Author Topic: Am I a "runstang weenie" because...  (Read 924 times)

Offline Blue Mako

• Silver Member
      • http://www.brauncomustangs.org/BLUEmako.htm
Am I a "runstang weenie" because...
« on: December 11, 2001, 08:26:00 PM »
...I like to fight with an advantage?  I like to keep things as one-sided as possible when I'm in the MA.  I don't want to fight on even terms because the pony I usually fly doesn't accelerate, doesn't climb and doesn't turn.

Having said all that, I also don't like to run away from a fight but sometimes bugging out is the only option to get your airframe home.

Should I be trying to be "honourable" and "chivalrous", never engaging with an advantage?  I think not.  I leave that for the DA.

What are your thoughts?

:cool:

--------------------
A "Runstang Weenie" and proud of it.

Click on image to go to the 412th home page...[/QB][/QUOTE]

Offline funkedup

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.raf303.org/
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2001, 08:41:00 PM »
You are definitely a Runstang Weenie.    :)

Yours truly,

FunkedUp
Commanding Officer, 357th Fighter Group "Big Week"

:D

My favorite Runstang Weenie:  "Dziubek" Horbaczewski

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: funkedup ]

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2001, 09:13:00 PM »
Depends on how pretentious you are about it. If you fly in the way you describe and then in the same sentence call yourself a great pilot, you're a weenie. If you fly as you describe and accept you are mortal, you're ok. :D

Somehow it seems we have guys that confuse only hitting from advantage with being a really hot stick.  ;)

Offline Kieran

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2001, 09:15:00 PM »
Oh, and I should be totally fair, when I am in the stang, I am a runstang weenie that is very mortal. I hold no illusions about my "greatness".:P

Offline Raubvogel

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2001, 09:29:00 PM »
Do you care if anyone thinks you are a "Runstang Weenie"? If yes, than you probably are  ;)

Offline Camel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2001, 10:06:00 PM »
Me?? its possible...

Depends on how many are chasing me. Sometimes I think there pick'en on me  ;)

Honestly, I'll drop some flaps in a heart beat, and go for a few circles. If I f'up I'll boogie, if he/she f's up, hopefully I'll get a kill.

Offline Naudet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2001, 04:11:00 AM »
Hey, Blue i dont think you a runstang weenie. YOu just fly smart i would say.

I try the same thing (but aint very succesful at it), and i wouldnt like it to be called Hunstang weenie.

If you fly as you describe and accept you are mortal, you're ok.

hehe i think he is flying that way, cause he knows that he is mortal  ;), atleast that is why i try to do it  :D

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2001, 05:14:00 AM »
Yes, you are.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2001, 07:49:00 AM »
That reminds me, need to up my K/D ratio, will be in a Mustang today.  :)

Offline lazs1

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2001, 08:18:00 AM »
If you ignore the fact that you have a pretty untouchable plane vs. mediocre ones then you are a weinie.   If there were a late war area in the arena where only the late war planes flew and... you still flew 51's then... that would be different.
lazs

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2001, 08:24:00 AM »
Hmmm got me some perkies to spend...perhaps a 262 will allow me to catch yer "yeller arse" and blam a few stangs.

Rip will be my biatch... :)

Offline Am0n

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2001, 09:45:00 AM »
Hit, recover, extend.

Sounds like your doing it right to me blue mako  :)

They just whine becuase they want you to get low and slow, and fight ignorantly and dont forget to fly level.

I my self when in a angle fighter mumble to my self "sissy runstang", simply becuase i want the above stated. some just cant control them selves and have to say it on channel one  :)

Offline DamnedBuzzard

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2001, 10:17:00 AM »
I fly th D pony exclusively or nearly so and I'm a relative newbie to AH and it's pony. I like to have the advantage but I love to take the advantage away from someone else. There is little in the game more satisfying, to me anyway, than to make that hi spit or niki blow his alt and then bust his ass. For sure you won't do it every time but you won't ever do it if yer in Runstang mode.

The biggest surprise I found in AH coming from AW is the way the AH pony turns. In AW it was strictly straight line B&Z or die. Here I can turn it and expect to win against most other rides. And I can see out of th bloody thing. I really like that.

I will "extend" to keep from gettin gangbanged if I can but I seldom bug from a 1v1 regardless of relative advantage. Did I mention I die a lot too?

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2001, 10:46:00 AM »
I have to GIVE my 6 to most p51's or they wont engage. And this is on a 1-1 with the pony having 5k+ alt adv.

I really dont mind if a pony driver runs away because he got himself in a bad position, heck thats why the plane is used for, to run if you screw up.

What I DONT like is seeing some moron in a pony at 24k screw up and RUN for 1 sector to his nearest ack, without even trying anything else. THAT is plain pathetic and shows how much players depend on the AI to save their asses.

Sadly, I see a LOT of people do this. A LOT. Some have even become experts at engaging ONLY above their own airfields. Few nights ago I cought a guy doing that constantly.. he would be 20k, fly to nearest enemy dot, give his 6, and fly over his field at 20k then get the con on a corckscrew dive...straight to his ack. And he would see his opponent get hit once, start burning, then he would just spray in his direction, ping the plane once and get the kill. And in a N1k no less. Horrido.

I would say, there are no "running weenies", there are however "ack weenies". Running only helps you get away, but ack saves your ass. Mix the 2 and you get the perfect recipe for exploitin a gameplay issue brought on by abusing AI 1pingkillpsychic ack.

Offline Hornet

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2001, 11:17:00 AM »
I fly the B pony, rarely crack 15k in it, and despite look up at a fair number of fights she gives as good as she gets.

While not as pretty or famous as her younger sister, she's makes up for it in nastiness. Only got 4 .50's so have to get in close, but she won't shy away from taking la7s or most anything else in a straight up knife fight, the faster the better. Stubborn really - we both are.

Plus there's nothing sweeter than seeing some D pony break out of the scrap and try to extend from ya at sea-level  ;).
Hornet