Author Topic: Ah2  (Read 668 times)

Offline DFXOpsy(school)

• Zinc Member
      • http://dungeonsquadat.netfirms.com
Ah2
« on: January 27, 2004, 09:31:44 PM »
why make a new Aces High when some people can't play it cause their video card sucks(like me) and they aren't allowed to upgrade it when u can just update the Aces High now and make a new version like 1.1115 or whatever that way it would be a whole lot easier for everyone who can't play AH2 :confused:

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
Re: Ah2
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »
Originally posted by DFXOpsy(school)
why make a new Aces High when some people can't play it cause their video card sucks(like me) and they aren't allowed to upgrade it when u can just update the Aces High now and make a new version like 1.1115 or whatever that way it would be a whole lot easier for everyone who can't play AH2 :confused:
Well, My Video card is getting old and so im going get new 128mb Video card.
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Re: Ah2
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 09:56:22 PM »
Originally posted by DFXOpsy(school)

Can you say that again in English.  Perhaps with punctuation even.  I will present a few examples for you.

Comma:  Aces High II is the future, but sadly it would seem that some people would like for the original Aces High to continue.

Period:  Hitechcreations is much like Microsoft.  Once a new version is released then they will stop developement on the old version.

Question Mark:  If you can afford $14.95 a month then why can't you afford to spend less than one hundred dollars to get a decent video card?

Ah...the majestic wooft and waft of English.  Gives me a woody, it does.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Ah2
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 10:35:50 PM »
Why should HT and HTC not push forward to the future to try to make more money so that you can continue to play this game on a POS video card ? Think about it ...
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline United

• Gold Member
      • http://squadronspotlight.netfirms.com
Re: Re: Ah2
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004, 06:04:24 AM »
Question Mark:  If you can afford $14.95 a month then why can't you afford to spend less than one hundred dollars to get a decent video card?

Ah see for that is the case.  He doesnt pay his $14.95 a month.  He's an H2H player.

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Ah2
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 06:18:19 AM »
DFXOpsy, frankly, Aces High has stayed the same way for a very long time.

Just compare some of the latest flight sim games around - HTC has been on the side of the low-end users for a considerable amount of time. Even by the standards of non-boxed, MMOG combat flight sims, AH is starting to lag behind.

It's about time for a new AH: new users with more powerful systems are always more interested in the visual qualities than the game itself - it's how things are.

Offline BenDover

• Platinum Member
Ah2
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 07:07:22 AM »
Not to mention you can't see gameplay in screenshots, but you can see big, fantastic explosions! *hint**hint* ;)

And how would you use a semi-colon drunky?

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
Ah2
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 09:31:28 AM »
you can make ah2 planes look like ah1 planes if you reduce the max texture size.

Scenery is also a big fps killer, but if you fly high and reduce visibilty you should be fine.

Offline zanshin

• Zinc Member
Ah2
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 03:35:52 PM »
You ********.  With apologies.

Can you say that again in English. Perhaps with punctuation even. I will present a few examples for you.

The verb "present" takes "to" as the participle.

The comma necessary before "even" is missing.

Comma: Aces High II is the future, but sadly it would seem that some people would like for the original Aces High to continue.

The "for" should be deleted: it is simply not grammatically correct.

Period: Hitechcreations is much like Microsoft. Once a new version is released then they will stop developement on the old version.

The first period should be a semicolon. The last phrase is already looking to a future action so making the word "then" redundent.

The word "on" should be  "of".

Question Mark: If you can afford $14.95 a month then why can't you afford to spend less than one hundred dollars to get a decent video card?

Not incorrect but "get" is very much frowned upon by English English teachers as showing a marked lack of vocabulary.

Ah...the majestic wooft and waft of English. Gives me a woody, it does.

The analogy you reached for but failed to grasp, it seems, is is "warp and weft".

I hope this grammar lesson excites you as much as your own one did.

Offline Drunky

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Did I Strike a Nerve?
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 05:31:48 PM »
hahahaha...you make me laugh...hehehehehe

The funny thing is that when I gave my lesson I was under the influence of twelve beers.

The sad thing is that I still was able to write better than some people here.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 05:49:19 PM by Drunky »
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline AmRaaM

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Ah2
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 08:04:30 PM »
Your guys that like this AH2 coming out are just spoiled,

we should all be playing 'pong' still on the  ol' Commodore

Offline ZMAN

• Zinc Member
Ah2
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2004, 10:28:02 AM »
without AH2, AH will die. Every game needs regular updates and revisions, look at FA who has not announced or even started to talk about v4. They now face the risk of starting to loose more and more users, especially with AH2 coming out.

When Beta is done AH2 will be a very good alternative to any other WWII flight sim.

Opps logged in with this nic.

Offline United

• Gold Member
Ah2
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2004, 10:38:28 AM »
Originally posted by acepilot2
you can make ah2 planes look like ah1 planes if you reduce the max texture size.

Scenery is also a big fps killer, but if you fly high and reduce visibilty you should be fine.

How would one go about reducing the max texture size.  Is there a file or just do it from the video screen in the game?
Heres my AH2 with all the settings as low as they go.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 10:49:28 AM by United »

Offline acepilot2

• Silver Member
Ah2
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2004, 01:37:16 PM »
hmm...thats a problem..you reduce them on the video settings menu.

It's time for a new graphics card. You can actually get a cheap geforce4 or something (I have one and it works rather well in ah2)

Offline United

• Gold Member
Ah2
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2004, 01:46:01 PM »
Originally posted by acepilot2
hmm...thats a problem..you reduce them on the video settings menu.

It's time for a new graphics card. You can actually get a cheap geforce4 or something (I have one and it works rather well in ah2)

Yep... Right now I dont have the budget to afford a new video card over 50-60 bucks, and with my PC being as old as it is, I may not even be able to support a geforce4.