Author Topic: Terrain editor files  (Read 1166 times)

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
Terrain editor files
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2004, 08:05:38 PM »
The Computer constantly rebooting was EXACTLY what was happening. NOW you post,LOL. I pulled this comp's HD and put it in my home comp and the same rebooting accured, so I at least had the savvy to track the problem down. I never knew 98 didn't like more that 1 gig of RAM. I guess 3 gigs is completely overdoing it:) Once and only once I got the out of memory error, thats what led me to yank the ram out and that did it!

But thanks for the info, I'm off to read it.

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Shiva
You actually didn't have to remove the RAM. Microsoft's Knowledge Base has two articles relevant to Win98SE and large amounts of memory -- Computer May Reboot Continuously with More Than 1.5 GB of RAM and "Out of Memory" Error Messages with Large Amounts of RAM Installed.

The former has the solution to the direct problem -- open up your SYSTEM.INI file and add the following line to the [386enh] section:

MaxPhysPage=40000

This limits the amount of physical RAM that Windows can access to 1 GB. For more information on using MaxPhysPage, look at Specifying Amount of RAM Available to Windows Using MaxPhysPage.

And I know it's not real useful to you any more, but it's worth throwing out here for the other people who may get stuck the same way.

Offline Ike 2K#

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Terrain editor files
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2004, 01:47:53 AM »
nuttz, can you send everything you have at....

cableisallgoodbaby@comcast.net

:)