Author Topic: Caught on film! Vulcher exposed!  (Read 1692 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Caught on film! Vulcher exposed!
« on: February 05, 2004, 04:30:09 AM »
We here at Caught on Film have been very busy putting this story together for you folks.

We sent out our ace super-duper-uber investigative reporter out in shades to record this well known pilot and expose him for the dasterdly fiend he really is, a vulcher and a chute shooter.  Don't let the so-called 'prowess' of this pilot fool you.  This film clearly exposes him for the sub-par pilot he really is.  After all, he is usually in a turn fighter and everyone that is anyone knows that turn fighting is so simple a blind, armless monkey can do it.

I warn you that this film is very disturbing, so much so that we ask that you clear the room of any children, individuals with heart troubles or prone to feinting and pregnant women.

This film has been unedited to bring you the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth that I interpret from gamey stats.

The Vulcher

Ack-Ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2004, 04:40:47 AM »
Well I doubted him before but this proves it,  that no skill dweeb can only get kills with a posse of high cover cherry pickers to protect him.

Really ack ack, I know you can be a jerk sometimes but posting this film is really pushing it as far as insults and accusations go... :D

Nice job levi, I love whackings like that - and SOB was a nice bounus too.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2004, 07:52:42 AM »
If you are vultching in a slow plane.... you deserve every kill you get.

If you want to see DMF films I can point you to a lot of em.

lazs

Offline aSTAR

• Copper Member
Laz2
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2004, 09:36:04 AM »
DMF? sounds like it maybe informative, if so would appreciate looking at them, need to learn ALL I can, but again, only if they are not SPOOF type of films:)

Thanks.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2004, 10:45:40 AM »
I knew it!  AKAK must have been "watching" me the other week.  I'm so ashamed.  :(

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline SOB

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2004, 11:34:11 AM »
You should be, that was no vulch.  Those other pile-its actually had some speed and were able to manuever.  You should have waited until they were landing, or attacked while they were rolling on takeoff!  I forgot about that lucky kill you had on me though - and I demand satisfaction.  Meet me in the duelling arena!
Three Times One Minus One.  Dayum!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2004, 11:37:25 AM »
I'd watch it, except I'm afraid I might see a HO or even a chute-shoot.

Is there some kind of rating system for these films? To avoid such trauma for those of us that are kinder and gentler?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2004, 11:43:28 AM »
He won't show SOB.  They never do.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2004, 11:49:16 AM »
SOB, I'm not certain but I think his shades "practice account" could beat your shades "practice account". So be careful out there.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2004, 11:51:05 AM »
I looked at the film 6 times and I still don't get it. There is something drastic I'm missing as far as SA, because I watch as the P51 comes in, and the pilot glances at it ONE time (an a very brief glance 1/4 of a second glance) at about 3k out?? I just don't get it. There it is 1.5 and Levi is casually attacking another plane. 900 yards out , still not a glance since 3k. Nope, there is something I'm missing here and doing terribly wrong.

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

I dunno, maybe the film doesn't capture all the view switches?
I do have recorded views on.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2004, 11:54:29 AM by TweetyBird »

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2004, 11:52:34 AM »
Originally posted by TweetyBird
Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

That one's pretty easy.  I didn't actually see him until he was about 800 out and coming in on me while I was on the 190.  I noticed him soon enough to dodge out of the way of most of his fire and switch targets.

We can't all be perfect, and God knows that was a target rich environment.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2004, 11:53:46 AM »
Originally posted by SOB
Meet me in the duelling arena!

I'm so there.  Look for my shades account.  It'll be "waiting" for you!!!

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2004, 11:55:04 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
I'd watch it, except I'm afraid I might see a HO or even a chute-shoot.

I'm pretty sure an unfortunate Yak gets a face full at the end.  It's really quite horrific and not intended for young children or mentally unstable multiple account holders.

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline TweetyBird

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2004, 12:10:37 PM »
>>We can't all be perfect, and God knows that was a target rich environment.  <<

Lol, its a good film. I just thought I was missing something on the 51. These films help greatly to see what views are used for different maneuvers, and an idea of the timing. It also gives a glimpse of the pilots feel of the 3d space because his path through it is quite different than mine :D

Thanks for posting it!

Offline slimm50

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2004, 12:12:32 PM »
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D