Author Topic: AH fun has dissapeared  (Read 5997 times)

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2000, 11:19:00 PM »
I dont know ram. the guys killing me are usually ones I recognize HO or not.
Get a team you can fly with. I almost dont fly unless some guys I know are on.
Makes missions real easy too.

carl

AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2000, 11:39:00 PM »
There are some basic flaws in the game that ruin it for all the experienced players.

1. resqawning queens-that dont mind dying 50 times in a row trying to get an HO going, there should be some kind of a delay or penalty for dying x many times in a short period. Base captures , I know all the hoopla about destroying all the buildings , acks , ect.. but lets face it one respawner queen and hold off 50 attackers , and people just get plain ol bored with that crap.

2.In an HO as long all the other guy explodes first , you dont have much to worry about, why is that ?. It does take 2 to HO , i only ho in an off angle shot which most turn fighters give up in trying to position themselves.

3. Not enough stategic targets that really effect the game play, and if they are hit they rebuild way to fast to help the attackers position in the overal arena.

4. Maneuver kills are just dumb , like posted in another thingy , if ya cant shoot em down ( like have proof ala ww2 with guncameras ) you shouldnt get a kill, there's too much sittin at bases collecting kills for free. I know the thing whre people think someone has augered just to avoid giving a guy a kill , but if you cant hit him with bullets you dont deserve credit for his flying faults.

5. Bombers are too accurate in bombing , which is only gonna get worse in next version with i hear that Lancaster is coming out with a 40% increse in bomb load. Saturation  bombing should be the only bombing option at 26,000' or more.

6.  Tooooo much information available in the game , with these small sectors with sector indicators and pinpoint onboard radar sets , it is basically a point your airplane in that direction and go ho whatever you find and wallah !  you win.

7. Perk planes would go along way in keeping experienced people interested and give the others something to strive for, and should probably be based solely on the kill/death ratio , say like it takes 20 kills (maybe make jets avail to those with 50 kills) and no deaths to obtain a perkplane, that way everyone if they really tried to avoid unecessary deaths by respawing alot or ho'ing alot can get their little hands on a perkplane till they die in it, and the perkplane should be repairable on the pad but maybe take like 20 mins sittin to repair.Maybe anyone with a 1.0 or less k/d ratio should not even be able to get a perk plane till 30 kills are obtained.

I feel that some changes like damage done to countries resources last longer , HO if both planes go down BOTH  get credit , bombers become more like bombers of the era instead of laserguided bomb loads, radar is more accurate such as height of detection (presently radar detects everything from zero alt to 100,000')ect and basically get rid of the sector indicators and the inflight radar data on the clipboard,decrease the maneuver kill to 1k or less, make the airbses larger and fewer of them , and better protect the veh. net bases. And get rid of the vehicle blob that you can see from 20 miles away , which makes vehicles suicide missions only. I feel that some of these changes like respawning delays and some other stuff will make base captures alittle bit easier for a determined attacker but that will make the arena more fluid and will keep things interesting , instead of ones countries destruction or survival being determined by the others gangbanging it or not.

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 08-28-2000).]

[This message has been edited by carl (edited 08-28-2000).]

Offline Zigrat

• Nickel Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2000, 11:47:00 PM »
Screw using K/D. I don't fly for K/D. Points, baby, yeah. They should be worth something  

I don't fly for points either, but hey, i get alot of them  

funked

AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2000, 11:48:00 PM »
The 5 mile IFF icons and the AWACS display are the big turnoffs for me in the MA.

The icons mean that every bandit in an 82 square mile area knows your plane type, range, and can estimate your closure rate and thus your energy state.  And more importantly he gets an easy tally from the giant red letters, when any real pilot would be struggling just to acquire you.

And the in-flight horizontal situation display is something that belongs in an F-22 sim, not a WW2 sim.

I guess these things help beginners or something.  I don't have an interest in playing in such an arena any more though.  If I want that stuff I'll go play a space sim or a jet sim.  Having that stuff in a WW2 sim makes as much sense as putting AIM-9 on a Spitfire.

And I won't even get into the B-17G and B-26 bomb delivery systems which outperform a B-2 with JDAM...

[This message has been edited by funked (edited 08-28-2000).]

carl

AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2000, 11:56:00 PM »
One incentive to win the war and not just vulch bases for kicks (which is boring after 4-5 kills anyways) is that the winning side all the players start out with a perk plane if they have been on that side for more than 72 hours or something like that.

