Author Topic: Why Do you Fly Aces High?  (Read 2014 times)

Offline Jochen

• Copper Member
      • http://www.jannousiainen.net
Why Do you Fly Aces High?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2000, 02:17:00 AM »
I cancelled my Warbirds account last friday after more than a year in that game. It was my most dearest and important hobby and now it is gone.

Why did I quit Warbirdsand switched to AH? There are many reasons:

-HTC knows what they are doing unlike folks in IEN.

-Far superior modeling of planes and attention to details ie. droptanks, armament configurations, more damageable parts.

-Dynamic environment, there is always something happening and worth the wait. New planes are coming out continuosly, in Warbirds we had two (2) new planes in one year.

-Ground vehicles. I have always wanted to drive tanks against other real peoples! Seems like AH will be the first third generation sim that allows players to control tanks. I hope we get enough tanks to recreate some interesting scenarios!

-Community. In AGW there is a bunch of people who can really make you feel sick, no matter how wrong they are they can't admit it. Some of them are plain stupid or evil it seems. Not so in here.

It felt to me that I had to get rid of the Warbirds weight before getting to a new game. Now it is done and I feel quite good.
jochen Gefechtsverband Kowalewski

Units: I. and II./KG 51, II. and III./KG 76, NSGr 1, NSGr 2, NSGr 20.
Planes: Do 17Z, Ju 87D, Ju 88A, He 111H, Ar 234A, Me 410A, Me 262A, Fw 190A, Fw 190F, Fw 190G.

Sieg oder bolsevismus!

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Why Do you Fly Aces High?
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2000, 08:06:00 AM »
I mirror everything that Jochen said in above post, except I canceled my account in Dec.

The quality of the sim, and customer support are two prime reasons for me.

------------------
Brian "Ripsnort" Nelson
++JG2++ ~Richthofen~ XO
(Formerly VF-101 Grim Reapers~Rip1~Warbirds~)
JG2 "Richthofen"

"Opfer mussen gebracht werden"
— Otto Lilienthal