Author Topic: Axis Complaints.  (Read 4227 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2004, 12:08:30 AM »
Yup, I guess my point was that there are non-naval Allied squads that could be providing OPFOR but are not. That is of course their perogative, its their $14.95 after all, but it is rather disappointing with no standing Axis squads anymore.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2004, 12:26:38 AM »
I have a dream! A dream where the CT doubles in numbers and three or four dedicated Japanese squadrons form. A dream where the Japanese squadrons just fly and have fun and don't fret the small stuff (in other words ... don't whine).

That's why I'm proposing an auxiliary unit within CAG-44 that is dedicated to making sure the U.S. Navy pilots get quality opposition and newly formed Japanese squadrons get the support they need.

Otherwise known as "The 44th Sentai."

No whiners allowed. ;) :aok

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2004, 07:19:19 AM »
Originally posted by Sakai
Hmmmm . . . let me see if I got this all right:

"You're a ree-tard Billy, face it, you suck, I oughtta come over there and . . ."

"Yeah and what, huh? Gonna sic yer hamster on me nancy boy?"

"No, my hamster hasn't been the same since you raped it, Richard Reetard Ranger."

"You're Richard.  Richard Cranium man, get it potato peeler?"

"Did your sister write that joke for you?  Tell her to come get her clothes outta my bedroom . . ."

"Why man?  Don't they fit?  You'd look good in pink panties puke breath . . ."

"Yeah, you're showing yer preferences again Mr. Strait Jacket Material, just like you did at the first thing when you said that stuff and you . . ."

"Yeah, right precious, Marlene said that never happened and she did the first thing that one time that . . ."

"She made it up man, she was always out drunk so how could she . . ."

"Oh yeah, now even Marlene's wrong, you think you know that stuff, but you don't man, you don't know that stuff."

"Yeah, well no.  OK?"

Thanks for listening, all the world's eight year olds are now busy throwing sand in each other's faces in the playground so we will be forced to return you to a more worldy and enlightened website:

http://www.engrish.com/

Tune in next week when the Hamster shows up in the panties and everyone worries that Marlene might be right about not mixing cheap, warm Scotch with Orange Soda while jumping on Billy's waterbed.  

I think I'll be flying an inferior plane and working on my excuses like:

"I'm spotting AND I broke a nail."

Sakai
ROTFLMAO.
Well Done Sakai:rofl

Offline Sakai

• Silver Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2004, 07:28:35 AM »
Originally posted by Grits
Sakai! Stopit!!

What do you know anyway Ricardo Cabeza?? :)

I know he thinks stats are for dorks.

Sakai

"Bring me the Cabeza of Alfredo Garcia, Ricardo."
"The P-40B does all the work for you . . ."

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2004, 06:44:43 PM »
"Since your type has taken the reign of most those events they aren't worth the effort. Cap is bull****. Squads Ops has already past its best days and snapshots have always sucked ass.

Well that stung Batz considering I am the author of Squad Ops and Snapshots. :cool: Oh well, at least some appreciate and enjoy my past efforts and the efforts of the current CM events team of which I am still apart of.

Life goes on.

------------------------
CO CM daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Roster
Noses in the wind since 1997.

Worry is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but does not get you anywhere – Mary E. Glazier, 1918 to Present
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Batz

• Gold Member
      • http://bellsouthpwp.net/w/o/wotans/4JG53/
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2004, 08:00:07 PM »
Daddog,

I was made aware of the unintended effect my comments had in causing insult to others who have nothing to do with the squabble between myself and that other guy.

If you go back you will see I edited that post and explained why.

You and I traded emails when my squad dropped out of ToD and I explained that the decision had nothing to do with how the event is run or how it played. I had a lot of fun participating in TOD as a player and as the many times I was able to be the Axis commander.

As to Snapshots I CO'd quite a few and made a point of bringing in new players. In fact for both ToD and Snapshots and early CAP I did as much if not more then anyone to get more players and squads involved. A quick search of this BBS will show that. I did my share of arguing on behalf of those flying with me and when it was clear that I had a differing view I simply moved on.

I apologize if my comment offended you or anyone else that isn't involved in the dispute.    My replies to Squire were as result of his insults. He edited his comments after each one of my posts; please check the times of edit. These left my posts somewhat out of context.

I have received a few emails from folks and now your reply here assuming I was directing my comments towards them. In fact they were directed at Squire who has "Aces High CM Team" in his signature not at all past and present CMs.

My statement:

"Since your type has taken the reign of most those events they aren't worth the effort."

Was directed and at him and I stand by it.

Again I apologize if you were offended.  

Regards,

Batz / Wotan

ps...

Since your post came well after I edited mine I assume its being discussed on some forum where I don't have access. Please pass my reply from this thread on to where ever that is. If there is anything else that needs discussing my email address is in my sig.

Offline Splurts

• Zinc Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2004, 08:07:39 PM »
The two main topics I've caught in here are Variety and Accuracy.  I've refrained from responding till now while I sorted out what I really felt.

My first point is along the same lines as Lowe's.  The aircraft mix, at times seems to be lacking in variety on several maps or more accurately, the variety on some of the larger maps are not 'fielded' accurately.  Were there actually Spits stationed on the other side of the channel?  If so, which bases?  How many compared to the allied aircraft.  I'm not sure if AH supports this or not but the further from commonality a plane is fielded from, why not increase it's points?  As far as allied having more of a selection than Lufwaffe, it's going to happen, however, give us the Frank.....to the best of the knowledge, it was used till nearly the end of the war and can be the 'Spit' thrown into the knife fight for the Luftwaffe.

My second point involves the mindset behind the pilots that fly in the CT.  Nothing burns my goat more than someone flying an A-20 into a base, boldly bombing everything without reguard to the planes use and then turning around and pretending it's an BF-110 and out turning the knife fighters and playing spit just to spite the game mechanics.  I realise that it's a balance in the CT, of those that fly to re-enact and those that fly to 'game the game'.  I think a consensus between everyone would cool a lot of tensions in that respect.

A third point, just because I happen to think of it.  Part of the frustration that many feel is Aces High isn't the only game they play.  They get a taste of realism in many available sims, some of which are modeled very accurately and others are very arcadish but none with  the variety or popularity online as Aces High.  To quote the second page of the website
It's the most diverse virtual arsenal available to players in this genre and it's constantly growing through frequent updates.
I think we are presently lacking in frequent updates and many of the known modeling issues are being moved to the Aces High II model and AH is getting stale from a gameplay perspective.

Splurts
JG3

Offline Löwe

• Silver Member
      • http://www.geocities.com/duxfordeagles
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2004, 09:57:18 PM »
Originally posted by Splurts
My second point involves the mindset behind the pilots that fly in the CT.  Nothing burns my goat more than someone flying an A-20 into a base, boldly bombing everything without reguard to the planes use and then turning around and pretending it's an BF-110 and out turning the knife fighters and playing spit just to spite the game mechanics.  

I agree with you totaly on that one. I doubt that happens in CT only though.

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #68 on: March 19, 2004, 01:01:25 PM »
I appreciate the apology.  All forgiven here Batz.  I can’t understand why you would make such a broad statement in the first place, but I have tasted my socks more than once.  Water under the bridge. I will not bring it up again. I am sorry your having problems with squire. He has done some excellent work in Squad Operations of late. Yet these conflicts are so common between two players who are out spoken and opinionated.  

------------------------
CO CM daddog
332nd Flying Mongrels
Roster
Noses in the wind since 1997.

Old age is when anything new you feel is most likely a symptom.
Unknown
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2004, 01:50:40 PM »
Originally posted by Splurts
Nothing burns my goat more than someone flying an A-20 into a base, boldly bombing everything without reguard to the planes use and then turning around and pretending it's an BF-110 and out turning the knife fighters and playing spit just to spite the game mechanics.
I'll happily fly level bombers but in too many setups there are none, or only the Ju88/Boston match available. Then the A20 will remain my first choice on the Allied side.  Give me a B-26 and I'll happily leave the A20 in the hanger as will most level bomber enthusiast.  Besides, the A20 is at a hugh disadvantage in a dogfight making it almost impossible to win in a 1 v 1 but it's still fun and a heck of a thing when you actually shoot someone down.

Never the less, Lowe's original post concerning the lack of varity in the Axis rides is right on.  It's the same thing that puts me in an A20 when there are no other bombers available or the Ju88 is too out matched by F6Fs, P47s and P51s.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2004, 02:37:09 PM »
Originally posted by daddog
Yet these conflicts are so common between two players who are out spoken and opinionated.  

nothing a little DA time can't resolve.

:D
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2004, 04:40:26 PM »
Hell ... it's generally "DA" time that starts it. :D

Offline daddog

• Plutonium Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2004, 07:47:50 PM »
nothing a little DA time can't resolve.
LOL I wish it was that easy. Well... maybe not. I would win few arguments.  
:p
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Pongo

• Platinum Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2004, 09:07:26 PM »
Bear
"I think we get used to thinking whether a plane set is fair, instead of what was historic for the time period of the map involved."

realistic plane sets are meaningless with base capture as the objective.
Almost univeraly the real objective of WW2 aircombat was attrition not the capture of anything.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2004, 10:39:41 PM »
You mean Chuck Yeager didn't land his P-51 and capture Goering? :D