Author Topic: Axis Complaints.  (Read 4209 times)

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #75 on: March 21, 2004, 01:35:58 AM »
Originally posted by Bear76
I think we get used to thinking whether a plane set is fair, instead of what was historic for the time period of the map involved. If I get killed, I don't blame the plane. I blame the pilot, because I probably did something stupid and deserved to get killed.

Oh man, how did I miss that post Bear? You summarized the exact method to finding happiness in the CT. That, in a few short sentences, is what I do and it is why I have fun in every set we have no matter which side I fly for. The only thing that upsets me is when the odds get way off, not that one side might have a little too "Uber" a plane.

Planesets should NOT[/b] primarily be selected for "balance" (a word that is gradually starting to develope a negative conotation with me), but rather for historic accuracy, or at least as much as the available planes allow. If they are balanced, more to the good, but that SHOULD NOT be the goal.

Offline _Schadenfreude_

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2004, 03:50:04 AM »
Originally posted by Arlo
Why does there need to be? Ain't both A6Ms, the Tony and the George enough versus the F4U-1? That's 4 models versus one. The Hog drivers end up actually experiencing more diversity in the setup though. The IJ pilots know exactly what they'll be facing ... over and over and over and over and over.

But hell ... if it'll take subbing to actually make this work (like in "Second Wind") .. sure ... sub anything for anything. 190s, LA7s and 5s, 110s, Jugs and ponies, P-38s with meatballs painted on em ...  sub every single plane modeled in the game except the F4U-1. Paint em up .... ship em out. In this corner the F4U-1. In that corner ... everything else. :D

Well there's no point in having a CT room when most nights - GMT admittedly there's no one there or 4-5 people at most.

Without a bigger planeset I think the problem will remain - 300 people in MA, 8 people in CT - may as well go and play IL2 on Hyperlobby.

Subbing isn't the answer imo - though to be honest am not sure what is....ot wish we had rolling planesets in ma...

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2004, 03:54:27 AM »
What *I* think HTC should do is add more PTO planes then break up the planesets into different arenas. MA Euro/MA Pac. Then we're halfway there to getting the players into Historic Euro/Historic Pac! THEN ... watch out! SCW! (eg) :D :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #78 on: March 21, 2004, 05:43:13 PM »
biggest reason there arent more peeps in CT is in this thread--MA strikes me as far more layed back
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Axis Complaints.
« Reply #79 on: March 21, 2004, 06:27:18 PM »
No, the reason there arent more peeps in the CT is that we rarely have the "Fab Four", IE the P-51D, Spit9, La-7, and Niki. The two most often heard reasons are:

#1-not enough players. This is a good reason, but is predominantly caused by #2.

#2-I dont like the restricted planeset. Translation="I'm to lazy to learn a new plane" or alternately "I dont like not  having my favorite crutch plane". Not a good reason.

MA is more laid back? You've got to be kidding?!? Go to the MA and see how many insults there are vs 's on Ch1 and then compare that to how many you see in the CT. Sure there is some Ch1 tard-talk, but its not nearly as common, I'd go so far as to say infrequent even. By contrast, you can not spend any time in the MA without seeing the "2 min drill" of insults replayed every half hour.