Author Topic: The most frustrating part of Aces High  (Read 524 times)

Offline Wanker

• Platinum Member
The most frustrating part of Aces High
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2000, 08:01:00 AM »
I understand your frustration BotaBing, but let's be honest and admit that this happens very rarely. I can count on two fingers the number of times someone has flown in front of me while I was trying to kill someone. And that's in 5 years of fighting, both here and in Warbirds.

I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Offline Lucchini

• Zinc Member
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2000, 12:00:00 PM »
Don't forget the lag!
I believe it is the first cause of friendly fire kill and should be same for collisions.

I prefere both them of in MA.  

Igloo

« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2000, 05:54:00 PM »
Friendly collisions cannot be on.  When missions are organised, everyone starts on top of each other.  Unless planes take off in groups, one at the end of each runway, it is impossible.  And that only works when it is well organised, which it rarely is.  Some form of ATC (Air Traffic Control) would be needed, or a method introduced that only cues the friendly collisions once you're airborne.

Friendly fire cannot be put in because dweebs will get frustrated when they can't shoot down enemies and unload on friendlies.  The way HTC has it set up, if you wanna be a knob and shoot at your own guys, you recieve your own damage.  

------------------
Squadron Leader, Igloo.
C/O RCAF 411 Squadron - County of York

"Problems cannot be solved with the same awareness that created them" - Albert Einstein[/i]

Offline Tac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2000, 09:13:00 PM »
Well, here's an idea for you:

Whenever someone shoots down a friendly plane, he will only be able to fly the C202 for 2 hours! MUAHAHA.

Another idea would be to disable the killshooter and code in a "bastard" check: If you shoot down 2 friendly planes in one hour you will only be allowed to fly the 202 for 2 hours... continous killing of friendly planes (say, 5 planes in one week) will get your account cancelled. Works for the 2 week trialers and for those who spoil the game and SHOULD be kicked out no matter if they pay $30 a month.. its better to kick out those morons than to lose 10 or 12 accounts because of that person.

What say ye HT?

Offline Fariz

• Silver Member
      • http://9giap.warriormage.com
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2000, 01:35:00 PM »

Originally posted by BotaBing:
Well, friendly fire was a part of real life, even from quake-type amazinhunk.

Bota, then I just started flying AH one guy shot me in chute. I was so angry, that wanted to switch to other team to kill him. I never did, but I am sure that some may do it, and not only when frustrated. Now imagine what it will turn into, he will kill you, you will kill him, so it will turn into big ffa. Why to fly to other fields when pray is so close to you?  

So killshooter is the only right decision. In scenarios it may be turn off.

Fariz