Author Topic: CT: America gets help  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
CT: America gets help
« on: February 29, 2004, 07:21:36 PM »
The operations building consists of an old colonial house built in 1896. It’s white washed fence, and roman-style columns are showing signs of its tattered care since the Americans left it in December1941.  The busyness of the interior of the house is buzzing with officers and communications equipment.

Lieutenant Jenny Douglas walks into it operations room.  The hot weather is making her kaki uniform stick to her and the latest printout from the teletype is already feeling sticky in her hands.  At 22 years old Yale student , she's one of the few women officers serving overseas but as the General's and for the first time in a long time, is very glad to be wearing a skirt instead of pants.  Her tall and athletic figure with brunette/dark blonde hair puts her at 6 feet even, intimidating to all women, challenging to most men.

Sitting at the ops desk, Major Stan Bailey winks at Jenny. For the CO of the Black Sheep, it’s been a rough week.  First, his squadron’s aircraft were lost on the Franklin. Second, he’s lost handfuls of P-38’s against the NIK-2 with no Navy support. He asked for F6F’s from Nimitz but was refused because of the new Kamikaze attacks – he can spare no fighters.  

“Message for you Winky.  It’s from Mountbatten.”

“Thanks Jen.”   Bailey reads down through the message, briefly glimpsing over the sheet to take another look at Jenny as she looks over her right shoulder, and winks back.

---------
To: General MacArthur/CO Allied Group
Fm: Admiral Lord Mountbatten
Subject: Request for air support
Greetings Douglas. Hear you’re having a rough spot with the Japs on the islands. Glad to help you out in this stressful time. I have sent a dispatch to Air Chief Marshal Sir Richard Peirse. He’s got SeaFires for you sitting on a carrier on it’s way to Malaysia but the squad’s a bit green and would like a little action before Operation Zipper.  God Save The King.
MB
----------

A big smile forms on Baileys face – maybe he ‘will’ finally ask Jenny out tonight to the movie-tent they put up yesterday.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 08:49:36 PM by Mister Fork »
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 08:04:22 PM »
guess it was just when i was in there but the allies always had the numbers and when outnumbered the japs died - easliy

I didn't think the p38 jocks needed help - at least not what I saw

add a spit and you won't get any jap drivers ...

what's on the plate for Friday?
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 08:25:13 PM »
Originally posted by Eagler
guess it was just when i was in there but the allies always had the numbers and when outnumbered the japs died - easliy

I didn't think the p38 jocks needed help - at least not what I saw

I agree with Storch and Eagler on this one, the P-38's dont need help.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 08:45:11 PM »
They're adding the Seafire to this week's current plane set?  Why?  Just because a few whine and pout about some 'plane unbalance' you guys give in and break out the Dweebfire?  Here's a clue, it's not a plane unbalance that is effecting the current setup, it's more like a pilot unbalance, that is pilots that don't know what they're doing trying to fly a plane that is probably above their abilities.

I guess CurtissP-6EHawk's threat of holding his breath until he turned blue scared you guys into doing something this lame.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline pangea

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 08:46:21 PM »
This is such a joke.  "America gets help"???.....shoulda titled this thread "Allied whiners get their way again".  And the funniest thing of it all is the 38 is superior to the N1K and ki61.  Might as well give them all the blue planes as well.

Pathetic, absolutely pathetic.  Shame on you Fork.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 09:38:29 PM by pangea »

Offline GRUNHERZ

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 08:47:27 PM »
Unbelivably stupid.  The no skill dweebs who cant fly the P38 have won over reason.

Lets see what this means for a seconmd.

The P38 is allready 30mph faster than the niki and can actully turn with the niki as well.

Now you add another plane thats justa s fast as the niki and actually outurns it..

And this is from  a guy who has flown allies most of the ime in this setup - its simply idiotic....

IDIOTIC

IDIOTIC

YOU ARE IDIOTS

AND THE DECISION YOU HAVE MADE

IS IDIOTIC

FIX IT NOW!

