004, 11:57:01 AM »
Originally posted by lasersailor184
LMAO!  I think i've only ever seen a rook alone once.

It was probably me.  I tend to be the first guy into battle, hence I'm alone.  Then after I've smacked a few noggins and struck up a one-man battle front, the reserves come in.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2004, 01:41:09 PM »
Lazs! I think you're turning into a bit of an LA7 whiner, like me. ;)  Come towards the light... :D

Offline anton

• Nickel Member
      • http://n/a
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2004, 02:14:05 PM »
what a sad, pathetic generalization whine, not even an original whine topic.

It was a nicely narrated story, but you could have put any country in place of rooks & told same true story, on any given day.

I'm sure that knits would NEVER think of fighting  4on1:rolleyes: (gimme a break).

Get real, get a clue, buy a vowel-     somthin----

Anton

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2004, 02:20:09 PM »
u guys are right... you can put any country in place of the rooks... the rookies simply do it more often these days.  that is what is so pitiful.

missing the good ol days when people looked for a good fight.

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2004, 02:30:44 PM »
I can hear the violins in the background.

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2004, 05:15:24 PM »
Lol.  The only time I saw a rook alone was because his buddies changed course and didn't tell him.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline IHham

• Zinc Member
Re: nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2004, 05:21:22 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
6 rooks have seperated from the herd to chase down a lone knit... they have him low and down on energy and are booming and zooming him in their La7's and typhies...

suddenly two other nits show up!   the rooks are now hoplessly outnumbered and worse yet.... they are low and too far from the herd!

They have thrown away all their energy and must now fight.   The first three or four die whild still trying to figure out if they have enough e to run while bleating pitifully for the herd to come save them..  the last two fight like cornered rats and flip flop all over in their best imitation of acm...  too late the herd sends a party out to save them... the nits are running home and soon they cross that invisible barrier that prudence will not allow rooks to cross without the safety of the entire herd behind them.

fortunately it is only a game and no real rooks were injured but it is a good lesson.... rooks don't get greedy... never turn... never get low (unless you are near your ack or vultching with the herd) and never go out without the entire herd.  

and.... never get greedy... sure it's frustrating to fight for that one con with 20 other rooks but it beats the situation described above.  That could be you!

So... alt is life... fast late war planes are life... the herd is life... and.. if you pork their fuel they can't fight you.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's

Exactly.

I saw about 15 rooks flying into a field at 28k and wouldn't come down. So I took a Ta152 to 33k and to my amasement, there is a la7 at probably 37k or so. I try to get higher, they still beat me in altitude. My gosh, I don't think I have seen many rooks below 7k in the past week, unless they were climbing to get to 25k.

Help me, help the rooks. Atleast the bish horde comes and plays.

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
nightmare for a rook...
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2004, 05:23:34 PM »
Knights/Rooks/Bishops are all made from the same batch... ;)