Author Topic: Am I a "runstang weenie" because...  (Read 925 times)

Offline Nifty

• Platinum Member
Am I a "runstang weenie" because...
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2001, 11:22:00 AM »
I don't think Mako ever ignored the fact his P51 is a formidible plane in the MA.

Anyways, Mako, who fediddlein' cares what anyone else thinks.

I fly what I want to fly, and you all can call me whatever the hell you want.   :)

Spit V Dweeb and proud of it.
La7 monster rider and I'll vulch ya without a second thought. (tho I'm gonna use the Tiffie for JABO for awhile, I'm on a RAF kick.)

I'll sky accountant when I want to, and I'll furball when I want to.  I'll pay attention to strat requests, and I'll ignore them when I want to.  I don't care what anyone says about it, or how they say it.  I'll even fly a buff when I want to!   ;)

Back to the Runstang...  anyone that doesn't fly the P51 smart will die.  plain and simple.   :)  Poor newbies bring that plane's K/D below 1, when it should be up around 2.   :)
proud member of the 332nd Flying Mongrels, noses in the wind since 1997.

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
      • http://www.luftjagerkorps.com/
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2001, 11:23:00 AM »
Hey, Boelke's very first Dictum is:

I. Secure all possible advantages before attacking.

Being a runstang dweeb is just smart tactics, feel proud, not bad.  I try to be a run109 dweeb all the time.   :)

EDIT: "Me fail english? That's un-possible!" - Ralph  ;)

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: Kratzer ]

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2001, 11:24:00 AM »
And what about his 7th dictum?

VII. Never forget your line of retreat.

That Boelke was a smart guy.

Offline rabbit

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2001, 11:51:00 AM »
Runstang Weenie :

1.makes one or two zooms
 2.blows all E on those passes
 3. piss poor Sa
 4.runs like hell and cries like a lil  girl when he gets popped.

lots more but,  you all know who you are :D

Pony Driver :

1. catches your silly bellybutton talking to your wingie and kills you both before you know what  hit you.

2.knows when to fight and when to hold alt and look for a better target.

3. Knows when to leave a fight ( as soon as he has lost his atvantage.)  E or potential E.

a pony driver is honorable and teaches others that like to be a bit closer to the ground to keep their heads up. he has earned respect and is feared because the nme will never know where he is or when he will  hit ya .
oh yeah  did i mention  Honor and respect for other pilots?

a good  Pony Driver teaches  many things to the fellers down in the furball.
  E fighting takes big time skill.  just as much as turnfighting.
 turnfighters fight on the edge of their ac's performance  just as we do.
 it is just the fact that most  Pony drivers do not like to hear that stall horn blarring in our ears  and some of us even think it affects the minds of the furballers <g>
it is all E fighting.  it is  an E managment game that is what makes it fun. some like to manage E at 400+ ias and some like to manage E at 100 ias.
 but, what do i know? just depends on what school that you like. <g>

I have to agree that some 51 pilots give the rest of us a bad name but that comes with the ride. im am old skoo pony driver and have been in retirement, but ill be back <g>
/0

Rabbit

Offline stegor

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2001, 12:24:00 PM »
When flying my 190 I find in some difficulties and act like that, i thinK I am
a smart pilot (not good pilot only a little smart)  ;) ; when I find p51 doin so I think they are runstang weenie   :D   :D
Well, well,  you can say I am not so impartial   :rolleyes:   :p
Nibbio
4° Stormo C.T. "F. Baracca"

Offline Seeker

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2001, 03:33:00 PM »
Engage how you like, that's practical, but never run away, that's just too Luftwaffe....

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2001, 04:45:00 PM »
Hehe guys, some good replies there.  Maybe my Aussie sense of humour is a bit dry so I should of explained that I'm not worried about being labeled, I don't really care how other people see my flying.  I just wanted to see how people view fighting with an advantage.

As my sig states, I don't mind being called a "runstang weenie" as I know it's in good fun (it's actually a quote of funked in another thread).  Besides, anyone who meets me in the MA knows that I love to press a fight in my pony and if my squaddies are online at the same time you will always see us mixing it up in a furball, not just above it...

