Author Topic: Small Maps – a Creeping Process. Hmmm…  (Read 11872 times)

Offline Grimm

• Silver Member
Small Maps – a Creeping Process. Hmmm…
« Reply #165 on: March 10, 2004, 02:47:12 PM »
Originally posted by beet1e
The entire community? - because the only people who argue with me are the furballers.  

Well,  I certainly dont fit the bill as the "Furball" Crowd.   I do make myself dizzy wizzing circles near the ground from time to time.  Heck,  I even enjoy it now and then.

I list myself to be more of a Sky Accountant, Have the Advantage,  Country General,  Tool Shed complex killing type of guy.   I try to use all styles of play,  except Im not much for GVs.

Yet, I can not seem to agree with you on Pizza vs Small Fields,  Pizza is not a good map for all types of play.   It is just plain boring.  I look for other things for the squad to do when Pizza is up.

Everyone in my squad dislikes Pizza as well.   We have a broad range of pilots,  Yet they all dread seeing it up.   a small group of 40 or so guys,  But that sampling is probably closer to the truth than what your selling.

No Sir aint buying any of it..  Is it possible that the Furball crowd is right??

As for Map rotation (thread)  I agree that each map should have equal time...

Week)
1) NdIsles
2) Trinity
3) Mindano
4) Big Isles
5) Uterus
6) FesterMA
7) Baltic
8) Pizza
9) Ozkanas

Each Map is up for a week, reguardless of resets.  Every Nine Weeks we could all have our favorite map.   Is that what you wanted Beetle?

I think I should bring my chair and cooler back to this thread for a while.  ;)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 10:54:28 PM by Grimm »

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #166 on: March 10, 2004, 06:56:30 PM »
Originally posted by Grimm
As for Map rotation (thread)  I agree that each map should have equal time...

Week)
1) NdIsles
2) Trinity
3) Mindano
4) Big Isles
5) Uterus
6) FesterMA
7) Baltic
8) Pizza
9) Ozkanas

Each Map is up for a week, reguardless of resets.  Every Nine Weeks we could all our favorite map.   Is that what you wanted Beetle?

I'm sure Beet will agree. He's said many times in this thread all he's asking is that "the map rotation is balanced and fair."

I can go along with this system too.... so there. Problem solved.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #167 on: March 10, 2004, 09:00:15 PM »
Each Map is up for a week, reguardless of resets. Every Nine Weeks we could all our favorite map.

Sounds good to me, I can take the good with the bad.

Now I'd like this opportunity being all of you are gathered to explain the snot all over me.

You see..

I have the reverse down. Have the con in view throughout the reverse the majority of time.

The problem I have, that I can't resolve is making adjustments to my flight path so that by the last view I have before the frontal view, the con is centered in it crossing my screen. So that when I switch to the frontal view he flys right into my sights...

We're talking alot of snot here fellas..

..and I'm stuffed up tonight

And Sax, youz guyz is da best.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2004, 09:02:44 PM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: March 11, 2004, 04:38:14 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
I'm sure Beet will agree. He's said many times in this thread all he's asking is that "the map rotation is balanced and fair."

I can go along with this system too.... so there. Problem solved.
:lol
Nice to end on a humourous note! Very soon (from the end of Saturday) there is to be an extended period of beet1e toodle-pippage. It's that trip to FNC I told you about, Mr. Toad. So I'll be out of your hair for about a week!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #169 on: March 11, 2004, 08:51:25 AM »
You're not in my hair Beet.

Like a lowly stagehand, I sort of enjoy running the spotlight as you interpretively dance across the stage of the AH BBS, exposing your derriere for one and all.

Bravo!
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: March 12, 2004, 09:33:01 AM »
Originally posted by Toad
You're not in my hair Beet.

Like a lowly stagehand, I sort of enjoy running the spotlight as you interpretively dance across the stage of the AH BBS, exposing your derriere for one and all.

Bravo!

This has been our best yet! :D

What's this word "derriere"? I think you might have meant "derrière". ;) That's OK, I was just being un mal à derrière. :)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Here we go again
« Reply #171 on: March 12, 2004, 03:47:36 PM »
Last week we had a small map (baltic) from Sunday to Friday. Then came Big Isles. This week it's back to small maps. Again. Uterus. Even if it gets reset, another small map will take it's place.

Logged on just now - here's what I saw.

People whine about the "spread out front line" on Pizza. But this ^ is what happens when the front line is just a base or two. Gangbangs, numerical supremacy smashdowns, 25 % fuel porkage...

... but every cloud has a silver lining, in this case TWO silver linings.
  • I've borrowed two DVDs from a friend - Shawshank Redemption & Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
  • My holiday starting Sunday means that I will miss small maps week! My timing is perfect! :D
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 08:42:19 PM by beet1e »

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: March 12, 2004, 04:00:32 PM »

This has been our best yet! :D

What's this word "derriere"? I think you might have meant "derrière". ;) That's OK, I was just being un mal à derrière. :)

hahem ... "mal au derrière" I give to both of you a A- ... peut mieux faire ;)

Offline Furious

• Gold Member
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #173 on: March 12, 2004, 05:16:25 PM »
... But this ^ is what happens when the front line is just a base or two. Gangbangs, numerical supremacy smashdowns, 25 % fuel porkage...[/list] [/B]

This is the fault  of the player base and not necessarily that of the map.

HTC gave the MA players free will.  With it most choose to avoid having to fight another human like the plague.

I had always felt that HT's idea to have a "war" with base capture was a good idea to draw players away from their nests, to seek out and engage other players, was a good one.  Now, I think this "war" has become the very reason most players avoid other players or if they do they do so in a horde.  

The war is easier to win if you don't actually have to fight anybody.

Offline NUKE

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
      • Arizona Greens
Re: Here we go again
« Reply #174 on: March 12, 2004, 05:43:58 PM »
Last week we had a small map (baltic) from Sunday to Friday. Then came Big Isles. This week it's back to small maps. Again. Uterus. Even if it gets rest, another small map will take it's place.

Logged on just now - here's what I saw.

People whine about the "spread out front line" on Pizza. But this ^ is what happens when the front line is just a base or two. Gangbangs, numerical supremacy smashdowns, 25 % fuel porkage...

... but every cloud has a silver lining, in this case TWO silver linings.
  • I've borrowed two DVDs from a friend - Shawshank Redemption & Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
  • My holiday starting Sunday means that I will miss small maps week! My timing is perfect! :D
[/B]

So you logged on and only saw this specific portion of the map? Did you notice the large green bar at the bottom? I wonder what the rest of the map looked like. In what way does this picture help make your point?

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2004, 06:26:52 PM »
[BWhat's this word "derriere"? I think you might have meant "derrière".  [/B]

No, I meant derriere as in:

Derriere - From Websters Online Dictionary

Derriere

Definition: Derriere
Derriere
Noun
1. The fleshy part of the human body that you sit on.

Source: WordNet 1.7.1 Copyright © 2001 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

Date "derriere" was first used in popular English literature: sometime before 1910. (references)

Synonyms: Derriere
Synonyms: arse (n), bellybutton (n), backside (n), behind (n), bottom (n), bum (n), buns (n), butt (n), buttocks (n), can (n), fanny (n), fundament (n), hind end (n), hindquarters (n), keister (n), nates (n), posterior (n), prat (n), rear (n), rear end (n), rump (n), seat (n), stern (n), tail (n), tail end (n), tooshie (n), tush (n). (additional references)

" A little "Moon River" if you please Maestro!"

Beet! You're on again!

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Re: Here we go again
« Reply #176 on: March 13, 2004, 06:49:30 AM »
Originally posted by NUKE
So you logged on and only saw this specific portion of the map? Did you notice the large green bar at the bottom? I wonder what the rest of the map looked like. In what way does this picture help make your point?

I logged at about the same time as Beetle like he said it was a 2 options map :
be ganbanged on the north.
be ganbanger on the south.

nothing very sexy :(

(and no I didn't speak about the 25% fuel :) ... yet)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #177 on: March 13, 2004, 09:36:22 AM »
furious... I believe that more people fight if the maps are early/mid war plane friendly.   that means closer fields... If you make the maps late war cherry picking, sky accountant friendly... you will get people doing the only thing they can do... hiding from each other and porking resourses in fast planes... Add some questionable "strat" and resupply features... a gaggle of newbies that "were somebody" somewhere else and voila!   timid unfun gameplay... well... unfun for those who enjoy a lot of action.

lazs

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Here we go again
« Reply #178 on: March 13, 2004, 02:12:19 PM »
Originally posted by straffo
I logged at about the same time as Beetle like he said it was a 2 options map :
be ganbanged on the north.
be ganbanger on the south.

nothing very sexy :(

(and no I didn't speak about the 25% fuel :) ... yet)
Tu as raison, mon ami! :aok

Nuke - I displayed as much as the map clipboard would allow in one shot. Much of what is not shown here is fields which are not front line.

Mr. Toad! derriere is not in my Oxford English Dictionary. Websters is American. What would they know? Muhahahaha!

Offline MadMan

• Copper Member
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2004, 02:10:13 AM »
you do NOT have to fly from front line bases... how do you think the rooks are always at 20 and 30k???    And the great thing about a small map... even from non-frontline bases it's still a shorter flight than on pizza to get to combat.