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 08:49:54 PM »
Ditto.

The 38s didnt need any help. Guys  when you start adding planes in mid stream it just makes the mood worse in the arena. The level headed guys being pissed is bad enough, but the idiots that constantly whine go apechit.
 You end up spending half your time squelching the complainers, just so you can enjoy flying.

I rarely agree with Storch, but he's got a point, you didnt just add a plane you added a Spitfire. Don't know the reason, but there could have been a USN/USMC fighter, or the P-47 included at the start. Personally I thought this was a good setup. Adding any version of the Spit mid tour to a Phillipenes scenario is just asking for trouble.:(

Offline Dead Man Flying

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 09:17:12 PM »
Bad move.  The P-38 vs. N1K2/Ki-61 was a classic matchup that attracted me to the CT this week.  The P-38 already performs quite well against the Japanese planes, and if you throw a Seafire into the mix you're going to completely throw off the balance.  Not only would Allies enjoy a faster, better vertical performing, better zoom climbing, torqueless, and decently turning plane, but now they would also wield a substantial turnfighting advantage as well.

In other words, an already well-balanced planeset has now been replaced by one overwhelmingly favoring the Allies in all facets.

-- Todd/Leviathn
« Last Edit: February 29, 2004, 09:46:36 PM by Dead Man Flying »

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 10:00:31 PM »
Remember-- All the Allied Pilots in all of AH can't change the CT setup, only the CT staff can.  Vent your anger in the right direction.  A very bad move by Fork in my opinion, yet in many ways not very surprising.

Vote Bug:aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Rafe35

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2004, 10:11:26 PM »
The Lockheed P-38 was the best USAAF fighter in WWII at PTO and might well the best in AH also.  The P-38 is the best of them all and heck, USAAF got the highest kills in PTO (Dick Bong with 40 kills).  Well, Im going say that P-38 did had some help(not FAA nor RNZAF) from USN/USMC to help bombing run and I have picture but I would not rather post here.  

I believe Mister Fork will screw up if he added another aircraft.
Rafe35
Former member of VF-17 "Jolly Rogers"

Offline gear

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 10:20:32 PM »
To: General MacArthur/CO Allied Group
Fm: Admiral Lord Mountbatten
Subject: Request for air support
Greetings Douglas. Hear you’re having a rough spot with the Japs on the islands. Glad to help you out in this stressful time. I have sent a dispatch to Air Chief Marshal Sir Richard Peirse. He’s got SeaFires for you sitting on a carrier on it’s way to Malaysia but the squad’s a bit green and would like a little action before Operation Zipper. God Save The King.
MB

In other words WHAAA WHAAA THE JAPS ARE SHOOTTING DOWN ALLIED PLANES ,WE NEED MORE OF AN UPPER HAND,CAN WE HAVE A BIGGER CHIOCE OF PLANES?
  Now when the tables are turned you don't see anyone adding any axsis planes... WELL DO YOU ?:rolleyes:

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 10:44:48 PM »
Fork, I appreciate all your effort, however in the long run this is going to hurt the CT. Even if you had adding a second Allied aircraft planned from the start, its going to be perceived as catering to the "Allies". We have enough whining and crying about Allied advantages as it is and we are going to be hearing about this forever. Im also in agreement that the Allies do not need another aircraft and especially the Spit. Let the 1 or 2 guys that dont like the '38 suck it up or go fly the George. Its a damn fine ride that gets overlooked in the CT. We are attracting some of the best sticks from the MA to our little sandbox, lets not run them off. Get rid of the Spit and lets finish your set up thats far from broke.

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 10:57:17 PM »
Funny thing Slash, the good sticks from the MA dont bother with the Seafire because they know the 38 is far better. The Seafire should still go ASAP.

Offline CurtissP-6EHawk

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2004, 11:06:15 PM »
wow, loose the spit!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2004, 11:35:23 PM »
booooo!!!  poor form!!!!!

bad show!
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798