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2000, 12:11:00 AM »
"7. Perk planes would go along way in keeping experienced people interested and give the others something to strive for, and should probably be based solely on the kill/death ratio , say like it takes 20 kills (maybe make jets avail to those with 50 kills) and no deaths to obtain a perkplane, that way everyone if they really tried to avoid unecessary deaths by respawing alot or ho'ing alot can get their little hands on a perkplane till they die in it, and the perkplane should be repairable on the pad but maybe take like 20 mins sittin to repair.Maybe anyone with a 1.0 or less k/d ratio should not even be able to get a perk plane till 30 kills are obtained."

Wow the Alt f4rs get the perk planes. That would be great.

Funked
What do you suggest take the place of the dar we have? WW2 pilots had some informantion about what was going on arround them.......

Renfield

AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2000, 12:16:00 AM »
LOL, RAM. And you said look who's crying?  

What? You want the other guy to hold still while you make the consumate kill? If you don't get the kill it is the other guy cheating or not flying to your standards? A little cheese with that whine?

You gotta earn it dude. It always takes two to HO. If you don't like and can't avoid that situation, then it is just your lack of skill. Perhaps the fun is gone because more and more in the arena fly better than you?

All the HO whiners are just hiding behind their inability to get the advantage to position for a deflection or 6 shot. Nothing more and nothing less.

Situation - two planes nose to nose. How did this happen? Who should turn away and allow the other (you) to take the shot? Obviously the other guy. It's always the other guy's fault. It's always the other guyt hat forced the nose-to-nose and not you isn't it? Waaaa.  

You should practice. May I suggest the training arena?  

Renfield

AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2000, 12:20:00 AM »
Hmmm... not accepted as an instructor... Can't get people to follow your lead...

Anyone else notice a pattern?  

Offline Extreme

• Zinc Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2000, 12:31:00 AM »
Like someone said in the HO thread...I'll take the HO if I see the other guy trying to avoid it.  This has always been the case for me.

OTOH, if I see they're positioning for the HO, I'll try to avoid it and hope they're a bad shot  ..unless of course I'm too slow to move outa the way.

If a guy I'm fighting runs away, I consider the fight won and just say to myself "hmm..no sweat...next" and move on.

Only time I really get pissed is if I have to log off after a death..I hate that!  

Ex.

Offline crabofix

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2000, 04:34:00 AM »

Mr RAM
I have to tell you this:
I like your skills and you are an awesome pilot, but you lack all respect for others.

Ive been watching your unpleasant outbursts on the generalchannel a lot of times and poor guy that shoots the mighty RAM!!

The only way anyone could get you would be, according to yoursef:

1 A HO
2 Reciving no 6 call from your country men.

6 calls,if you are so dependent on others giving you 6 calls

A. stop flying 190 a8
or
B. Wing up with someone.

I can agree that the 6 calls arent what they use to be, still I am not getting as pissed as I used to either, when not reciving them.

I kinda got used to it.

You are a part of AH not being fun anymore, because of your bad temper and to much roadkill talk in the buffer.

Sincerelly Crabofix =<ISAF>=

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2000, 07:40:00 AM »
Fatty  

Crabofix  

Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2000, 07:49:00 AM »

Originally posted by Renfield:
Hmmm... not accepted as an instructor... Can't get people to follow your lead...

Anyone else notice a pattern?  

LOL this is the first fun thing since yesterday, man!!!! LMAO!

Renfield you are a utterly stupid. Each thread I read from you I realize it more.

BTW its Pyro who elects the instructors. I wasnt elected and I have no problems with it. In fact I go to TA in a regular basis and help newbies whenever I can. No need to be "official" instructor for it    

Originally posted by crabofix:
Mr RAM
I have to tell you this:
I like your skills and you are an awesome pilot, but you lack all respect for others.

I lack respect for the useless dweeb who only knows to HO, run, HO ,run, and ack hug. And sorry this is something that wont be changed in a while. I was once a useless dweeb, but in the second HO I did I realized how stupid it was. I didnt need much help to realize it. But here dweebs will sell your soul to the devil to get a kill. And I'll never respect that.

