Author Topic: AH Classic, AH II, and AH Premium?  (Read 4767 times)

Offline beet1e

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
AH Classic, AH II, and AH Premium?
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2004, 03:35:38 PM »
Originally posted by mars01
Yeah beet but he flies these planes at 5k or below:aok
That's half of the problem!

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2004, 03:35:41 PM »
Let me find that tour and see what was up. There's always a reason why Beet provides incomplete stats.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 03:39:00 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2004, 03:40:11 PM »
I'd like to see how easy mode you think those planes are under 5k.;)

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2004, 03:41:48 PM »
Wow... hard to argue with glorious notions of furballers vs strat guys.  Nah... furballers don't run right back to numbers.  What was I thinking?

And object of the game toad?  It's hard to argue that furballing has any particular object, though you're just as likely to find this type of behavior in most if not all furballs.  People would rather fight in relative safety.  Objective of the game has little to do with it.

MiniD

Offline kevykev56

• Silver Member
Agreed
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2004, 03:42:13 PM »
I cant believe I am saying this...but Zazen nailed it. IMHO the arena now better represents the way WW2 combat really was. This is now an arena where most any type of fight can be found. The German aces were masters of cherrypicking. And the Allies were more concerned with team tactics. Both are elements that I personally strive for.

Some of the old hands may need to adapt to the new situation. It isnt going to be the short flight to an equal enemy 1v1.  All of those complaining have probably got years of flight sim experience, great SA and ACM skills. The challenge is less now for you except for the rare brush with an equal opponent. The new players here have the same learning curve we all had, it takes time.  As the new players advance there skills, fights will become more interesting.

I say NO to a premium hike...lets keep costs down as low as possible!!

RHIN0
RHIN0 Retired C.O. Sick Puppies Squadron

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2004, 03:49:03 PM »
Ah, OK, that was tour 44, Sept '03.

Let's see, statman, how did it really play out?

61 Kills, 30 Deaths. Hmmmm.. didn't play much did I?

#3 Plane, P-51, 18% of those kills.

#4 Plane, F4U-1C, 13% of those kills.

#5 Plane, La-7, 5% of those kills.

Total kills in Perk Planes, 13%.

So, yeah, it's safe to say I wouldn't notice.

As far as easymode planes, the P-51 and La-7 do have their advantages when flown as you would fly them.

Take them into a whirling swirling low furball and stick in there and tell me what you think then. Post your famous films then.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2004, 03:53:16 PM by Toad »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2004, 03:50:51 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Fly mornings! Get up an hour early before work. You'll find 125 - 200 online. Connects are smooth & rock solid.

Plus the morning crew has a pretty good bunch of guys.

:aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2004, 03:52:25 PM »
Mini, you digress.

My thesis was that the steamrolling Zip finds abhorrent stems from the present "goal" of the game which is capture enough bases to win the reset and earn your Perk Points.

Care to address that?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2004, 03:55:58 PM »
Seems "the lack of people willing to fight" was the main point toad.  As in "no one wants to fight anymore".  There just seems to be a certain crowd or two that only thinks this only applies to the other guys.

MiniD

Offline Morpheus

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2004, 03:56:47 PM »
I sence another high jacking...:rolleyes:
If you don't receive Jesus Christ, you don't receive the gift of righteousness.

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2004, 03:57:45 PM »
Seems "the lack of people willing to fight" was the main point toad. As in "no one wants to fight anymore". There just seems to be a certain crowd or two that only thinks this only applies to the other guys.

Yeah and you are trying to say people that furball don't want to fight anymore either.  I find that strange since the reason to furball is to fight.

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2004, 04:00:13 PM »
That's what you'd think eh?

But you said it yourself... 5:1.  Where do most of the people in a furball hang out?  Where the numbers are even or in the back?

MiniD

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Re: AH Classic, AH II, and AH Premium?
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2004, 04:00:30 PM »
Originally posted by Zippatuh
Getting really tired of the “be the steamroller or be rolled”, no one wants to fight anymore.  The rule of thumb today is, do I have 5 friendlies to back me, and I do.  Whew ok then, here I go.

Hmmmm. When I read that what I get is that Zip is really tired of the "be the steamroller or be rolled" aspect.

Thus my thesis, that the steamroller.... the thing Zip is getting really tired of.... is caused by the game goal of taking bases to win the reset and win the perk points.

Care to address that yet? What do YOU think causes the steamroller approach?

Offline Mini D

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
      • Fat Drunk Bastards
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2004, 04:04:01 PM »
I know what you read toad.  You probably missed that "couldn't find a fight on the fest map" part all together.

Do you suppose this is because there weren't any furballs?  There weren't any furballers?  What?

Nah... it must be because only strat guys were playing that night.  Not the noble furballers that just want even number matchups and fair fights.  You know... those guys.

Either you're going to have to admit that nobody really likes to furball or that furballs are just as susceptable to the same behavior you see everywhere else.  Either way... you have been wrong on one of two counts quite a bit for the last year.

MiniD

Offline mars01

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2004, 04:10:52 PM »
That's what you'd think eh?

If thats not what you are saying then what are you saying?

But you said it yourself... 5:1.

5 to 1 what, again what are you saying?

Where do most of the people in a furball hang out? Where the numbers are even or in the back?

Where would you like em to hang out.  The whole point of entering a furball is to fight.  The whole point of the start game is to drop bombs and troops, the fact that strat guys may see some nme fighters is ancillary to that goal.

It's not perk point driven, it's not strat driven, it's just people prefering the easy kill vs the even matchup.

If you want easy kills the last place you are going to go is a furball.