Author Topic: God's Plane - The 205  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Octavius

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2004, 08:17:50 PM »
Originally posted by bozon
rolling scissors.

edit:
The reason the P-51 seemed to do it better then the spit9 is that it slows down faster. If you start the rolling contest fast enough, the spits exelent E retention will become it's disadvantage.

Then again, if the spit chops throttle and hangs in there long enough - the pony is toast.

Bozon

Better yet:  screw the E burning P51, firewall the throttle, get some quick alt, and BnZ that cocky Pony :D
octavius
Fat Drunk BasTards (forum)

"bastard coated bastards with bastard filling?  delicious!"
Guest of the ++Blue Knights++[/size]

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2004, 08:44:52 PM »
9:35 .. I dont see your room there.

EDIT:

10:00 Nothing..
« Last Edit: February 12, 2004, 09:02:51 PM by WldThing »

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2004, 09:29:17 PM »
10:30 ..

Thanks for wastin my night there..

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2004, 10:03:41 PM »
Opening room... had things to do, You'll get over it. ;)

Offline TimRas

• Nickel Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2004, 12:27:49 AM »
Originally posted by WldThing
The D model is a better stall fighter than the 9 IMO,  but ive only done 1 engagement with Taki on the deck, him a Spit 9, me in 51,  took a few barrel rolls but the 51 came up as the victor in this particular scenario.

If I remember right, you have fought him on the deck (and won) in P-47D-25 as well. Have film ?

Offline Sway

• Nickel Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2004, 07:18:08 AM »
You try turnfighting a decent pilot on the deck with p47, and they are in a spit, your going to get worked.  Spitfire turns circles around a p47.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2004, 11:25:58 AM »
Originally posted by bozon
rolling scissors.

edit:
The reason the P-51 seemed to do it better then the spit9 is that it slows down faster. If you start the rolling contest fast enough, the spits exelent E retention will become it's disadvantage.

Then again, if the spit chops throttle and hangs in there long enough - the pony is toast.

Bozon

Boz...thats exactly what I'm envisioning...however thats a "linear" fight...i.e. ... the bogie is in your rear hemispere with a significant speed differential....or your in the bogies rear utilzing the move to minimize the e difference in preperation for a tracking shot.

Wldthing is pretty specific that this is a "stall fight" so I'm mentally picturing a slow speed "end game" situation vs a faster "E fight" senario...

I'm making the assumption that Taki is behind the pony...I can't see the sequence that forces him out ahead...vs simply taking the high ground and stomping on the ponies head...obviously the faster the fight the greater chance the pony has forcing an overshoot.

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline MasterBlaster

• Zinc Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2004, 11:54:29 AM »
Since when does God need a plane?

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2004, 11:59:42 AM »
Originally posted by humble
Wldthing is pretty specific that this is a "stall fight" so I'm mentally picturing a slow speed "end game" situation vs a faster "E fight" senario...

I'm making the assumption that Taki is behind the pony...I can't see the sequence that forces him out ahead...vs simply taking the high ground and stomping on the ponies head...obviously the faster the fight the greater chance the pony has forcing an overshoot.

Scratch that,  i was in a P-47 D25 that particular fight.  I must remember being in a P-51 some other similar duel.
I believe i have the film of this one,  but im not quite positive..  When i get back from work i will upload 4-5 movies at once,  then you can pick and choose which ones you would like to watch.

Offline kj714

• Silver Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2004, 12:42:36 PM »
>Since when does God need a plane?<

when he plays Aces High, numnuts

Offline DipStick

• Gold Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2004, 02:37:57 AM »
Originally posted by WldThing
Would hate to take your money ;)

You mean you'd hate to take Rod's money. :p

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2004, 03:36:51 AM »
Originally posted by humble

Happens to me all the time when I fly slow planes - my biggest worry is the target escaping from me, not me overshooting and that's the pit I fall into.

here's a simmilar situation P47D11 vs 109F4. I mistook him to be a G10 and lured him to sit on my tail. only when I got a good look at his spinner 100 yards on my 6 I realized my mistake...
The 109 pilot is good (shot me down a few times before) and we get locked in a decending rolling scissors, then flat as we reach the deck.
His only mistake was to break off the rolling scissors one roll too soon, which allowed my jug a few feet of alt to recover.
http://fire.prohosting.com/bozon/p47vs109f4_slow.zip
(LEFT click only, then save as)

Bozon
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline WldThing

• Gold Member
God's Plane - The 205
« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2004, 10:44:24 AM »
Originally posted by DipStick
You mean you'd hate to take Rod's money. :p

LOL