And no, I don't consider myself a great virtual pilot, I just try to keep an advantage so I can pop people who are better than me at turning and burning...  :D

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2001, 04:51:00 PM »
Hehe, I guess I am trying to reconcile "hit-and-run" with "great pilot".   :D

I see plenty of ponys in the fights; I see plenty that hang around the periphery- couldn't care less either way, but I will always laugh at the ones that boast how great they are when fighting that way.

Please, no need to rehash the synopsis on "how to fly smart in a P-51" we have seen ad nauseum. I already printed off at least 25 versions of the same story, written in four different languages. Every one of them can be reduced to two words:

Hit.

Run.

:D   :D

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2001, 05:05:00 PM »
Ya gotta remember that for a lot of us, the MA is just practice for the Real Deal which is TOD, scenarios like Big Week, and I daresay the Combat Theater.  In those events, the job of a fighter is to get kills and live.  If you can do this then by definition you are a great pilot.  Why would I want to give a target drone a fair chance?   :)

[ 12-12-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Kratzer

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2001, 05:37:00 PM »
Seeker...

If I'm in a fight, and I get in a situation where I've lost the advantage, I will withdraw (run) to the cover of wingmen, or just extend away if necessary... and I fly 109s... how is this a 'Luftwaffle' thing?  I do the same thing if I'm flying anything else - I think it is just smart tactics.  Is it 'Luftwaffle' thing because I'm in an aircraft that might be better at extending away than some non-LW aircraft?

By flying LW stuff, I'm immediately not 'allowed' certain tactics by some people, and if I say anything about it (as I'm doing now) then I'm instantly a 'Luftwhiner'.  I just like to fly what I like to fly, and while I see some characters who certainly fit that profile, I don't think that most of us do...

So I think I'll probably be labeled a Luftwhiner now...

Sorry I hijacked your thread, Mako... not my intent, it's just tiring to be judged by what aircraft I choose, and have it brought up like it is a valid argument in whatever situation is being discussed.

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2001, 05:58:00 PM »
Very interesting thread....

1st...are you paying to play...so fly however you want to :)

2nd...if someone doesn't like how you fly ask em to pay your bill so you can fly the way they'd like you to :D

3rd...be honest about it...as mentioned above don't confuse the issues. If you fly a zeke or nikki your NOT a hot T&B stick...period....if you troll the arena looking for scraps and leftovers your not an awesome E-fighter...BUT if your having fun and enjoy how you fly then it's right for YOU.

Will people be pissed...yup...probably me included, but that's simply the nature of the game.

My thoughts are simple...I fly what I want, fight what I find and rtb when the ammo runs out (not very often  :(). 90% of the time you'll find me in a F6, 51B or F4-1...but I fly em all (even the nikkidweeb). But that doesnt mean my way is right (dumb...yes). I keep toying with flying 1 tour for real just to see...did it back in AW couple times...goal was 100 kills with no deaths. Just got boring after a bit...but was fun.

Only question is plane type...dont think it would be a problem in a yak or pony but not sure...anyway...maybe one day :)

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
make the ack be .303 and leave the 150mm howitzers as MANNED acks.

We'll see just how much people run to it.

Its pathetic

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: December 12, 2001, 07:03:00 PM »
Well said, humble. With that, I go flying.  :D

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2001, 07:24:00 PM »
What could be sweeter than spying out a FW; engaging, going a few turns with the guy and running him down when yah got him saddled up?

What can be sweeter than spying a out a low furball where a countryman is hard pressed amongst numericaly superior enemys, roaring down with a fistful of smash to scatter them like leaves?

What can be sweeter than picking up the tail end of a drag, bagging a few pursuers and relieving the dragger, passing him even; whilst the impotent hounds of the enemy bay at your heels??

You nancy-boy spit dweebs may call it 'Runstang' if you like... but I call it a Mustang, the finest fighter ever to grace the unfriendly skies.

;)
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2001, 07:27:00 PM »
Preach on, brother Hang!  Hallelujah!  Amen!