The only way anyone could get you would be, according to yoursef:

1 A HO
2 Reciving no 6 call from your country men.

Crabo sorry but it is simply not true. "mighty" RAM, as you say, has his butt kicked on a regular basis by wonderful ACM, good teamwork, etc. And to the other pilots involved in this fights there Is ALWAYS a S! on the buffer from me.

A. stop flying 190 a8
or
B. Wing up with someone.

I wont stop flying any plane because dweebs, and about winging up, I have a personal project that if goes OK maybe will get up the fun of AH for me again.

I can agree that the 6 calls arent what they use to be, still I am not getting as pissed as I used to either, when not reciving them.

Oh well, I am starting to get used to no six call...but when I dive on a con to clear other's six after CALLING IT, I expect him warning if I am in danger. That is what happened yesterday, and that is what I really cant stand.

You are a part of AH not being fun anymore, because of your bad temper and to much roadkill talk in the buffer.

First was bad temper. now is simply boredom. There is something that gets me sick, and that is to expect a challenging fight from the con that is 10K over me, only to see him dive on my 12 to get a HO, or the guy who is 5K over me with initial speed advantage, one on one, and he keeps on running instead of trying to fight.

Sorry ,If I see a wonderful pilot flying with skill, a S! will be in the buffer,if I see the worse dweebish moves possible then there will be a DWEEB! call on the buffer.

I dont stop myself saluting the good flying of some pilots, dont know why must I stop calling coward dweeb to the one who doesnt want to fight, even in the advantage.

Offline Maniac

• Gold Member
AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2000, 07:59:00 AM »
"and that is to expect a challenging fight from the con that is 10K over me, only to see him dive on my 12 to get a HO,"

If this is happening repeadetly (sp?) then i assure you that its _you_ who is who is doing something really wrong.

Have you tried going over to the training arena? <G>

------------------
AH : Maniac
WB : -nr-1-
Warbirds handle : nr-1 //// -nr-1- //// Maniac

Renfield

AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2000, 08:22:00 AM »

Originally posted by RAM:
...I was once a useless dweeb...

Not much has changed has it?

RAM, you do this to yourself. As being the target of your flames after shooting you down I can attest that you attack like an idiot.

As far as I'm concerned, RAM, you are still a dweeb. One to be avoided if flying on the same side and one to hunt if flying on another. You aren't that good. Any time you get shot down, you are quick to blame and accuse. Every flyer in the arena is not an HO dweeb nor is every time you get killed one of you countrymen's fault for not calling your 6. If you are dying it is one person's fault - yours.

While I appreciate 6 calls, it is every pilot's own responsibility for their own SA. If you get blasted because you aren't paying attention, the ultimate blame is your own. In our altercation your plane was also pointed nose to mine - yet you continue to rant about it being my fault and lament "HO dweebs". You still don't get it - it always has and always will take two to HO.

Someone doesn't call my 6? I don't go on a rant like you do. I end up in an HO with someone? I don't go blasting them like you do. You act younger and younger RAM. I'm thinking you are 8-10 years old at this point. All this crying and I think a pacifier or diaper change might be just the ticket.

This is it for me though. I'm not going to respond to any more of your troll posts but do intend to hunt you whenever possible. You will be a trophy kill, RAM. And an easy one I might add. And I'll take any shot I can to get you - HO or not. Actually, if I know it's you, I'll set up for the HO if possible just because you are pulling all this crap on the boards and in the arena.

I've dropped you before and I'll do it again. You just aren't that good a pilot. And I eagerly await your yelling to your countryment for not protecting your 6 and to me for not holding still for you and giving you the easy shot.

Useless dweeb indeed.

Renfield

AH fun has dissapeared
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2000, 08:32:00 AM »
And for chrissakes, there is nothing wrong with a guy bugging out and "running" if he feels he has lost the advantage. You rant about people flying "recklessly" and coming at you "HO" (always their fault - just need to point that out to the LD such as yourself) but then rant about someone giving up on the fight to save their virtual life?

What's going on is RAM is in a slump. RAM can't get any kills recently so RAM feels he must blame everyone but himself. That is all that is going on. RAM wants attention so he trolls in here squeaking about someone pointing their plane AT him (the absolute horror!) but also bleats if they point their plane away.

The hypocrisy there is pretty damn thick.

I think the only ones that you <S> are the ones you kill. Anyone that kills you obviously must have been gaming, HO'ing, or some lame-o didn't call your 6.

Yeah, right. Dweeb.