Author Topic: F4U-4 vs La7  (Read 3912 times)

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2004, 09:50:39 AM »
Funny stuff.

So far I heard that you have an advantage when a fast LA7 is above you and yo are in an F4U.

LA7 guns suck.  Try flying straight at d900 next time I am behind you, and see what happens.

LA7s are flown by people who run. Looks to me as if someone else was doing the running.

Spits and LA7s are flown by people with no skills.

Why isn't the LA7 perked?  Cause it is the only thing that will catch a runstung.  Perk the 51s and I will pay 100 perks for the la7.

Finally, he did the right thing if he is playing for survival.  The only thing he could have done dif would be to try and run a little further hopping the spit gives up.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2004, 10:22:44 AM »
Originally posted by Rafe35
That's true and F4U-4 seem alot better than any USAAF nor USN Fighter.  I gotta say that La7 is no match for F4U-5 and i believe they fought in Korean War in 1950-1953, but not sure about that.

La-11's were used in Korean War, not La7's.

Originally posted by bozon
LA7 has horrible guns. you can let him close to 800 yards before him spraying might get risky.

You obviously smoke crack for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Karaya
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2004, 10:41:40 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
QUOTE]

Shhhhhh!  I get a lot of kills from people who feel safe at d700 -800.  Just tell them it is impossible :D

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2004, 12:43:09 PM »
This is what I would have done..

At 1200m pull low g turn (dogleft or dog right) to avoid any spewing...  He will start to close..  Continue your escape vector back to friendly territory/planes.  Once he closes to say 600m (depending on connection) break the opposite direction no more than 3 or 4 g's and see how he follows you.. (either lag or lead turn)(lag is the worse bogey)(if he goes lag then break harder and out turn him... if he goes lead then do the following:)   he will  now gain quickly.. now reverse and go the other way pulling  max g's as necessary, (I like to low g barrel roll before the reverse if you have time) throw in sidslip if you needed  to force overshoot..

If he is a novice he'll immelman and reaquire...  Back to square one stalemate... continue your escape vector...  If he is a ace then he will most likely climb but then do a lag induced roll..  If he does that then you need to go vertical scissors right away and hope you can get out of his solution... and then force a overshoot at stall fighting speeds (advantage will go to you in that situation.  you got a pretty good chance to pull it off..)  really depends on how well you pull evasives and who is trying to get a gun solution on you...  If at any time he goes passive continue your escape vector..  just keep heading whatever direction to escape...

Try to plan your evasives so that you end going the direction you need to get away or buy time......  Escape or stalemate is what you should be thinking with 2 bogeys...

Why that silly plane isn't perked who knows...

DoctorYo

PS:  You were in a perk plane, youll be amazed at the complete idiocy youll see when they try to shoot you down.  Use that to your advantage.  They are usually over aggressive..

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2004, 12:48:05 PM »
Originally posted by DoctorYO
Try to plan your evasives so that you end going the direction you need to get away or buy time......  Escape or stalemate is what you should be thinking with 2 bogeys...

So that's my problem.  I'm always thinking I'm going to kill the two enemies and fly away at my leisure.  Escape is for wussies.  :)

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2004, 01:03:55 PM »
Well i play with one life to live.. you play suicide..

You play quake birds I play a simulation..

(Im a planetside player so not knocking the genre.. I like quake)

2 on 1 vs a spit and la7 is suicide if your opponents are competent..  maybe you just get a bunch of newbs to attack you..  Go ahead how much paypal money you got for me..  Ill take that one any day of the week you in the f4 me and my pilot of choice in a spit and la7.  Ill give you 20 to 1 odds...

Free Beer money...

No Bish lemming horde will save you now Dead Man Flying...

:lol

2 cents

DoctorYo

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2004, 01:06:21 PM »
I would probably do the following, I would wep run for some time waiting for 1 of 2, either spit falling out thinking he will not be able to catch me, or at least to get distance between spit and la7 of about 3-5k. Then I would either drag pull and overshoot la7, or if la7 is not agressive, would try to get a chance against a spit IX, and then take care of lone la7. If you is not confident about your ACM, then in disadvantage follow Wil's advice, HO.

Quite often I won 1 vs many fights by being extremely agressive. When people attack you in numbers, they often try to kill you faster,  then other guys, and it is a good chance to make them to bite a dust :)

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2004, 01:19:05 PM »
If he is a novice he'll immelman and reaquire...  Back to square one stalemate... continue your escape vector...  If he is a ace then he will most likely climb but then do a lag induced roll..

If he is an ace, he knows where the throttle is, and knows when to use it. :) Actually with equal pilots the one who is in inferior plane or in inferior position usually die anyway.

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2004, 01:33:08 PM »
If he goes aggressive like that fariz he could be on the recieveing end of a gear dropping flopping f4u4 your telling me you can get the la7 to out decelerate a f4u4 without any lag induced roll?

wishfull thinking...

dont get me wrong la7 is hell of a plane damn too good.. but not at what you described...

Ive personally been against you with your ultra agressive tactics while they work on the dweebs they haven't worked on me very well..  last time we met you pulled that ultra agro stuff you went down my 109f4 strafed you and then finished you trying to ditch over the water ... about 4 months ago..

but enough history lessons..

enjoy..

DoctorYo

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2004, 01:33:52 PM »

(Im a planetside player so not knocking the genre.. I like quake)

2 on 1 vs a spit and la7 is suicide if your opponents are competent..  maybe you just get a bunch of newbs to attack you..  Go ahead how much paypal money you got for me..  Ill take that one any day of the week you in the f4 me and my pilot of choice in a spit and la7.  Ill give you 20 to 1 odds...

Free Beer money...

No Bish lemming horde will save you now Dead Man Flying...

:lol

2 cents

DoctorYo

That was a thing of beauty, couldn't have said it better myself.

Zazen
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2004, 01:48:13 PM »
With two on your six, a fast (LA7) and a turner (Spit) you are dead.  Running was the only option if you play for survival.  If you just want to shoot at somebody, then turn as hard as you can and HO them.

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2004, 01:55:43 PM »

[/B]

On the contrary... I engage both in such a situation with the hope and full expectation of living.

I play for fun.  You play for... ?

-- Todd/Leviathn

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2004, 02:40:20 PM »
If he goes aggressive like that fariz he could be on the recieveing end of a gear dropping flopping f4u4 your telling me you can get the la7 to out decelerate a f4u4 without any lag induced roll?

wishfull thinking...

dont get me wrong la7 is hell of a plane damn too good.. but not at what you described...

Ive personally been against you with your ultra agressive tactics while they work on the dweebs they haven't worked on me very well..  last time we met you pulled that ultra agro stuff you went down my 109f4 strafed you and then finished you trying to ditch over the water ... about 4 months ago..

but enough history lessons..

enjoy..

DoctorYo

If you shot me down 4 months ago and still remember it, then probably you giving people a good point whom to listen in this discussion? :)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2004, 03:43:13 PM »
Originally posted by Dead Man Flying
I play for fun.  You play for... ?

Fame and adoration by the masses.

Offline DoctorYO

• Nickel Member
F4U-4 vs La7
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2004, 03:56:16 PM »
Looks like my fan boys have come out of the wood work..

You know i just wouldn't feel appreciated without some daily chastisement, discreditment, and plain slander banter.

Thank you Aces High...

:aok

DoctorYO

PS - Im still waiting for my wager to be accepted..  get that beer money ready...  (im going to be enjoying  Belgian Duval soon on your wooden nickles)

lot of yap, lot of crap, beware the clap..
phooyey...

:cool: