Author Topic: Small Maps – a Creeping Process. Hmmm…  (Read 11302 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
My "5 vulches"
« Reply #180 on: May 09, 2004, 06:43:23 AM »

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Small Maps – a Creeping Process. Hmmm…
« Reply #181 on: May 09, 2004, 11:00:37 PM »
Originally posted by A_Clown
Size doesnt matter.......................

Especially when the MA is so full of STAT potatos, too afraid to actually engage in a fight they might not win. Always making sure to fly in large groups of LA7s & spits with alt.

I always have to spend a few minutes trying to antipate where there will be an actual battle. Often once I actually find a battle, it is short lived, as1 side gains momentum with huge numbers of alted la7s, & the other side gets outnumbered & looks for an easier fight. YAWN!

Doesn't seem like all that long ago, people were looking for a FUN time flying a combat sim. Now it seems like its mostly alot of unpaid-professionals, fightin as score-potatos trying to impress some unknown score-pimp.

A_Clown

i agree with you sir, except in the remark about spitfires. i am myself, a spit lover/dweeb, but not becuase i cant fly anything else. i love the spit becuase of two reasons:
1: im brittish. enough said
2: becuase it is, for me, the ultimate furball machine. too slow to run away. too manouverable to be an easy kill.
and i live for the furballs and smaller fights.
in my defence i would say that i rarely if ever fly my little dweeb plane above 10k and almost exclusively i fly it alone.
so my objection is with your comment that spits are score potatos and strat monkeys. this is simply not true.
LA7 is a plane which is also considered a lame ride. whilst i agree many a newbie, or unskilled pilot may fly this bastad plane, we must accept that there are certain players that have made it an art form and therefore deserve respect for doing so. notable in my limited experience, one such pilot is 'Spazzter'
The Red Barron in WW1 flew in the Fokker Dr7 tri-plane mostly or the Albatros bi-plane. both of which were certainly in what we might call the dweeb catagory, but he flew in such a way that you knew he could outfly you with feathers stuck to his arms and a 9mm pistol!
and finaly may i point out that there are an equal amount of dweeb straters that use ponys, lightnings, corsairs and jugs for the same strat based stupidity.
my point in all this being: all planes are dweeb planes, its the pilot that makes them not.
I loved your bit about the score potatos and pimps. well funny! :)
''REAL MEN DOGFIGHT C-47s'' - Estes
enough said :aok
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 11:07:35 PM by mechanic »
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Small Maps – a Creeping Process. Hmmm…
« Reply #182 on: July 31, 2004, 03:29:30 AM »
...and now the creeping process has ended. Read the title of this thread once more. From having small maps 20% of the time, we now have small maps 100% of the time. Oh oh, I hear you say. HTC have their hands full what with new patches, fixes etc... Hmmm. Funny how all the small maps got converted to AH2, but not pizza, big isles, trinity...

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Small Maps – a Creeping Process. Hmmm…
« Reply #183 on: April 09, 2017, 02:06:46 PM »
From a long time ago....................but the problems still seem to be the same, found some of the replies still ring true

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #184 on: April 09, 2017, 02:20:25 PM »
 :headscratch: Hmm Only thing I am thinking is will this be locked by Monday 6.00am Central time or sooner?

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #185 on: April 09, 2017, 03:09:53 PM »
:headscratch: Hmm Only thing I am thinking is will this be locked by Monday 6.00am Central time or sooner?

One of the reasons we study history is so we do not try and make the same mistakes., can't hurt to review what was done in the past and what was done to improve things

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #186 on: April 09, 2017, 03:14:42 PM »
From a long time ago....................but the problems still seem to be the same, found some of the replies still ring true

What problems?

That 600 players dont fit on a small map well, agreed, but irrelevant as we no longer have 600 players at prime time.

That fuel porking to 25% hurts flying fighters, agreed, but again irrelevant as fuel cant be porked that low any more.

That hordes rule/run the fronts, agreed, but HTC doesn't seem to want to force  a stop to that type of play as the mains are a "sandbox" and ALL types of game play are allowed..... to a point  :noid

If you want to play by yourself/squad to roll undefended bases, open a custom arena and have at it. Large maps at this time with the lower numbers we have in game is going to give you spots all along long fronts with no defense.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2017, 06:06:30 PM »
Holy necro bump batman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2017, 06:27:17 AM »
Locked for violation of rule #10.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com