Author Topic: Friday The 20th, Greace...  (Read 5213 times)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
Friday The 20th, Greace...
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2004, 06:36:07 PM »
Like I said, the one ping thing was a rare occurence, but whatever.

5. Need I even go into the Allied bomber whine?

Still waiting.

i have never gotten a 1 ping kill in anything but a panzer in this game not even the tiger.

Try the Yak 9T
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 06:40:35 PM by Slash27 »

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2004, 06:42:06 PM »
Originally posted by ergRTC
so which is it?  compression or hard to move control surfaces in spits doing 450 mph, or zeros doing 400?  Both effects are reduced as the plane slows...

I don't know anything about spitfires but the a6ms had large ailerons and at high speed the controls became heavy. In AH or any on line game you can't rightly model stick forces so they both would feel the same.

Tango posted a more articulate definition of the 2 on the A & V forum. I can’t remember which thread.

Trash27,

I never said the F4U was tough in AH but like a lot claims that get thrown around there’s never any real evidence. Without film I guess we will take your word for it...

I have read posts by F4U guys that seem to imply a general weakness in the F4U wings but that’s different then claiming the type 99 mk2 is over modeled. I don't fly the F4U so I don’t care, that’s for those folk to figure out.

I can say that like the claims of 1 shot hisso kills no one has ever came up with proof. I have some time in the niki and never killed any plane (except pk) with 1 round. The FM2 and F4F are the toughest of all the Navy planes imo.

YMMV

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2004, 06:52:08 PM »
Trash27,

I never said the F4U was tough in AH but like a lot claims that get thrown around there’s never any real evidence. Without film I guess we will take your word for it...

Butz,

I never said you said the F4U was tough in AH, and take my word or not. I could care less. I saw what I saw and I have no idea if the cannon is overmodelled or not. I know they are deadly as hell and I deal with it. What else can you do?

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2004, 06:53:54 PM »
even in the yak 9T I don't think I've had a one shot kill

You must have bad luck:D

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2004, 07:07:52 PM »
Easy, I dont.

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2004, 07:12:52 PM »
I've gotten 1 hit kills with every cannon in the game- on undamaged planes.  Well, unless someone managed to shoot my opponent on the runway in the DA and they didn't say anything.  

I've even gotten 1 hit kills with MG-FF's before, maybe 2-3 times.  They are far more common with the Hispano than anything else, but I've gotten em with every cannon now.  Every one hit kill I've ever gotten (not counting cockpit shots) was on the tail.  Either the stabilizer went with one round, or both elevators/horizontal stabs went with one round.

I know someone that said they got a one hit kill with a .50 once.  Hit the guy in the cockpit and blew him up... I've never done that before.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2004, 07:16:36 PM »
Do you have 6 witnesess, a blood sample, and a notarized statement to back up your claims?:D

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2004, 07:19:43 PM »
He doesn't need it, you can trust him.

Either way theres nothing unique to the type 99 mk 2 as described by his experience.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2004, 07:37:49 PM »
I had 3 one-hit-per-kills in a single sortie the other day.  Was in the Hurri-IID, of course.  I fired exactly 3 rounds per burst and scored 1 hit each time I fired.  After 3 kills I had only fired 9 cannon and no MG.  Convergence was set at 250 and shots were fired just over 100.

eskimo

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2004, 07:43:16 PM »
HUrri IID is nice but too damn slow. WOuld rather get two kills in a P_40E and land them! Thats why I love the Tempest. Two flashes and they go down, no questions asked!

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2004, 08:10:24 PM »
Originally posted by storch
It's not anecdotal, it's a fact the highest # of kills attributed to any fighter is 41 to a brewster 239 flown by the finns.  also the brewster still holds the highest kill ratio of any fighter.

And its a fact the F2A was butchered by the Zeke at Midway and earlier in the Dutch East Indies. The LW planes the Finns were fighting were better than the Zeke in every respect save for turn rate. Why did the Finns have good success with the Buffalo while the Dutch and USMC did not, when the Finns were fighting better aircraft? Could there be another variable here?

The Hispanos were at best the equal of the MGFF and inferior to the MG151.[/b]

Now your just being silly. Some facts to clear your dilusions:

ROF [rounds per minute]

MG-FF:520, MG-FF/M:520, MG151/20:740, HispMkII:600, HispMkV:750, ShVAK:800, Type97(Ho-3):400, Type 1(Ho-5):850, Type99/1:490, Type99/2:490.

MG-FF's and Type 99's are clearly inferior to all but the Type99's in ROF, while the MG151/20 is in between the two Hispano types, though it is much better than the MkII, and essentially equal to the MkV.

Muzzle velocity [meters/second]

MG-FF:570, MG-FF/M:690, MG151/20(92g/115g):800/710, MkII:880, MkV:840, ShVAK:800, Type97:820, Type1:750, Type99/1:555, Type99/2:750.

MG-FF's and the Type99/1 are again clearly at the bottom, MG151/20 depending on the projectile size is OK or very good, and both Hispanos clearly better than any LW gun.

Projectile size [grams]

MG-FF:115, MG-FF/M:92, MG151/20:92 or 115, MkII and V:130, ShVAK:96, Type97:164(!), Type1:94, Type99 1/2:142.

This time the Hispanos are in the middle, but are better than any of the LW guns.

So you are saying that the MG-FF with a MUCH[/i]lower ROF, MUCH[/i] lower velocity, and a smaller[/i] projectile is equal to a Hispano, and the MG151/20 that is only better in ROF  against one version of the Hispano is clearly superior? surely you jest? How do you justify that claim in the face of real evidence, more anecdotes? I've got an anecdote that says the moon is made of cheese, doesnt make to true.

I'm not sure about all fighters, but i can shred the wings off of a laden pony which i should not be able to do.

Take an axis craft.   dive and pull G look at the G meter note when you black out.  do the same thing in a spit count the seconds you are out while in both then come back and call me on it.[/b]

I will try that. I have not noticed in the course of flying any less ability to pull G's in any particular plane, but I admit I have not tested any of them either, you could be correct.

Test data, sure.  you mean like when we captured an A6M2 near dutch harbor, reconstructed it and test flew it.  came up with data stating the Zero would stall the engine from fuel starvation in Neg G as the early merlins?  Only to be shown that the carb was improperly tuned.  when tuned by Japanese POWs the problem went away.  The data used by the allies were in many instances flawed.  For instance the aileron adjustment on the 190 was critical to get it right as it affected it's turn fighting ability.  captured 190's had the aileron adjustment slightly off.[/b]

And anecdotes are better? I happen to agree with you in respect to the 190's aileron's, but what do you do, use some guys off the cuff "opinions" of an aircrafts performance instead just because he flew it in combat? Using that standard every plane in the game would be undermodeled or overmodeled depending on which quote you take. I have already pointed out the differences in the anecdotal evidence on the Buffalo and P39 as examples of why not to use them. Anecdotes are like the Bible, somewhere you can find a quote that will say anything you want, you just have to find it.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2004, 09:06:26 PM »
done with you.   Oh no:(

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2004, 10:21:33 PM »
Gods storch, you're a farging idiot.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »
Lol.

I think most peoples problem (well, mine anyway) is that the Mg151/20 and the MG-FF/M relied on explosive power to do the work.  Therefore they weren't as inferior as one might expect looking at the Muzzle Velocity and projectile weight.  The 92g Mine round had a lot more explosive content than a Hispano round.  IIRC, the HE round had as much as a Hispano round.

But in AH, the Hispano hits around twice as hard as the MG151/20, which in turn hits roughly twice as hard as an MG-FF/M.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2004, 11:55:12 PM »
Originally posted by storch
Ok lets test that idea.  use the bible to prove that the sky is green instead of blue.

Uh, that was an example of how non-emperical material can be twisted to suit the users needs. I guess I should have been less cryptic for you.

done with you. [/B]

Thats fine, I did not expect a reasoned and cogent answer rebutting my case, you did not dissapoint.